Non-O Married 1 Year Options Near Thailand

I read here KL is currently a good place to get a 1 year non-O marriage based visa. Just the normal 3 month multiple entry 1 year expiry...

Not a huge fan of KL - is there anywhere else near Thailand I could go to?

I'd love to go some place I haven't been - Vietnam maybe... HK.. Singapore? Burma? Any info would be much appreciated! Travel cost not an issue, within reason.

Travel agent told me there's a new flight to Kunming, China from Chiang Mai, so that's another option - does anyone know anything about the Thai consulate there?

Thanks!

Edited by nikster

I know there's different rules like the 100k baht one. Not an issue just would have liked to go somewhere other than KL. Oh well, maybe I'll make it up the towers this time...

I have heard rumors that Cambodia or Laos also work for a multi entry non-o when you go through a middleman. Or maybe that was just the tourist multi entry... doesn't matter I've been to both places many times already.

Remember that if you want a multiple non-O in KL, you will need to show 100,000 baht in your bankaccount. Otherwise it will be Australia for a multiple.

Hi

This seems to be just what I am looking for - could I ask for a little more info?

I have not had to do visa runs for nearly 20 years. However, circumstances changed. Last year I got a one year visa based on my marriage to my Thai wife but had to show bank statements for 400K in the bank for three months. This year I am unable to this as funds have dipped slightly below the requirement. I have just been given an extension for two months until December 3rd and was told by immigration that I would then need to leave the country and get a visa elsewhere.

From this thread I understand that I can fly to KL and get a multiple non-o based on my marriage with 100K in the bank.

Can anyone tell me what other documentation is required in addition to marriage papers, bank book/statement and wifes ID card. I want to do this visa run but I dont want to end up in KL without sufficient documentation. Also, it was mentioned that it is multiple entry for 1 year duration - I take it that means that I have to leave every three months (which is fine as I have other trips planned anyway) in the same way as I would with a multiple reentry permit.

Also - Does anyone know the cost of this visa? And is there any additional cost every three months? (like a reentry permit).

Thanks in advance for any info.

You may find this useful........http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/387473-my-experiencetrip-for-non-o-in-kl-this-week/page__p__3784275#entry3784275

If you leave/re-nter every 90 days there is nothing more to pay with the Non O visa.

Edited by CharlieH

Two additional papers that could be worth having is a short note from wife asking for visa to be issued/dated/signed as further proof marriage is still intact and copy of her home register.

Visa should cost about 5,000 baht equivalent.

If you leave/re-nter every 90 days there is nothing more to pay with the Non O visa.

Right - I used to have a married visa, but lost it when I failed to get a re-entry permit - I found it pretty annoying anyway - having to report to immigration, having to get a re-entry permit, having to wait 5 months to receive the visa in the first place with visits to immigration every month... too much hassle. I am out of the country 2 times a year anyway, and going for an additional 2 times is good fun, I get to know the neighboring countries. All in all to me it seems like a much better deal than the marriage based extension.

I sure am glad it's possible to get this visa in KL, actually.

Two additional papers that could be worth having is a short note from wife asking for visa to be issued/dated/signed as further proof marriage is still intact and copy of her home register.

Thanks!

Copy of home register is actually one of the "official" requirements, though I don't think they ever asked me for that when I was applying in Austria (my home country).

If you have kids, bring copies of the birth certificates as well to further make your case.

Although... if they have doubts I am going to show them the 3000+ photos on my phone, 95% of which are the kids and wife... :P

Thanks!

Copy of home register is actually one of the "official" requirements, though I don't think they ever asked me for that when I was applying in Austria (my home country).

If you have kids, bring copies of the birth certificates as well to further make your case.

Although... if they have doubts I am going to show them the 3000+ photos on my phone, 95% of which are the kids and wife... :P

Thanks for all the advice guys - seems like it could be a better and perhaps even cheaper option than going through all the nonsense and loopholes at the immigration office.

Is the visa granted on the same day in KL? I am looking at some interesting flight options to arrive Thursday afternoon, visit the embassy on Friday and fly back on the Saturday. Is that 'doable' or should I fly a day earlier and allow 2 days to get the visa?

Malaysian Airlines can be had for 4,605 baht return, Qatar Airways for $152.90 (about the same) - both of which seem to undercut Air Asia. I am planning to go at the end of November.

Remember that if you want a multiple non-O in KL, you will need to show 100,000 baht in your bankaccount. Otherwise it will be Australia for a multiple.

Hi

This seems to be just what I am looking for - could I ask for a little more info?

I have not had to do visa runs for nearly 20 years. However, circumstances changed. Last year I got a one year visa based on my marriage to my Thai wife but had to show bank statements for 400K in the bank for three months. This year I am unable to this as funds have dipped slightly below the requirement. I have just been given an extension for two months until December 3rd and was told by immigration that I would then need to leave the country and get a visa elsewhere.

From this thread I understand that I can fly to KL and get a multiple non-o based on my marriage with 100K in the bank.

Can anyone tell me what other documentation is required in addition to marriage papers, bank book/statement and wifes ID card. I want to do this visa run but I dont want to end up in KL without sufficient documentation. Also, it was mentioned that it is multiple entry for 1 year duration - I take it that means that I have to leave every three months (which is fine as I have other trips planned anyway) in the same way as I would with a multiple reentry permit.

Also - Does anyone know the cost of this visa? And is there any additional cost every three months? (like a reentry permit).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Is the highlighted statement above correct? The reason for asking is that I planned to apply for 1 year extension based on marriage (I'm currently on a retirement extension) in January, but my money won't be seasoned in time, so I was planning to extend for 60 days to allow the money to be seasoned, then extend for 1 year during the last 30 days of my permission to stay of the 60 day extension. Can I do this?

Is the highlighted statement above correct? The reason for asking is that I planned to apply for 1 year extension based on marriage (I'm currently on a retirement extension) in January, but my money won't be seasoned in time, so I was planning to extend for 60 days to allow the money to be seasoned, then extend for 1 year during the last 30 days of my permission to stay of the 60 day extension. Can I do this?

This is what I was told by the immigration officer. However, in my experiences with immigration department they seem to be consistently inconsistent. You are probably best advised to ask at the immigration office if what you intend to do is possible.

Hi

You can get a one off extension based on visiting your spouse under clause 2 of the order of the Royal Thai Police Headquarters no. 777/2551 dated on 25 November B.E.2551

Case

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

Basis for Consideration

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

After this, if your 400,000 THB has then been in the bank for 3 months then an extension can be applied for under Case 2.18

If you go to the Thai Ambassy in KL don't forget that you only can apply for a new visa until 11.00 hours AM, then the next (working)day after 15.00 hours you can pickup your visa. I think this information is important for the planning of your flights. I made this mistake earlier :rolleyes:

KL or KL or KL. Sorry.

Is it possible to obtain a Double entry NON I O based on marriage to a Thai in the region?.

My multi entry visa runs out next month and do not want to return to UK for another 12 monthvisa.I do not have the 400k surety but wil have middle of next year.

Many thanks for any advice here.

The 400k would be for immigration extension of stay - with 100k KL will issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of 90 day entries. That should like it would fit if you have the 100k. Take bank book, marriage certificate, copy of wife id and home register and normal visa application at KL to obtain.

Are we asking about a 1 year multi entry based on marriage here?:blink:

It would appear so.

Most Consulates would issue a single entry but KL will issue a Multi.

Will kl issue the same visa for visitng a family member ( daughter)?

not married to ex thai wife

The 400k would be for immigration extension of stay - with 100k KL will issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of 90 day entries. That should like it would fit if you have the 100k. Take bank book, marriage certificate, copy of wife id and home register and normal visa application at KL to obtain.

Thank you for this info. I am visiting Vietnam soon and wonder whether the Thai Embassy in Saigon/HCM city would issue a multi Non I 'O'?

Thanks again.