Jomtien Is A Very Convenient Place To Live

billaaa777

A few days ago I walked from my condo along beach road to two of my banks, the post office, and got my 90 visa stamp at immigration and was back at my condo in 45 minutes. How can you ever beat that?

That night I had a cold and at 10PM I walked across the street to the pharmacy and got come cold medicine and was back in my condo in 5 minutes.

My building has 2 convenience stores, 3 pretty good restaurants, an unlimited number of laundries, 2 massage parlors, internet shop, and 2 hair salons.

I can walk to Food Mart, the hardware store and an unlimited number of good restaurants.

Damm, I wish Friendship or Foodland would open a branch here, then I would have everything I need. For that matter I would even take a Tops.

One post deleted.

If all we are going to do is sit behind our keyboards and flame other TV members in General and Pattaya in Particular then I shall sit behind my keyboard and start handing out holiday tickets. So be warned.

I agree with all the OP has said..........It reminds me of a line from "Trains, Planes and Automobiles" when John Candy chastises Steve Martin in Dooby's Taxiola.

Its a dam_n fine thing to find a man that is proud of his home town.......or something like that.....so well said that man.

There are enough Jomtien / Pattaya knockers on here.... and I am guilty of that at times....

Edited by lonewolf99

Jomtien is nothing for me, would never like to stay there!

And the construction of the Jomtien 2nd road really progresses conveniently! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think that in most parts Jomtien is dusty, lack of green, too many tourists, not a place to stay permanently.

If I would prefer to stay close to the city and beach I would prefer Soi Wongamart for sure.

Never mind.

Cheers

I stayed there with my Thai family for a couple of days over the weekend. Good job that you find it convenient to live in, as it is a sod to get in or out. At one end they have that wreck of a road that laughably looks as bad or worse than it did when I first went to Pattaya/Jomtien 4 years ago. Then at the other end it takes for ever to get out onto Sukhumvit. Somewhere in the backstreets are what look like serial half-botched attempts to break out with a new road, all of which have then been abandoned.

What on earth are the local burghers playing at? I enjoyed the weekend, but couldn't believe the crass ineptitude of the public servants (or more likely the effectiveness of some curious local mafias that somehow manage to block any progress?).

It could be so much better.

Edited by SantiSuk

I agree with the OP.

When I went to get my first visa extension couple months ago I wanted to relocate there; lovely beach to walk on, quieter than Pattaya, only a 30 bht ride away from the movies, but couldn't find as good a deal on accomodation as have in Pattaya, so had to flag it. Shame.