Uk State Pension Problem

Chainsaw

Wow talk about issues. Who is it that's bitter and twisted exactly?

I used to slag of England all the time and still do to a certain degree, but I'm a little more specific these days. I realised it wasn't England I had problems with, just the part that I lived in (and am there right now for a few weeks :( ) Where I'm from is a complete sh!t hole, and gets worse by the day and I'm fairly sure that a huge percent of the country is no different. If I was lucky enough to live in a penthouse apartment in Park Lane, then maybe I wouldn't slag off England so much, but the fact of the matter is, most of us don't. We live in amongst all the dirty immigrants, and run down crap heaps of towns, swarming with junkies and special brew, swigging low life. That's why we slag the place off. If you're happy there, good luck to you, perhaps you live on Park Lane or the equivelent of, in another part of the country, but please take your head out of the sand and stop pretending it's a great country, because for a huge amount of people it just isn't.

The part you live in will be greatly improved the day you depart.

Edited by paulchiangmai

Most replies are off topic and do not address the Op's original question. Typical responses!!!

He is entitled to claim ADI for his wife -whoever she is and wherever she is!

To answer the question.

It can take a very long time. I(through my company( have helped several foreigners obtain ADI. One is still outstanding from last November. There were problems with the wife's date of birth. It is totally wrong to take so long as it is your money. However it will eventually be paid -back to the original claim date and up to 3 months before if the claim was not made at the same time you claimed pension.

If you want more info please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks Nick for your informative response, basically what I needed to know. Good news about the 3 months prior payments as I claimed my pension in June 2009.

Thanks also to all those who were genuinely trying to be helpful.

As for the rest of the flamers.....what a sad bunch, you really are a bitter little group.

You appear not to be updated, the ADI payment has been ended on April 6.2010 for new applicants, and it will end in April 2020 for existing pensioners, a different payment arrangements based on social security is now in place.

The deadline for ADI applications was on the 6th April 2010. As I said in the original post I applied in January 2010.

UPDATE!!

I received a call from the UK pension people 5 minutes ago to inform me that my claim is being dealt with and that I can expect to get a decision within the next 4 weeks!

Watch this space!

Thanks to all for advice and input.

Warning...You need be very careful with your pension arrangements if you declare you have moved to Thailand.

Pension will be frozen.

I'm already claiming my pension. I haven't really had any problems until I claimed for my wife. I've been living in Thailand for 12 years BTW. Thanks for your input.

I heard it was finishing in April 2010,maybe thats why they are hanging on lol.As i u8nderstand it,the ones who are claiming,this extra benefit will stop in April 2020

This is a totally unfair responce to a man that has helped me and no doubt many others free of charge to get entitlements from the UK government. This man gave me lots of free advice which helped me greatly. Incidentally I have been dealing with the UK pensions department for the past nine years and have nothing but praise for the way they have always handled everything. But then again I am not one of those pathetic Britains that never has a good word to say about the UK and takes every opportunity to denounce a wonderful country. In a recent phone converstion with the department they informed me that they recieved over 70,000 letters a day, thats right seventy thousand a day. Try handling that and get back to me.

70,000 letters a day ... you either misunderstood them, or they tried to get you off the phone by using such a silly joke, to receive over 70,000 letters a day means that they are getting about 25,000,000 (25 Million) letters a year, which represents some 45% of the entire British population, and about 80% of the entire British "adult" population, this is utter nonsense, no more needs to be said.

Most replies are off topic and do not address the Op's original question. Typical responses!!!

He is entitled to claim ADI for his wife -whoever she is and wherever she is!

To answer the question.

It can take a very long time. I(through my company( have helped several foreigners obtain ADI. One is still outstanding from last November. There were problems with the wife's date of birth. It is totally wrong to take so long as it is your money. However it will eventually be paid -back to the original claim date and up to 3 months before if the claim was not made at the same time you claimed pension.

If you want more info please feel free to e-mail me.

Thanks Nick for your informative response, basically what I needed to know. Good news about the 3 months prior payments as I claimed my pension in June 2009.

Thanks also to all those who were genuinely trying to be helpful.

As for the rest of the flamers.....what a sad bunch, you really are a bitter little group.

You appear not to be updated, the ADI payment has been ended on April 6.2010 for new applicants, and it will end in April 2020 for existing pensioners, a different payment arrangements based on social security is now in place.

You appear not have read the post properly.

You also seem to have over-stated the number of UK Pensions letters by 50%

(irrelevant though it is - I simply qualify the degree of exaggeration by the pensions employee)

Funny to me those so critical, while claiming money from the same system they criticize.. For Thais too..

Tried a Thai pension lately ?? Or claiming on a Thai wifes pension to support her farang husband :lol:

How right you are livinLOS:

There are so many of these Ex unpatriots on this Forum,that use any old excuse to jump on the Slagging off Bandwagon,and put down their own Country, where they got their money to live on, in Thailand, in the first place.

Sad,Bitter, Losers from the UK,who laughingly think,that the UK Residents and their Society will miss them,or even notice their absence. They remind me of Kids at school,who were losing at the game of Marbles,"boo hoo im not playing anymore"

Wait till they run out of money,or get serious Sick,or need their Pension,then they will be scurrying back home like Sewer Rats. Proclaiming how Patriotic they always were,while living in Thailand,and what a terrible place Thailand is.

These people are professional Whingers/Whiners,who do this to mock the people back in their own Country,its a case of I'm alright Jack,..look how smart I am,living in Paradise,and all of you are jealous,..Arn't I a clever boy!

As you will know,there are many Topics on here concerning" Go home if you dont like Thailand" (or you have something to say that you dont like about it)

So i'm saying to them: Stay, and Rot in Thailand, and enjoy the Thai Welfare State for Farangs!

Stay away,... the UK is better off without your incessant, mean spirited,Treachery to the Country ,please...................

"DONT COME BACK"

Theres a good chap!

Looks like MAJIC has had too many E numbers.

Down boy.

If you are married to a Thai there maybe a delay while they translate your documents. After that a NI number has to be issued for your wife and this may take time. If you have not tried calling them please do so, I always find them quite helpful. It took about 4 months for mine to come trough but as I was married in the Philippines no translation was required as all my original documents were in English. As previous replies have stated your claim will be backdated to the original date of the claim.

If you are married to a Thai there maybe a delay while they translate your documents. After that a NI number has to be issued for your wife and this may take time. If you have not tried calling them please do so, I always find them quite helpful. It took about 4 months for mine to come trough but as I was married in the Philippines no translation was required as all my original documents were in English. As previous replies have stated your claim will be backdated to the original date of the claim.

The translations take time, and obtaining the NI number (which the Pension Dept arrange) takes an eternity.

If the claim for ADI was made after eligibility for state pension, it will be back-dated for up to 3 months from the date the claim was received.

• 3 months later...

I'm delighted to announce that my pension claim for an increase has been settled!

I have a received a nice lump sum which is the back payments for my wife including the 3 previous month payments, as you explained Nick.

The claim has taken about 14 months to be sorted so if anyone else is waiting, do not despair.

Thanks again to the folks who offered positive advice and a large raspberry (bronx cheer) to all the 'Negative Normans'