Uk State Pension Problem

Chainsaw

I submitted a claim for additional UK state pension for my wife back in January this year.

I have replied promptly to all their requirements (proof that I was divorced from my 1st wife. Proof that my present wife wasn't married before).

I'm still waiting for my claim to be granted. I really don't understand why it should be taking so long.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Much of the delay is due to resources preoccupied with the current overhaul of the entire economy..Austerity cuts due to the abhorant New Labour Government of 13 years.

Warning...You need be very careful with your pension arrangements if you declare you have moved to Thailand.

Pension will be frozen.

You will lose Free GP and NHS services

and Benefits.

Wise to retain a UK address Bank account...pay some tax..and remain in the system.

Yes there are many fleeing the UK..as there is a lot wrong with the UK...But there is a lot very good about it.

Take into account also...Thailands political situation is turbulant and uncertain...with farrang having little or no security there.

It's the Uk why do you think so many people leave every year, I had many problems with <deleted> before I left thank god I am not there anymore!!!

I think most of us living here would agree with that statement.

I was hoping to hear from anyone who had had a similar pension problem and what the result was though.

Warning...You need be very careful with your pension arrangements if you declare you have moved to Thailand.

Pension will be frozen.

I'm already claiming my pension. I haven't really had any problems until I claimed for my wife. I've been living in Thailand for 12 years BTW. Thanks for your input.

I think most of us living here would agree with that statement.

I was hoping to hear from anyone who had had a similar pension problem and what the result was though.

Where are they sending crrespondence and is your wife entitled to any additional pension? A quick call to their hotline with your details to hand and they will be able to give you an immediate update, far quicker and easier than any info you will get from this website.

Funny to me those so critical, while claiming money from the same system they criticize.. For Thais too..

Tried a Thai pension lately ?? Or claiming on a Thai wifes pension to support her farang husband :lol:

That's a good point, but if it's the same crappy system they've been paying in to for decades, then they are only claiming what's rightfully theirs. People critical of the system while claiming benefits, now that would be more what you're talking about.

Most replies are off topic and do not address the Op's original question. Typical responses!!!

He is entitled to claim ADI for his wife -whoever she is and wherever she is!

To answer the question.

It can take a very long time. I(through my company( have helped several foreigners obtain ADI. One is still outstanding from last November. There were problems with the wife's date of birth. It is totally wrong to take so long as it is your money. However it will eventually be paid -back to the original claim date and up to 3 months before if the claim was not made at the same time you claimed pension.

If you want more info please feel free to e-mail me.

Most replies are off topic and do not address the Op's original question. Typical responses!!!

To answer the question.

It can take a very long time. I(through my company( have helped several foreigners obtain ADI. One is still outstanding from last November. There were problems with the wife's date of birth. It is totally wrong to take so long as it is your money. However it will eventually be paid -back to the original claim date and up to 3 months before if the claim was not made at the same time you claimed pension.

Typical response of someone selling something!! Get over yourself mate.

To answer the question.

Yes - fancy actually very specifically answering the OPs question. Shocking behaviour!

To answer the question.

Not selling anything. He's done all the work! Just trying to be helpful which is more than most posters have done!

Yes - fancy actually very specifically answering the OPs question. Shocking behaviour!

I think you'll find post 4 & 7 were both very helpfull, and as an added bonus, they didn't critisize anybody elses posts, or try to sell anything while they were there. I know whose posts I would prefer if I was the OP.

I think you'll find post 4 & 7 were both very helpfull, and as an added bonus, they didn't critisize anybody elses posts, or try to sell anything while they were there. I know whose posts I would prefer if I was the OP.

Frankly, I doubt whether you could tell the difference between a 'good' post and fantasy if they bit you on the arse.

Post 4 was technically incorrect as evidence by a Falang who has just returned from a UK visit where he received medical treatment.

(frozen pension is correct and agree about the bavnk account and address)

I think you'll find post 4 & 7 were both very helpful, and as an added bonus, they didn't criticize anybody else's posts, or try to sell anything while they were there. I know whose posts I would prefer if I was the OP.

Frankly, I doubt whether you could tell the difference between a 'good' post and fantasy if they bit you on the arse.

Post 4 was technically incorrect as evidence by a Falang who has just returned from a UK visit where he received medical treatment.

The post order has changed?? That's a new one on me. The posts I was referring to were 3 & 6 but they were 4 & 7 when I posted??

Anyway they were trying to be helpful and thought it was unnecessary for someone to slate them. Especially someone who was potentially flogging his services.

(frozen pension is correct and agree about bank account and address)

If the post order hadn't changed then that was the same post I referred to as being helpfull. So you are agreeing with me! No need for any arse biting today.

Edited by BangTaoBoy

I think you'll find post 4 & 7 were both very helpful, and as an added bonus, they didn't criticize anybody else's posts, or try to sell anything while they were there. I know whose posts I would prefer if I was the OP.

The post order has changed?? That's a new one on me. The posts I was referring to were 3 & 6 but they were 4 & 7 when I posted??

Anyway they were trying to be helpful and thought it was unnecessary for someone to slate them. Especially someone who was potentially flogging his services.

(frozen pension is correct and agree about bank account and address)

If the post order hadn't changed then that was the same post I referred to as being helpfull. So you are agreeing with me! No need for any arse biting today.

You have now failed on two occasions to notice that there was an offer of assistance NOT an attempt to sell anything. Suggest that you focus on the response at post 12 rather than make unsubstantiated allegations of spamming.

Edited by cardholder

You have now failed on two occasions to notice that there was an offer of assistance NOT an attempt to sell anything. Suggest that you focus on the response at post 12 rather make unsubstantiated allegations.

The poster mentioned his company and then said e-mail me for more info, and you don't believe there is the slightest chance he was trying to drum up some future business? Perhaps he wasn't but believe me it's a possibility.

Anyway my comment was in reference to him accusing other posters of being off topic and typically so. When in fact some of the posts had been genuine and helpful. You even agreed as much.

Anyway if we don't end this pointless intrusion in to the thread, the powers that be, will, so we'll leave it there.

You have now failed on two occasions to notice that there was an offer of assistance NOT an attempt to sell anything. Suggest that you focus on the response at post 12 rather make unsubstantiated allegations.

The poster mentioned his company and then said e-mail me for more info, and you don't believe there is the slightest chance he was trying to drum up some future business? Perhaps he wasn't but believe me it's a possibility.

Anyway my comment was in reference to him accusing other posters of being off topic and typically so. When in fact some of the posts had been genuine and helpful. You even agreed as much.

Anyway if we don't end this pointless intrusion in to the thread, the powers that be, will, so we'll leave it there.

We will draw this intrusion to a conclusion - only pointless because of the accusation. The poster said he helped someone, through his company. His offer was genuine and he stated that there is no business to be had - quite clear.

I agree that the important thing is that the OP obtains the advice he seeks. This invariably comes from people with experience of such matters. A spamming accusation is a very serious matter on this forum (as indeed is spamming, and this must also be watched) and could deter one member from approaching another for welcome advice.

The matter rests.

We will draw this intrusion to a conclusion - only pointless because of the accusation. The poster said he helped someone, through his company. His offer was genuine and he stated that there is no business to be had - quite clear.

I agree that the important thing is that the OP obtains the advice he seeks. This invariably comes from people with experience of such matters. A spamming accusation is a very serious matter on this forum (as indeed is spamming, and this must also be watched) and could deter one member from approaching another for welcome advice.

The matter rests.

In his first post he didn't make it clear at all weather a fee for his services would later be asked for. Only in a later post did he claim that that was the case.

I think you'll find that spamming accusations aren't a very serious matter on this forum. I think you'll find that along with all sorts of other nonsense such as ours, it makes up about half of all posts on here.

Anyway like we said lets put it to rest...................now.

The matter rests.

In his first post he didn't make it clear at all weather a fee for his services would later be asked for. Only in a later post did he claim that that was the case.

I think you'll find that spamming accusations aren't a very serious matter on this forum. I think you'll find that along with all sorts of other nonsense such as ours, it makes up about half of all posts on here.

Anyway like we said lets put it to rest...................now.

I'm gone. :wai:

Funny to me those so critical, while claiming money from the same system they criticize.. For Thais too..

Tried a Thai pension lately ?? Or claiming on a Thai wifes pension to support her farang husband :lol:

How right you are livinLOS:

There are so many of these Ex unpatriots on this Forum,that use any old excuse to jump on the Slagging off Bandwagon,and put down their own Country, where they got their money to live on, in Thailand, in the first place.

Sad,Bitter, Losers from the UK,who laughingly think,that the UK Residents and their Society will miss them,or even notice their absence. They remind me of Kids at school,who were losing at the game of Marbles,"boo hoo im not playing anymore"

Wait till they run out of money,or get serious Sick,or need their Pension,then they will be scurrying back home like Sewer Rats. Proclaiming how Patriotic they always were,while living in Thailand,and what a terrible place Thailand is.

These people are professional Whingers/Whiners,who do this to mock the people back in their own Country,its a case of I'm alright Jack,..look how smart I am,living in Paradise,and all of you are jealous,..Arn't I a clever boy!

As you will know,there are many Topics on here concerning" Go home if you dont like Thailand" (or you have something to say that you dont like about it)

So i'm saying to them: Stay, and Rot in Thailand, and enjoy the Thai Welfare State for Farangs!

Stay away,... the UK is better off without your incessant, mean spirited,Treachery to the Country ,please...................

"DONT COME BACK"

Theres a good chap!

There are so many of these Ex unpatriots on this Forum,that use any old excuse to jump on the Slagging off Bandwagon,and put down their own Country, where they got their money to live on, in Thailand, in the first place.

Sad,Bitter, Losers from the UK,who laughingly think,that the UK Residents and their Society will miss them,or even notice their absence. They remind me of Kids at school,who were losing at the game of Marbles,"boo hoo im not playing anymore"

Wait till they run out of money,or get serious Sick,or need their Pension,then they will be scurrying back home like Sewer Rats. Proclaiming how Patriotic they always were,while living in Thailand,and what a terrible place Thailand is.

These people are professional Whingers/Whiners,who do this to mock the people back in their own Country,its a case of I'm alright Jack,..look how smart I am,living in Paradise,and all of you are jealous,..Arn't I a clever boy!

As you will know,there are many Topics on here concerning" Go home if you dont like Thailand" (or you have something to say that you dont like about it)

So i'm saying to them: Stay, and Rot in Thailand, and enjoy the Thai Welfare State for Farangs!

Stay away,... the UK is better off without your incessant, mean spirited,Treachery to the Country ,please...................

"DONT COME BACK"

Theres a good chap!

Wow talk about issues. Who is it that's bitter and twisted exactly?

I used to slag of England all the time and still do to a certain degree, but I'm a little more specific these days. I realised it wasn't England I had problems with, just the part that I lived in (and am there right now for a few weeks :( ) Where I'm from is a complete sh!t hole, and gets worse by the day and I'm fairly sure that a huge percent of the country is no different. If I was lucky enough to live in a penthouse apartment in Park Lane, then maybe I wouldn't slag off England so much, but the fact of the matter is, most of us don't. We live in amongst all the dirty immigrants, and run down crap heaps of towns, swarming with junkies and special brew, swigging low life. That's why we slag the place off. If you're happy there, good luck to you, perhaps you live on Park Lane or the equivelent of, in another part of the country, but please take your head out of the sand and stop pretending it's a great country, because for a huge amount of people it just isn't.

Much of the delay is due to resources preoccupied with the current overhaul of the entire economy..Austerity cuts due to the abhorant New Labour Government of 13 years.

Pension will be frozen.

You will lose Free GP and NHS services

and Benefits.

Wise to retain a UK address Bank account...pay some tax..and remain in the system.

Yes there are many fleeing the UK..as there is a lot wrong with the UK...But there is a lot very good about it.

Take into account also...Thailands political situation is turbulant and uncertain...with farrang having little or no security there.

I have kept my UK bank account, and my UK pension is paid into it, and all my UK income is of course taxed.

But since I live in Thailand my pension is frozen just the same, thus keeping one's bank A/c in the UK, and paying one's taxes in the UK has no effect on one's pension arrangements.

Moreover, one is obliged to inform the pension office of any change of address, and that of course includes leaving the country, not doing this is a fraudulent act, and punishment is certain.

As to the additional pension payment for one's wife ... the law appears to have changed, that is to say those additional wife pension payments (60 % of one's basic pension) have ended for applications made after April 6. 2010.

In addition, all existing wife pension payments will also come to an end after April 6. 2020. those payments will then be replaced by direct state welfare payments to wife's and single older females, who have no personal pension contribution and thus depend on social security, provided of course that they are resident in the UK.

Whether current applicants (after Apr.6.2010) and the existing pension receivers (after Apr.6 2020) will get pension payments for their foreign wife's not resident in the UK is doubtful, and this is perhaps the reason why the OP gets no positive reply at present.

To answer the question.

Thanks Nick for your informative response, basically what I needed to know. Good news about the 3 months prior payments as I claimed my pension in June 2009.

Thanks also to all those who were genuinely trying to be helpful.

As for the rest of the flamers.....what a sad bunch, you really are a bitter little group.

To answer the question.

Thanks Nick for your informative response, basically what I needed to know. Good news about the 3 months prior payments as I claimed my pension in June 2009.

Thanks also to all those who were genuinely trying to be helpful.

As for the rest of the flamers.....what a sad bunch, you really are a bitter little group.

You appear not to be updated, the ADI payment has been ended on April 6.2010 for new applicants, and it will end in April 2020 for existing pensioners, a different payment arrangements based on social security is now in place.

To answer the question.

This is a totally unfair responce to a man that has helped me and no doubt many others free of charge to get entitlements from the UK government. This man gave me lots of free advice which helped me greatly. Incidentally I have been dealing with the UK pensions department for the past nine years and have nothing but praise for the way they have always handled everything. But then again I am not one of those pathetic Britains that never has a good word to say about the UK and takes every opportunity to denounce a wonderful country. In a recent phone converstion with the department they informed me that they recieved over 70,000 letters a day, thats right seventy thousand a day. Try handling that and get back to me.

Edited by paulchiangmai

Where's the green tick when I want it?

"DONT COME BACK"

Theres a good chap!