Suggestions For Makeover

canuck1941

Sooner or later the website will have a makeover to make it easier for users. When that happens, one thing I would like to see is the private message function put in the task bar, rather than clicking through to the member's profile.

There used to be a way to agree or disagree with a poster. Sometimes I disagree but not enough to bother replying. Then one day I got a notice that I had used up my quota of disagree votes. And recently, that feature has been removed entirely. Can it come back?

Maybe some other members can contribute features they'd like to see.

I'm sorry but if you can't be bothered to reply then why should you then have a say on the post ? If you disagree with a post then post saying so. If not read it a leave! Having a button bone idle people can just push seems wrong ? :angry:

:thumbsup: Yep if you disagree with someone's views explain why.

EDIT: Also the PM function is already available under the avatar on every post.

Edited by smokie36

There is another feature I have grown fond of on the Globe and Mail's website. A comment is posted and replies to it are directly under the original post. With all due respect to the moderators who are responsible for this board, it does seem less cumbersome than what we have here.

And, may I ask, what is wrong with having agree/disagree buttons? Its just another opportunity, should we wish to use it,, to express ourselves. That function used to be on the forum and suddenly disappeared.

There is another feature I have grown fond of on the Globe and Mail's website. A comment is posted and replies to it are directly under the original post. With all due respect to the moderators who are responsible for this board, it does seem less cumbersome than what we have here.

And, may I ask, what is wrong with having agree/disagree buttons? Its just another opportunity, should we wish to use it,, to express ourselves. That function used to be on the forum and suddenly disappeared.

To me, you appear to be one of the laziest people on earth!

I don't apologize for suggesting a way TV can be improved. It's my opinion, and I'm a nobody. The mods have all the power and can do whatever they want with the site. It's their right and responsibility. But I do regret exposing myself to people who are too lazy to offer a counter-suggestion but find it easiest to just insult someone and feel that they made a contribution. I've learned my lesson.

Edited by canuck1941