Buying Golf Clubs In Thailand

In general are golf clubs and accessories cheaper to buy in Thaland (BKK) than in the UK?

John

John, golf clubs are reasonably priced, but i would not say bargain priced.

Sory im not farmilliar with U.K.prices. Thailand does not really have the huge superstores like you have in the U.S or Australia where i think you would get a better deal.

Top of the range originals can be around 90,000 baht.

Copy/Immitation 15000-20000 baht.

In general are golf clubs and accessories cheaper to buy in Thaland (BKK) than in the UK?

John

John, golf clubs are reasonably priced, but i would not say bargain priced.

Sory im not farmilliar with U.K.prices. Thailand does not really have the huge superstores like you have in the U.S or Australia where i think you would get a better deal.

Top of the range originals can be around 90,000 baht.

Copy/Immitation 15000-20000 baht.

For quality clubs you will pay less in Thailand than the uk for sure, however you can get pretty cheap clubs, although not very good in the uk, most clubs I seen over in Thailand were not for the novice so had a heavy price tag on them, but I suppose not by western standards, still value for money no doubt

John

I must admit..I thought in general that quality clubs were dearer..there are large discounts available in the UK..internet buys etc. The internet buying thing does not seem to have caught on in Thailand yet by what I have seen. Callaway heaven woods are much dearer there.

I've been asked to take a driver for a friend next time I go.

Things like head covers are much cheaper..about 300baht for a set of iron covers. So are golf shirts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thailand is expensive for the real thing, around 30% more expensive.

Knock offs are cheap and many times sold as the real thing if they think they can get away with it. E-bay internet is the best deals for used clubs and decent discounts on new.

Thailand has high import tax and it seems many hawkers were selling knock-offs from China. If you bring the real thing with you many times you can sell them for what you paid for them before you leave country.