Proton Savvy

kenny999

ok..I do not reside in Thailand but I want to purchasing a new vehicle in Thailand..

That means i don't have either two..

I hope you can clarify it.

Thanks

Easy clarification: you can not.

why?

izzit thailand government does not allow any foreigner purchasing a new vehicle in Thailand?

Nothing to do with being a foreigner yes or no, but with living in the country.

ok..I do not reside in Thailand but I want to purchasing a new vehicle in Thailand..

That means i don't have either two..

I hope you can clarify it.

Thanks

Easy clarification: you can not.

why?

izzit thailand government does not allow any foreigner purchasing a new vehicle in Thailand?

Nothing to do with being a foreigner yes or no, but with living in the country.

oh...

like that..

that mean all foreigner want purchasing a new vehicle MUST live or reside in Thailand.

Otherwise, foreigner does not allow to purchasing it.

Thanks for your information.

Foreigners can easily buy a vehicle in Thailand. You need a non-immigrant type visa, and proof of residency in Thailand. Usually a copy of your rental contract and copy of the house paper/letter from landlord, and a trip to Immigration office will result in issue of residency paper.

non imm visa not needed, any kind of permit to stay including visa excempt stamp on entry accepted, as short as 14 days. permit to stay must be valid on day of registration vehicle

Foreigners can easily buy a vehicle in Thailand. You need a non-immigrant type visa, and proof of residency in Thailand. Usually a copy of your rental contract and copy of the house paper/letter from landlord, and a trip to Immigration office will result in issue of residency paper.

non imm visa not needed, any kind of permit to stay including visa excempt stamp on entry accepted, as short as 14 days. permit to stay must be valid on day of registration vehicle

Mmmm.. I have heard of folks qualifying with a tourist visa, but I believe the strict rule is a non-imm visa. But the more important criteria to acquire the residency paper from Immigration is a rental address in Thailand, with the supporting paperwork.

That means I visit Thailand as a social visit, then at the same time I purchasing a new vehicle for a daily usage.

Izzit allowed by government of Thailand for it?

That means I visit Thailand as a social visit, then at the same time I purchasing a new vehicle for a daily usage.

yes

ok..

do i need address in Thailand for registration a new vehicle?

yes

ok..

Yes. As previous stated you need to obtain a residency paper from Immigration, and to obtain that paper you need to supply the paperwork to prove your 'address' in Thailand and that address is written into your vehicle registration book. You could be renting a place or even renting a hotel room, but you would need the cooperation of your landlord to supply the paperwork required by immigration.

yes

ok..

Yes. As previous stated you need to obtain a residency paper from Immigration, and to obtain that paper you need to supply the paperwork to prove your 'address' in Thailand and that address is written into your vehicle registration book. You could be renting a place or even renting a hotel room, but you would need the cooperation of your landlord to supply the paperwork required by immigration.

can you clarify what paperwork should i submit when register a new vehicle?

yes

ok..

if you dont have an adress, some dealers will let you use their adress to get certificate of residence from Immigration

all embassys also issue adress confirmation accepted by DLT, and most of the embassys dont require any document as proof of the adress you say you are at