Phuket Town

chrisl567

Hi am coming over from Jomtien for a long weekend with my wife and we are stopping at the new Westin due to a good opening offer.

I am looking for any recommendations where we can get Breakfast relativley nearby and also any good places for dinner with a mix of Western and Thai. We will have a car so as to avoid the Tuk Tuk mafia.

Woody's looks good for breakfast but not sure how far away it is

Also is the weekend market worth a visit ? is it a scaled down version of the Bangkok one

any recommendations welcome

Cheers

Chris

Are you talking about the Westin at Siray Bay ?? WOW you are a long way from the usual touristy areas. Lucky you have a car and not at the mercy of the Tuk Tuks. I can't think of anywhere nearby for a handy breakfast, other than your hotel.

Agree

and I cannot fathom why, after saving over 3000 bht on the room rate you feel you can't take breakfast in the hotel.?, and sit and look at the super view.

maybe you could pop down the road to the monkey sanctuary, buy some bananas from the many stalls nearby and join the apes in a banana breakfast!

It's entertaining . :rolleyes:

You are not to far from Phuket Town where you will find lots of places that the locals eat if you want a Thai breakfast.

You also may bet better answers to to post in a travel forum such as Trip Advisor

Alternatively I would like to recommend Phuket Heritage Trails. 2 real Phuket Town natives have started doing walking tours. One includes stopping at 3 different places to sample the very and real local breakfast. starts at 7 or 8 am.

http://www.facebook.com/Phuketheritage

Also on Phang Nga Road and there are many little places that serve western food as there is a few hostels / guest houses around there.

Here is a great map of Phuket Town. Hopefully that hotel will have copies.

http://www.artandcultureasia.com/upload/map/PTM_map_3_panels.jpg

Lots of good restaurants too........

I would try Siam Indigo

Ka Jok See if you want a fun night with dinner and something like no where else.

Lemon Grass

The Blue Elephant (a bit pricey)

I am sure others can recommend restaurants in Phuket Town

Good for getting your own car and enjoy Phuket

Salvatore's in Phuket Town...some of the best Italian food in Thailand :)

After you've paid 1000bht for your car hire

and paid another 200 bht/head for the breakfast; it would have been cheaper to stay in The Westin!

Edited by Wellington

After you've paid 1000bht for your car hire

and paid another 200 bht/head for the breakfast; it would have been cheaper to stay in The Westin!

Maybe but we need to get to and from airport anyway so there is the best part of 2k and if we can get breakfast at the westin for 200 THB per head i will be amazed :rolleyes: still i prefer to get out and about rather than stuffing one's self at the buffet which you normally end up doing. Also if the weather turn bad we have options.

still there is nothing wrong with stopping in the hotel but if i wanted that i could stop at my place in Jomtien at no cost.

Thanks to everyone for there suggestions :)