Can I Send An Agent To Immigration On My Behalf?

The other week or so I got caught in the rain going to Pattaya Immigration to do the routine 90 day reporting.Just out of my curiosity, could I send an agent to immigration to do the report etc on my behalf?

What if I wanted an agent to do the one year retirement renewal on my behalf? Presumably that is not possible as surely I need to attend as there is an "interview" and my photo is taken?

So what is the position?

Thank you in advance.

I concur, 90 day reporting can be done in person, by mail, or by 'proxy' (letting someone else take in the completed paperwork and your passport for you).

Having turned in a pile 'o passports last week, several of which were late by more than the 7 day grace period they offer on 90 day reporting; it is my experience, that even if it's late, Immigrations, at least at Changwattana, doesn't do anything but collect the 2000baht minimum fine. I just tuck the money inside whoever's passport I've got to turn in which is over 7 days late, and never had a problem reporting for them. I couldn't comment about Immigrations in Jomtien/Pattaya, but imagine it’s probably the same as they run close to the rules like Changwattana does.

I also agree you gotta go in person to get your yearly extension of stay, and it even states that on the bottom of form you fill out.

FWIW: Last week I couldn't even purchase a re-entry permit for an acquaintance. I neglected to see that the form also says "application must be made in person", and even as many times as I’ve gone to Changwattana, they wouldn't budge on it. :(

90 day reports, if on time, can be submitted by others (or mailed at most places) but extensions of stay would require your presence (hard to take photo/finger prints without you there).

Having just done one, I was told its routine to have lawyers handle it and even tho the form says so they dont need you there ??

Am assuming, that LLOS was referring to the first part, rather than the whole sentence.

I'd go as far as to say that everything except 90 day reporting requires the Alien to appear [beam in :) ] at immigration in person even if they have a lawyer doing all the hand waving for them.

Regards

Am not sure who told you that but suspect they were very much mistaken. An extension of stay is done in person with or without a lawyer helping.

I understand that you can have an agent and this comes under 'for visas special cases'

Someone that cannot go themselves, but this is rare and is case by case, mostly health reasons

Was there earlier this week to do the 90 day report and a person in the queue in front of me asked if he could post the 90 day report in to which the officer said if he lived in BKK, he should come in rather than post it in.

As to having an agent do it, the time before last that I went there, an officer told me I should not waste my time and should get an office boy or a motorcycle taxi to do it for me. :D