Registering Marriage In Thailand

Ok here is what we have done thus far , First off we were married in the US 6 years ago . We have moved to Chiang Mai I am here on an non immigrant o visa with its first 90 day stamp which expires in December . We have been to the US embassy and I have the sworn affidavit and we have another affidavit my wife did stating she and I are married ,and wishes to change her last name to mine for ther purpose of house hold registry and pass port and Id card so she has an affidavit that states such .

Both affidavits will be translated to Thai and sent to the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Bangkok .

My question is being she is from Pathum Thani all are telling us she needs to register our marriage in her home province not here in Chiang Mai . Can anyone enlighten me . What does she need to get from them , that I can turn in with my application for 1 year marrage extention ??? Then to add to it all Pathum Thani office has told us a diffierent way each time we have called them ... Confused is not the word ...... But now I keep smiling and say Welcome to Thailand ....

Can someone give me some advise ????

procedure is indeed, stamp from embassy, translation by agency and certification by Thai Foreign Office.

Then you register the marriage at the amphur. You can get married at any amphur, so I suppose the same goes for registering a foreign marriage.

For a one year extension of stay from immigration you will need a copy of the entry into the Thai wedding register, this form is called khor rhor 2. It should cost around 20 to 50 baht.

We went there and they said it would have to be done in her home province . Doesnt seem the best way to do something but then again its there way . Problem is her home province is telling us a different way each time we call .. I think she is just going to go with every document we can dig up and give it a shot .... We went to immigation here in CM too some help but not much ... Going back tomorrow to check on a Thai affifidavit from me saying it is my wishes that she takes my last name ... We found the Thai form to do this .. We just hoping Thai immigration will sign and stamp it ....