Health Insurance For Pregnant Wife And A New Born

kuffki

Hey all, I am posting this question for a friend of mine who is about to have a baby

The background is

His Thai wife is pregnant and he is unable to get health insurance for the wife, ie they will insure her, but will not cover the birth or the baby until baby is 15 days old.

To me it makes no sense at all, but as he claims he has contacted every single insurance company in Thailand and they all say the same.

So is this the case????, because i find it hard to believe that one can not get health insurance to cover pregnancy and the baby.

Relevant advice would be much appreciated

The answer is no they will not cover until the delivery and the baby is 15 days old. She could of gotten coverage before her pregnancy but not after. Insurers do not cover pre existing conditions.

Apparently they would not cover even prior. They do cover her but not the birth.

The answer is no they will not cover until the delivery and the baby is 15 days old. She could of gotten coverage before her pregnancy but not after. Insurers do not cover pre existing conditions.

Apparently they would not cover even prior. They do cover her but not the birth.

That's what I'm saying the pregnancy is a prior condition. No insurance company will cover this. After the birth she and the child will be covered, her for the next pregnancy.

That's what I'm saying the pregnancy is a prior condition. No insurance company will cover this. After the birth she and the child will be covered, her for the next pregnancy.

Yeah i got you, but he could not get a cover for birth prior her being pregnant. As in insurance company's do not cover birth.even though i find it hard to believe but it is Thailand, so everything is possible

My wife has maternity cover for herself and baby included within her medical insurance package. Cover for her and baby during pregnancy is limited to Baht 200K for normal birth. Cover due to any complications during pregnancy and birth is unlimited. Maternity cover becomes valid 9 months from effective date of policy.

My wife has maternity cover for herself and baby included within her medical insurance package. Cover for her and baby during pregnancy is limited to Baht 200K for normal birth. Cover due to any complications during pregnancy and birth is unlimited. Maternity cover becomes valid 9 months from effective date of policy.

interesting, if you do not mind, can i please get the name of the insurance and package name or details, so i can look into that .

Yeah i got you, but he could not get a cover for birth prior her being pregnant. As in insurance company's do not cover birth.even though i find it hard to believe but it is Thailand, so everything is possible

Not quite sure where your 'friend' got that information from but Maternity coverage is available from many insurance companies. When he is ready to obtain coverage for his wife please ask him to go HERE for a quote.

Thank you