Internet Transfers To My Thai Bank Account

I've read some earlier posts but some things may have changed so I better enquire. I have a BBL Visa Electron card savings account with some money in it. I am now in Australia and our $ is appreciating to a level not seen since the Asian Crisis. It is heading towards 30 baht to the AUD and I think now is a good time to load my account. I spend 6 Months minimum in Thailand every year. Is there any problems with me transferring money from my account in Australia into my Thai Bank account? I plan to send AUD, will the conversion take place immediately at the BBL local exchange rate? When I arrive back there next year will my Thai Baht be waiting there for me as one would expect? Thanks.

I electronic transfer AUD to BKK bank account on a regular basis, no problems. 24 hours & can ring BKK bank dedicated line to check if funds have arrived.

However, both the Oz bank & thai bank are obligated to report sizable (>A$10,000) or 'suspicous' transactions re criminal proceeds, money laundering, terrorists etc.

Regular $5 -7 k (monthly schedule) appears acceptable.

regards pete

I regularly transfer money from the UK to LOS.

Always get better rate if I specify all charges come from my UK account and the money is sent in UK£ for transfer by the Thai bank on arrival.

Guess you should do the same, but I would check the exchange rates on your Thai banks website, and compare it too what your Oz bank will give you, always found the Thai bank to beat UK banks though !

Cheers

Mike