Please Take Better Care Of Your Adopted Children

Chunky1

Has anyone noticed that when you go to the International Grocery in an upscale shopping mall that the children are all well behaved, polite and non-destructive and when you go to Tesco/CF children are running around unsupervised and trashing the place?

Great topic. Hope it lasts. ;)

Most kids r little sh1ts these days, first thing i was told when i went into any shop with my parents was not to touch anything, now they do what they want and when they're older it continues

Well, I tell my kids not to touch things that can break, or are food. But quite a lot of stuff out there is there to be touched.

Kids learn by exploring; don't want to stifle that too much.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I've seen similar behaviour in many countries where there is a mix of educated and non-educated people. I HAVE noticed remarkable differences between children in North America and children in Thailand. I've seen similar differnces between caucasian families and First Nations familes in my home town on Vancouver Island in Canada. It's like a whole different thought process. I'm not saying one is good and the other is bad, it's just that they are different. In Thailand, older children children tend to look after they younger ones while the parents are otherwise occupied. That also happens with First Nations familes in North America. The parents of educated North American families tend to have more control of the children.

By and large, the Thai youth that I see in Thai shopping malls are better behaved than the teenagers I see in North American shopping malls. The Thais are not so cocky and smart assed. They are also more respectful of older people.

Of course the children of the well to do are better behaved in supermarkets. They are also more likely to cause their companies to go bankrupt doing unauthorized derivatives trading (or any of a number of 'creative' ideas untempered by a relatively easy life) as well, so it's all relative. Myself I'd rather have my cart bumped into at Foodland than have to change banks or insurers.

:)

Not really.

Most kids r little sh1ts these days, first thing i was told when i went into any shop with my parents was not to touch anything, now they do what they want and when they're older it continues

Not all children, it's all down to the parents and their up bringing which is then passed down to their children. (IMO)

Not really.

Not all children, it's all down to the parents and their up bringing which is then passed down to their children. (IMO)

(bold added to show relationship)

So you blame the grandparents?

SC

I don't understand what this has to do with "Adopted Children"?

Beat me to it.

Ignorant families are ignorant whether they are adopted or not and kids running amok happens all over the world. Most likely too many e-numbers or sugar. Probably a visit to Swensens to blame before browsing the aisles.

I don't understand what this has to do with "Adopted Children"?

Beat me to it.

Ignorant families are ignorant whether they are adopted or not and kids running amok happens all over the world. Most likely too many e-numbers or sugar. Probably a visit to Swensens to blame before browsing the aisles.

No, I reckon the OP is always grumpy and lacking in tolerance. Its nothing to do with his diet.

We could all speculate on the underlying causes, but I feel that would be rude...

SC

Last time I was at Tesco, its been a while. A couple little urchins had slipped the supervisor/mom/whatever and were plunked down in the aisle with a pack of biscuits. They apparently had not found the drinks section as yet as they were wolfing them down dry. They were quite quiet and certainly could not be classified as wild and rowdy. Must have come from a good family.

Last time I was at Tesco, its been a while. A couple little urchins had slipped the supervisor/mom/whatever and were plunked down in the aisle with a pack of biscuits. They apparently had not found the drinks section as yet as they were wolfing them down dry. They were quite quiet and certainly could not be classified as wild and rowdy. Must have come from a good family.

How about all the kids driving bicycles through the carefour / big C. But never buying them and the parents think its all ok.

don't care at all, because it's the way it is here. Just avoid everything which can be touched and eaten on the spot, e.g. at a salad bar, 'cause some of the youngsters try that and put it back.

On the other hand, I don't like shopping at all!

How about all the kids driving bicycles through the carefour / big C. But never buying them and the parents think its all ok.

Ummm.. I've let my kid do that too once or twice. ;)

True to your name.. but then again this is the way it is here so i better accept it.

True to your name.. but then again this is the way it is here so i better accept it.

You've got to give kids a bit of leeway sometimes, although having said that when I go shopping with my wife we now separate. She takes one boy and I take the other because together they can be a <deleted> nightmare. I don't really want to have a scene in the supermarket where we have to discipline them harshly so it;s easier that way.

It's really how the parents raise the kids. I actually admire some of the "poorer" kids that are out helping their parents sell things and make a living. They seem to be too mature for their age. I'm not talking about the parents that try to exploit their kids for money. I'm talking about kids that can actually sell stuff and can take care of the shop/whatnot. Many richer and spoiled kids would pale in comparison to these poorer kids. Yes, there are some brats in every store you go to. They are that way because their parents allow them to be so.