Vientiane Consulate For Non-B And Non-O

Looking at Maestro's updates on the regional Consulates, it doesn't seem to be current for all visa scenarios, so...

How is Vientiane for a Non-O through marriage. Extra paperwork? Bank book with money in it? KL seems to have the best rep at the moment but Laos is nearer next month!

And

How is Vientiane for a Non-B for business but NOT with a WP. Single-entry only or 1 year multi possible? Extra paperwork?

Thanks,

NL

I know of several acquaintances who received a 90 day Single Entry Type-B visa in Vientiane without incident. One applicant only had a letter of invitation for employment from a thai company, yet was without the work permit applied for receipt you get from the Labor Office here. Still they gave him a single entry type-B.

I also know several who received 90 day Single Entry Type-O visas for a variety of reasons, marriage to a thai national being a reason in some cases, from Vientiane as well.

While I could be wrong (but don't think so..) I honestly believe youre highly unlikely to garner either a One Year Multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type-B based on employment or a One Year Multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type-O based on marriage to a thai national from the thai consulate in Vientiane. Most likely, with proper documentation in your possession for either, youd get a Single entry without incident.

I think the sure bet for the year long multi-entry based on marriage is currently KL. All reports on here regarding multi-entry non-Os based on marriage reflect that they (the thai embassy/consulate in KL) have the proverbial bar set quite low as far as the letter of the law requirements (100K baht in a thai account versus the officially' stated amount of 400K). Some other places dont have such a broad interpretation of the visa regs.

A search of this sub-forum using "KL, Malaysia, and marriage visa" in the search field should yield some good recent results for you as far as documentation required, etc. In fact, I just noticed there's a current thread running now with 19 or so responses.

Good Luck, hopefully more learned and astute posters than I will weigh in on this.

Edited by tod-daniels

Embassy may set there own requirements but there is no official MFA figure other than the normal 20k for any non immigrant visa issue.

Yes lop, thanx for the correction.

I confused the requirements for an extension of stay in country based on marriage to a thai national and the requirements needed for a non-O which is acquired outside the country but also based on marriage to a thai.

I realized afterwards they are not the same animals.

Again, sorry I mis-remembered.

Edited by tod-daniels

Thanks for the info. I will be getting the Non-O in KL next month and the Non-B will be from Hull via courier and my dad's place just like last year. I was fancying a trip down to Perth but sadly that is no longer an option.

Cheers,

NL

Thanks for the info. I will be getting the Non-O in KL next month and the Non-B will be from Hull via courier and my dad's place just like last year. I was fancying a trip down to Perth but sadly that is no longer an option.

Cheers,

NL

If you use courier your passport make sure you do it while outside Thailand.