Low (Car) Self Esteem

Velocette

Some time ago the Beeb did a Documentary about British salesmen and their company cars. It revealed that salesman harbour enormous insecurity and class issues, reflected not only in the make of their company car but also down to what level of trim their car has. One regular looking guy confessed that when he is speeding down the fast lane he won't pull over for someone driving a lesser model, make of that what you will.

These salesmen recognise each other as they normally have a couple of suits and shirts on hangers in the rear compartment, like a flag to others.

They seem to know the trim details, extras and all the little doo dahs that different manufactures and models have signifying where they are in this bizarre hierarchy.

Obviously BMW are superior to Ford, but even within each make and model it is competitive. This philosophy is alive every day on motorways, roads and service stations throughout the UK.

One tragic salesman had his regular Ford replaced with I believe a diesel Metro ( snigger ye not ) his wife and himself were actually inconsolable, he chocking back the tears, and she crying openly. They said there lives had been ruined by the company's decision to buy a budget car, he no longer wanted to take his car home and park it in their drive, as they felt the neighbours would be laughing at them.

I know, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

This prog really lifted a curtain into the British psyche, a disturbing one, where people attache too much significance to the car they drive. So maybe all that subliminal stuff that car advertising and the media push, like I'm sexy, successful and this car tells that world that I'm sophisticated and discerning. So if you haven't got the latest, whatever and top of the range, well then your just inadequate and deserve to feel like a loser. Is advertising feeding into our deepest fears about not quite being good enough that makes people buy into all this ? . . . Are we all in some way, on some level, buying into it as well ?

Apparently I have a small cock, cos I have a Fortuner, If I drove a Honda City, would there be an assumption I'm hung like a Stallion !

When I ride the 1400cc Suzuki Intruder I must have a small cock, when I ride the Honda Click, I must be hung like Mandingo ?

If we analysed these findings, it's probably the people who have small cars and small motorcycles that make these preposterous assumptions.

I love it when a pick up truck that has a 1 or 2 jZ conversion blasts past me, good luck to the guy, he has spent his money on a conversion he wants and most people only dream of, the size of his cock would remain the same if he still had the standard engine.

Jealousy is the main factor in the detractors, they can't get anywhere near the motor, so they make wild assumptions about the driver, lol, pathetic. laugh.gif

Apparently I have a small cock, cos I have a Fortuner, If I drove a Honda City, would there be an assumption I'm hung like a Stallion !

When I ride the 1400cc Suzuki Intruder I must have a small cock, when I ride the Honda Click, I must be hung like Mandingo ?

If we analysed these findings, it's probably the people who have small cars and small motorcycles that make these preposterous assumptions.

I love it when a pick up truck that has a 1 or 2 jZ conversion blasts past me, good luck to the guy, he has spent his money on a conversion he wants and most people only dream of, the size of his cock would remain the same if he still had the standard engine.

Jealousy is the main factor in the detractors, they can't get anywhere near the motor, so they make wild assumptions about the driver, lol, pathetic. laugh.gif

Feel better now?

Is it possible to lower a Fortuna or similar truck to stop them falling over..I had a leaf taken out of my old Big M. fitted Gabriell 3 Setting Shocks and it greatly imroved it ,lowered it by 2 inches,and fitted 7inch wide poser wheels but the same diameter.

Notwithstanding the fact that Fortuners don't fall over (where the heck did this rumor come from?!?!) , the vehicle has a center of gravity just a touch under 100cm, so there's no drop you can make that'll both retain the required amount of suspension travel and significantly lower the COG.

Having been a salesman , albeit not very good. I loved the fact that whatever car i had was free. At first my friends said why do you drive than POS. My reply was that it and all the petrol was free.

Time for a quiz?

In Germany BMW used to stand for Bums Mal Weider (excuse spelling if you are German)

Does anyone know what BMW stands for in UK?

I now of people in UK that had a BMW but no wallpaper on the walls. :D

I know of someone like that..ME..I took the wallpaper off our walls...wifes's request when she came to live there... and then painted nice soft shades...had to admit it looked better.

Having been a salesman , albeit not very good. I loved the fact that whatever car i had was free. At first my friends said why do you drive than POS. My reply was that it and all the petrol was free.

Time for a quiz?

In Germany BMW used to stand for Bums Mal Weider (excuse spelling if you are German)

Bavarian Motor Works

Is it possible to lower a Fortuna or similar truck to stop them falling over..I had a leaf taken out of my old Big M. fitted Gabriell 3 Setting Shocks and it greatly imroved it ,lowered it by 2 inches,and fitted 7inch wide poser wheels but the same diameter.

Notwithstanding the fact that Fortuners don't fall over (where the heck did this rumor come from?!?!) , the vehicle has a center of gravity just a touch under 100cm, so there's no drop you can make that'll both retain the required amount of suspension travel and significantly lower the COG.

There is another funny story to BMW. Some refer to a flat chested lady as a BMW, which means in German "Brett mit Warzen" or roughly translated "Board with warts (or nipples)".

My Missus would never drive or want to own a BMW. Not only because she certainly is not flat, but mostly because she says, BMWs are "mia noi" - cars and she is nobody's Mia noi.

I always wondered about people putting so much emphasis on what other people think of their car and believing that size and brand only matters. Some cars which are very popular here in Thailand, would never sell back home, such as a Mercedes-Benz E 200 (horrible engine, no power, no refinement) or a BMW 316.

What do I drive? A Volkswagen Golf GTI. Looks like the Mazda 3, so totally not impressive. But so much fun to drive!

MRO,i get the Tumble Over Idea from the Police Pound i overlook all day,not just Fortunas,All Roof Jobs are Hi Rider Types,but Ive never seen a CRV Honda yet.The Wrecks i see everyday scares the hel_l out of me sometimes.Just that lower seems safer to me.Funny i never see a Yaris or Jazz,and the Pups drive them badly.I park in that Pound most days,opens your Eyes,Blood,and Kids Shoes inside,Steering Wheels Vertical,doest make me drive slower,but critically allert.Bit Sad realy,carnage for not much reason.

MRO,i get the Tumble Over Idea from the Police Pound i overlook all day,not just Fortunas,All Roof Jobs are Hi Rider Types,but Ive never seen a CRV Honda yet.The Wrecks i see everyday scares the hel_l out of me sometimes.Just that lower seems safer to me.Funny i never see a Yaris or Jazz,and the Pups drive them badly.I park in that Pound most days,opens your Eyes,Blood,and Kids Shoes inside,Steering Wheels Vertical,doest make me drive slower,but critically allert.Bit Sad realy,carnage for not much reason.

It's not because a Fortuner or Vigo or whatever handles poorly or is inherently unstable, it's all just the driver(s). Same thing in the West, where a turbo charged or V8 motor is substantially more likely to be involved in a high-speed accident. It's not the cars that are unsafe, but rather the way they're operated.

There is a lot of truth in this saying often guys who need to compensate for stuff drive expensive or big cars. Its all proven and of course you can be the exception.. are you happy now.

People who think these generalities always apply :D Doesn't mean there is no truth in them.

Time for a quiz?

Bavarian Motor Works

Sorry

Black Man's Wheels

There is a lot of truth in this saying often guys who need to compensate for stuff drive expensive or big cars. Its all proven and of course you can be the exception.. are you happy now.

What do you mean it's proven, by whom is it proven, guys that can't afford expensive cars, and the first thing they would do if they had the money is buy an expensive car ? huh.gif

How about big guys with huge dicks that drive expensive or big cars, where do they fit in ?

Have the owners of expensive or big cars been dragged out of their cars and had their cocks measured ?

If they couldn't afford a car at all, what difference would that make to their physical makeup ?

Do rich people buy expensive cars because that can afford it or because they need to compensate for something ?

Poor man lives in a shack, a rich man lives in a Mansion, is the rich man compensating for something or should he also live in a shack ?

I note your Avatar is of a weightlifter of Body builder, are you also trying to compensate for something ? smile.gif

Would a Pair of reversing lights,brighter than a Halloween Pumpkin be too much to ask..or is that an ego thing.?.Clearly designers don't have dark drives to reverse down . Bolting a Fog Light seems the only way to stop flattening the Cat!!..Why do Pck Ups look like they have Wheels 50 times smaller than the wheel arch.Anyone remember the Mini Pick Up,at least it didnt look as if an idiot had. designed it..Isuzu designers would have fitted Go Cart Wheels..???

Time for a quiz?

Break my windows

Black mans wheels

Bring my wallet

Born moderately wealthy

Bought my wife

Theres loads..

What do I drive? A Volkswagen Golf GTI. Looks like the Mazda 3, so totally not impressive. But so much fun to drive!

Mines just a plain 1.8.. only becuase thats the car I found not because I looked for it..

GTI VR6 or a R32 would be so much fun.. Great little runabouts..

What do you mean it's proven, by whom is it proven, guys that can't afford expensive cars, and the first thing they would do if they had the money is buy an expensive car ? huh.gif

How about big guys with huge dicks that drive expensive or big cars, where do they fit in ?

Have the owners of expensive or big cars been dragged out of their cars and had their cocks measured ?

If they couldn't afford a car at all, what difference would that make to their physical makeup ?

Do rich people buy expensive cars because that can afford it or because they need to compensate for something ?

Poor man lives in a shack, a rich man lives in a Mansion, is the rich man compensating for something or should he also live in a shack ?

I note your Avatar is of a weightlifter of Body builder, are you also trying to compensate for something ? smile.gif

I seem to have hit a nerve and as for me compensating for anything. I just have two hobbies here.. bodybuilding and fishing and i was afraid that if i posted a great white picture people would get scared.

Anyway i did say you could be the exceptions. These rules are generalities cant fit everyone.

Edited by robblok

Apparently I have a small cock, cos I have a Fortuner ...

Feel better now?

Who brought up this ' member ' business anyway. :unsure:

LOL!

I've heard these outrageous generalisations before.

And I own three 12-cylinder motor cars.

But I'm English, so clearly the statement I'm making with my vehicles is ironic :)

My two baht worth is l like cars but l wouldn't break down in tears over them.

Before retiring in Thailand l had many new cars, Ford, Vauxhalls, Volvos, Honda. but bought by the company.

Because of the tax laws changing on company cars l gave myself a good rise in wages by changing my car to a Vito van 2.3 turbo diesel, great motor and l could put my motorbikes in the back as well for track days.:D

The others stuck with there posh cars but moaned about the amount tax they paid.

Edited by Kwasaki