Settlement Visa

Hi all....

A quick question regarding the settlement visa again,would it be sufficient to show just 4 or 5 months bank statements or is the 6 mandatory?

The reason i say this is that i took out a loan about 5 months ago and i dont want the embassy to think that i took it out just to boost my account?

This is not the case and the money is for something other than that,i would just rather it not be seen entering my account at all? it is only for £7000 so its not a huge amount.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated indeed.

Regards

In my opinion the longer the period the better as it gives a clearer picture of your finances. The document checklist says "up to 6 months" so it's up to you.

Can you not simply say in your sponsor's letter that this was a loan and what it was for? Presumably it wasn't in your account for long anyway.

what do you mean will they even grant a visa if only £7000??? the eco has to look at weather he can support her, if he is working with a regular income i dont think it matters if you only have £700 in the bank, i didnt have much money in the bank but i had proof of my wages going in and seemed sufficient enough to satisfy them on the finance side of matters.

what do you mean will they even grant a visa if only £7000??? the eco has to look at weather he can support her, if he is working with a regular income i dont think it matters if you only have £700 in the bank, i didnt have much money in the bank but i had proof of my wages going in and seemed sufficient enough to satisfy them on the finance side of matters.

Didnt he say that he was returning? so, I am assumed he wasnt working.....yet

Correct me if i am wrong , i think it says 6 months bank statements.. just do what is advised , they will make their mind up what ever you send , better to do what is asked ,

I think you are wrong, again. 7x7 is right. The guidance says, about bank statements :

These should show what has been paid in and out of an account for up to the previous six months, and should name the account holder.

Didnt he say that he was returning? so, I am assumed he wasnt working.....yet

returning???