Flight Schedule Change. Help Please

dmax

southall travel sent me an email 2 days ago, ( we are bringing to your attention that we are expiriencing major flight changes on your scheduled flight, made by air india ) we wish to take advantage of advertising to you kindly get in touch with the airlines locally as it requires your immediate attention and requires nessesary action ) i also got a email from then 2 days ago saying my flight had been cancelled !! nothing else just that it had been cancelled. thing is i have 2 different flights with them , this one i go home with my family on 11th nov 2010 and another one i am due to fly out with my family again on 2 feb 2011, they havent specified which flight they are talking about !! i have tried to call air india in bkk but cannot get through !! i have emailed southall travel 3 times in 48 hours asking them why my flight has been cancelled, no reply from them as yet, i will be contacting atol and abta tonight by email to make official complaint. i have emailed southall to ask them what exactly they are talking about as i dont know if there is a flight time change or my flight has been totally cancelled or air india is failing to operate or anything, they havent had the decency to reply to me as yet !!

please think again before you use this company, their costumer service is poor and very sloppy to say the least, at the time of booking with them i expirienced all kind of difficulties with payment etc, they tolds me they had recieved payment but 3 days later i got email to say it hadnt went through, i had to go to local lloyds branch and deposit money into their account, ive never had a problem like that before, they promised us a bassinette for our baby but when we got to cherck in with air india they looked at my wife and i as if we had horns on our heads !! no bassinette !!!

can anyone shed any light on this email they sent me as im left totally confused and going out of our heads with worry, we havent the money to pay for more flights home, just incase that southall again say they havent recieved payment , i have proof here that payment has been recieved by them and also when i deposited money into their lloyds account i rang southall office to confirm they hyad recieved it, they agknowledged they did !! i used my wifes visa debit card ( santander ) to make the original deposit, need some advice please here.

warning, i would steer well clear of this company if i were you

thanks in advance

Edited by dmax

Air India is horrible. My wife had severe decompression over Hong Kong. Masks came out and everything...only there was no oxygen. The Indian guy next to her called it "chicken air". The flight was from Shanghai to BKK. Her friend was waiting at the airport and she never showed up. So, I called Air India. In Shanghai, India, BKK, etc. I got through to the agents in India and they were adamant the flight arrived. I argued it had not as my friend was there but the plane never arrived. They said it did and hung up. Finally got in touch with my wife via email 24 hours later and she had an emergency landing in HK.

If all goes well, I guess it is an OK airline. If anything serious happens, good luck. We will never fly them again if possible.

thanks for the advice guys, anyone who is reading this be WARNED !!! i have tried to call air india at airport and bkk last night and today, no answer !! call the agent ( southall travel uk ) they advised me to call air india. will never ever use southall again !! i will never fly with air india again, the stewardesses are all fat old ugly slobs and they begrudge giving you a second or third beer on flight , useless agent and a sloppy second class airline, but hey it was cheapest i could get , next time around i will fly with jet or kingfisher .

Another drama-filled post from dmax.

Two weeks ago can't find a way out on Bangkok to Hua Hin. Then a week later miraculously pops up in Nong Khai (that was turn LEFT on Hiway 9, not RIGHT).

Now struggling with air travel.

Can't wait for the next heart-stopping installment.