Which Is The Best Disco Of Bangkok ?

deepeyes

Thats rather a vague question...

How about offering what you like in a 'DISCO' and posters might be able to narrow it down for you. Failing that you may end up with some suggestions consisting of full on 'meat markets' such as the Nana Disco to more Western style night clubs such as Bed Supper club to a more Thai environment such as Slim on RCA....

Yes. There are many disco's here in Bangkok.

Question you need to ask yourself.

• What do you like?
  • Who do you want to meet?
  • You like boy or girl?
  • Do you want to pick someone up or just have fun?
  • Do you like Western or Thai style discos?

• What about a cabaret show?

Though many of them are usually around some of Thai universities or very near. These are questions most travelers ask me from time to time. Though, I personally would avoid Nana Plaza like the plague – reminds me of the bar from the movie Star Wars.

General rule: western discos close after 2 a.m. (police are usually paid off to allow these places to stay open longer, sometimes until 3 or 4)

Thai disco’s and bars close at exactly or before 1 a.m. Though there are other places that do stay open longer.

Westerns mainly go to RCA, Silom (DJ – mostly gay, but mix crowd and show) and sometimes to Tonglor or Asoke area.

Western and Thai usually go to Tonglor or Ekamai or to Thailand cultural Center to Dance fever.

Some Western and Thai will go up to Ramkhamhaeng area, near Soi 89/2, but these are 99.99% gay.

Thai both gay and straight also go to Oa Tor Kor. This is near Chatuchak Market or about 100 meters from Kampaang Pet Road. Of course if you live near or staying near Saphan Kwai, you can very much walk there. The disco’s there are very mixed crowd with good entertainment, but they close at 1 a.m. Gay discos with cabaret shows. Straight disco's where if you like Thai bands, you can see them there also.

If you are here short time, ask a Friend or a Thai friend where the best places are and where they like to go. Simple.

Or, pick a location and just go and have fun.

Edited by elshaheen

Insomnia is supposed to open 5 November so that might be worth a look.

Why wait?

overall I would rate Narcissus on suk 23 the best for all factors. Spacious, reasonably priced drinks, good toilet, two music theme dance floors to chose from, three balconies to step out on, several places you can sit, and several other factors. Even freelancers and girls that would send u a note on a napkin through a waiter. Good parking.

But my personal choice is Spasso at the Hyatt, except when a new band comes , it takes them sometime to really match the vibe of the places and many hookers now stake out the place.

For after hours, Bossy is good if you can over look all the drunks at that hour of the day.

Thai both gay and straight also go to Oa Tor Kor. This is near Chatuchak Market or about 100 meters from Kampaang Pet Road. Of course if you live near or staying near Saphan Kwai, you can very much walk there. The disco’s there are very mixed crowd with good entertainment, but they close at 1 a.m. Gay discos with cabaret shows. Straight disco's where if you like Thai bands, you can see them there also.

Oh man, I haven't been here in ages. Used to be a lot of fun, cheap, good bands, and fun crowd. Virtually 100% Thai, in the dozen times I've been I have not once seen a white person other than any I went with. Great place.

Whoops forgot about FunkyVilla on Thonglo Soi 10. Hands down best club in Bangkok.

You wont fit in though unless you are young and good looking. Some fat 50 year old Brit would probably not be allowed inside.

lol I've been to Funky Villa once, we rocked up around 5am mid week with a couple of girls, though we were all blind drunk at that stage and we were pretty much the only ones there. We stayed for one drink then left to Swing club.