How Are You Doing With Triple T Internet This Week

LivinginKata

These past 7 days have been a complete disaster with our 2 service lines. Many hours when both routers have DSL signal go down at the same time. I have lost count of the number of times we have phoned every service number we have on file, including the local technicians. They even ran in 2 new overhead lines to our building last Monday. No service since 11.00 this morning. I'm using my slow old CDMA to stay connected.

Anyone else with the same experience this week ?? I'm thinking there is a serious system problem with Triple T.

The customer service is terrible. We complained for weeks, went to their office with the router per their request, was told router was broken, they wouldn't give us a new one. Said we had to sign new contract, but we wanted to wait for technician first to come to our location and check the line. They sent a sales rep instead with a new contractlaugh.gif Probably wasted about 6 hours with them total. Technician finally came and plugged in his router and the line was then working. Ok, so give us a new router. Not a chancelaugh.gif Had to go to main office in Central. Central office did not have, go to Phuket town and made new contract and got a new router. All and all about 2 weeks before the issue was resolved.

My Triple T connection has been farcical this last week. I used to get faster connection on the 56k dial up. That being said, I had heard from another site that there is a general slowing of all connections and that this is maybe attributable to the Thailand Gateway filter (true or not I wouldn't know). This is in Rawai by the way.

The customer service is terrible. We complained for weeks, went to their office with the router per their request, was told router was broken, they wouldn't give us a new one. Said we had to sign new contract, but we wanted to wait for technician first to come to our location and check the line. They sent a sales rep instead with a new contractlaugh.gif Probably wasted about 6 hours with them total. Technician finally came and plugged in his router and the line was then working. Ok, so give us a new router. Not a chancelaugh.gif Had to go to main office in Central. Central office did not have, go to Phuket town and made new contract and got a new router. All and all about 2 weeks before the issue was resolved.

Strange....I complained about router too and they issued me replacement for 150 baht.

Oh man don't start.... never had any problems..... guess lucky so far but now.....

I have a 2200 bath a month business line here in Kamala...... (so you expect some service)

3 weeks ago it started... on off on off on off..... checked everything.. my network. Did some test... and the whole time it just lost connection with the remote server.... had to build up the connection every time.

It was raining and the wind was blowing.... so guessed had something to do with that.... water in the line/connection etc... area station full of water? tree boinking against the line... whatever....

so lucky i had my CAT wireless thingy... but this shitty on/off thing stayed for nearly 3 weeks... and sometimes it was on for 5 min then off, then 30 min on then an hour.... then again on off on off ..... etc. etc. nice when you work on remote things .... lovely....

And now the fun part....... all this time i called 2/3 times a day .... and yes i was in the system and a tekkie would call me .... and somebody would come by.... bla bla bla....

now 3 weeks later and the weather is better so it only happens a few times a day... but still nobody called back and haven't seen one tech dude....

So if any have a good alternative in Kamala .... i'm all ears... ToT any good? ore is True here and any good?

3xT ..... makes my blood boil......... the first tekkie comes to my house now.... i'll burry him in the woods... ph34r.gif

Or you could have purchased a superior (more reliable, better connecting) router for a 1000 baht or so...

2 weeks of fighting or solving it easily ??

Oh man don't start.... never had any problems..... guess lucky so far but now.....

I have a 2200 bath a month business line here in Kamala...... (so you expect some service)

3 weeks ago it started... on off on off on off..... checked everything.. my network. Did some test... and the whole time it just lost connection with the remote server.... had to build up the connection every time.

It was raining and the wind was blowing.... so guessed had something to do with that.... water in the line/connection etc... area station full of water? tree boinking against the line... whatever....

so lucky i had my CAT wireless thingy... but this shitty on/off thing stayed for nearly 3 weeks... and sometimes it was on for 5 min then off, then 30 min on then an hour.... then again on off on off ..... etc. etc. nice when you work on remote things .... lovely....

And now the fun part....... all this time i called 2/3 times a day .... and yes i was in the system and a tekkie would call me .... and somebody would come by.... bla bla bla....

now 3 weeks later and the weather is better so it only happens a few times a day... but still nobody called back and haven't seen one tech dude....

So if any have a good alternative in Kamala .... i'm all ears... ToT any good? ore is True here and any good?

3xT ..... makes my blood boil......... the first tekkie comes to my house now.... i'll burry him in the woods... ph34r.gif

I am in Kamala too, using V-3G Shop. Some days it is OK, but very bad some times and of course slow always. The support is like everywhere same as non existant!

I have been to the counter of BBB in Central Festival as I wanted to change. They told me that they were going to check my adress. It was going to take one week to let me know. Ten days later I noticed a car from BBB that had an accident not far from my house. Is it because of that or for another reason, they never contacted me.....After 3 weeks, I tried to contact them, they sent me from one phonenumber to another. After 5 different numbers I gave up : if it is so difficult to get the service, what will it be when I need support...... So, I am asking the same question, if somebody has a good connection in Kamala, please let us know. At CAT, they were very honest and told me that the signal would not be better than what I have now with V-3G. A neighbor told me TOT was good at his house, but as I have a TT&T line.....

Or you could have purchased a superior (more reliable, better connecting) router for a 1000 baht or so...

2 weeks of fighting or solving it easily ??

1. We had the "best router" that came with the business plan.

2. No way am I going to sign a new contract with anyone unless what i'm signing a contract for is functioning. I had no way to know, especially with all the power pole issues in front of my business if it was the router or simply a bad connection. The router worked sporadically and other businesses here had similar issues.

3. Had rawai cable come and install their service, different cable router, but same slow connection problems.

So, for me it was worth it, to see with my own eyes my line functioning before I signed any new contract or incurring any expense on unnecessary equipment.

Edited by NaiharnGym

1. We had the "best router" that came with the business plan.

2. No way am I going to sign a new contract with anyone unless what i'm signing a contract for is functioning. I had no way to know, especially with all the power pole issues in front of my business if it was the router or simply a bad connection. The router worked sporadically and other businesses here had similar issues.

3. Had rawai cable come and install their service, different cable router, but same slow connection problems.

So, for me it was worth it, to see with my own eyes my line functioning before I signed any new contract or incurring any expense on unnecessary equipment.

All the routers they give out free.. Are the crap ones.. Sources extra cheap, overheating, unreliable, dropping connections..

I see this all the time.. Guys having ongoing net problems frustrations, disconnects, etc etc.. When a 1000 - 2000 spend on a higher quality cisco router then solves or at least very much improves their end result.. But will they spend it when they really want to use the 'free' POS modem that they get given ??

All hardware is not equal.

Yeah i have the Business snizzle from TTT cost me 2200 a month.... gets me a Huawei SmartAX MT 880 modem... works just fine.....

Used to live on Samui and there i had TOT.... i tried to get a back-up modem but got the no no from them..... the could not cope with the admin... since the linked it to a subscription...

and that piece of crap broke down every so so months... heat was the problem...

But this one is... never had any problems with it... can't be sure because i still wait for the #$%^& to come by. I guess it's in the line... now it crap again... rain and wind... pinball internet... Modem seems to be fine... usually with electric goods it works ore its broken. Not like this on off crap.

so i still like to hear some nice TTT alternatives for Kamala area.... (land line ore cable)

it would be much appreciated....jap.gif

Absolutely no problem down in Rawai. In fact, no problems for a very, very long time.

(But, Rawai's over-rated, you know - according to one member :rolleyes:)

yep rawai has been very good for the past couple of months. very fast and no disconnections

anyone know if you can get cat telecom adsl in rawai?

Yeah i have the Business snizzle from TTT cost me 2200 a month.... gets me a Huawei SmartAX MT 880 modem... works just fine.....

Used to live on Samui and there i had TOT.... i tried to get a back-up modem but got the no no from them..... the could not cope with the admin... since the linked it to a subscription...

and that piece of crap broke down every so so months... heat was the problem...

But this one is... never had any problems with it... can't be sure because i still wait for the #$%^& to come by. I guess it's in the line... now it crap again... rain and wind... pinball internet... Modem seems to be fine... usually with electric goods it works ore its broken. Not like this on off crap.

Thats not the case with modems.. They are not a works or doesnt device..

I actually have the same MT880.. Given to me for maxnet premier.. But it sits in a drawer..

Also have a cisco brand one.. Was the more expensive of the choices (had bad experiences with dLink networking gear) under big C but its much more reliable (line stability), holds a connection better, and drops off far less then the Huwai did. Also if doing torrents the huwai would slow down, and even over heat. The tech himself once told me 'turn this off overnight.. modem like people.. Need sleep time also' which is crock, IF you have good hardware.

For me reliable net is vital, and good hardware is worth the cost if it saves me a disconnect.

Edited by LivinLOS

I am in Kathu. Generally, my 3BB has been working but today it has been up on and off. At the moment, it is down. Sad to say, but I think the best solution here is to have two services, if you can. I have TOT for my main service but have 3BB as a backup. TOT costs 1000 baht and 3BB cost 599 but this way normally I have service as if one is down, the other is usually up. I have friends in BKK that have done the same thing. As even in BKK, the service is not consistant.

I am in Kathu. Generally, my 3BB has been working but today it has been up on and off. At the moment, it is down. Sad to say, but I think the best solution here is to have two services, if you can. I have TOT for my main service but have 3BB as a backup. TOT costs 1000 baht and 3BB cost 599 but this way normally I have service as if one is down, the other is usually up. I have friends in BKK that have done the same thing. As even in BKK, the service is not consistant.

You can even get a load balancing router so the switching is transparent..

3bb came back and is now down again(premium line)

we'll its up but like, as soon as i get off phuket's routers. i drop on a 300ms router(from 32ms @ my 4th hop on 3bb's network interleaved)

and then it times out 4 out of 5 times so most site are unloadable.