Warning ! Air India

dmax

this is not a rash decision making this thread, i am doing it to warn people who are thinking about travelling with air india. 2 weeks ago i recieved email from my agents southall travel saying that i need to contact air india as a matter of urgency about my flight schedule, after 10 calls per day to both their offices at bkk and london they have not answered the phone !! 4 emaiols later since last week to costumer service dept , still no reply back !! it is an absolute discrace, i am flying back home on 11th nov with my wife and baby daughter, i am pulling my hair out with worry, i contacted southall they were useless, i asked them what exactly was the email about , they said my flight had been changed and that was it, i explianed could they as my agent contact air india on my behalf as i could not get hold of them , southall travel told me i had to do it myself !! neeedless to say i will not use southall travel again , ever.

seriously think about using southall or air india, i did get a cheapish ticket but not much less that say trailfinders were quoting me, i will pay the little extra next time to travel with a decent airline and book with a better agent, southalls customer services are very poor and sloppy , no need for me to write anything else about air india.

be warned guys !!

Air India have avery poor safety record and I would never consider flying with them. I used cheapticket.co.uk for my last trip, they are part of Southall, I found them ok, but all has been straight forward, so far.

Last year I booked through Holiday Air, a trip via KL to BKK. I went to Malayasia Airlines to ask which terminal I would be using on the outward and inward bound legs. They were very helpful and even told me my return flight from BKK to KL was going to be leaving 3 hours earlier than my ticket stated! Lucky I went and everything was dealt with there and then, but I had no contact from Holiday Air so it seems to me that its always up you the passenger to make sure things are still as booked and make sure they are all doing their jobs correctly. There is definetly room for improvement in the service offered.

Might be worth going to a local high street travel agent, and offering them say £30 quid to sort it out for you, surly if your flight was changed AI would have to send a new e-ticket anyway, Southall travel attitude id terrible, call them and tell them you will out them on every travel forum you can find, and report them to ATOL anyway. Hope you get it sorted out

This isn't very good service, Southall have an obligation to notify you of any schedule changes which they appear not to have fulfilled.

It might just be a flight time change, check the Air India website for flights on the same day and see if there's been a schedule change. Also I'd check expedia or some other agent to see what comes up on that route / day.

I am on 08:55 Air India on 11th Nov and haven't had any notification of changes.

I just checked www.mytripandmore.com and it hasn't been altered. I'll contact my agent and ask.

hi. i am on the same flight as you from bkk to mumbai, make sure you check with air india asap, still today i cannot get through to their customer service dept at either london or bkk airport,

my ticket is not with massic travel in pattaya and hopefully they will confirm my my re scheduled flight or whatever and get me something as a way of fax or email from air india to tell me what the hel_l is going on .

again people, i advise against using either southall or air india , very very poor sloppy service even when you can get it that is !!

I suspect that there was a slight schedule change, really nothing to be so concerned about as this happens all the time. You can check the schedule at Air India's website, review your booking (you'll need the six character booking code or PNR) and even re-confirm your itinerary.

For BKK-BOM on 11 Nov 2010 I see

AI331 Bangkok Mumbai 2030 2305 321 NonStop

so a departure from BKK at 8:30 PM.

AI local contact details:

Station Address Telephone Fax

BANGKOK M/S SS TRVL SVCS

9th floor, Payatai Plaza Building,

(Near Payatai Station Sky Train)

Suite No 128/108,

Payatai Road,

Rajthevee,

Bangkok 10400

[email protected]

(662) 216 5691-5

(662) 216 5689-90

BANGKOK AIRPORT Suvarnabhumi International Apt Dep Level : Level 4, Psgr Terminal Bldg Entry Gate For Check-In : Gate No. 7 Check-In Row : Row "P" Check-In Counter : Counter Nos. 16-19

26829900/26829901 --

Edited by lomatopo