Do Baht Buses Run Up And Down Third Road

bubba1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:annoyed: Why would i pay double at the 7 ?

10 for thai 20 for farang thats just the way it is unless you qualify as a cheap charlie :jerk:

You're just wrong about this. It's 10 baht now for all.

There are some exceptions which is maybe how you became confused about this. For example if you ride a bus from Jomtien to Big C, you probably should pay 20 baht.

Edited by Jingthing

10 for thai 20 for farang thats just the way it is unless you qualify as a cheap charlie :jerk:

There are some exceptions which is maybe how you became confused about this. For example if you ride a bus from Jomtien to Big C, you probably should pay 20 baht.

from Jomtien you need to pay 20 baht if you cross Pattaya Klang.

Agreed. But that's an EXCEPTION. Which is why some people get confused that 20 is the normal fare overall. It is not. It is definitely 10 baht and there is really no question about that.

Agreed. But that's an EXCEPTION. Which is why some people get confused that 20 is the normal fare overall. It is not. It is definitely 10 baht and there is really no question about that.

correct.

Back to the subject. It would be great if at least SOME buses did the 3rd road run. That would be very useful.

Agreed.

There are approx 1000 baht buses in pattaya alone all trying the same beach road / second road route,which to be fair is the busiest with pedestrians, so perhaps the op can use one of the deadly motorbike taxis that seem to frequent 3rd road, alltho i wouldnt :jap:

Back to the subject. It would be great if at least SOME buses did the 3rd road run. That would be very useful.

Agreed.

There are approx 1000 baht buses in pattaya alone all trying the same beach road / second road route,which to be fair is the busiest with pedestrians, so perhaps the op can use one of the deadly motorbike taxis that seem to frequent 3rd road, alltho i wouldnt :jap:

how do you know there are 1000 baht buses in Pattaya? You don't even know the price so how do you know how many there are?

Well for starters look at the numbers on the side of the trucks which the last one i saw was in the late 900s plus the fact that my father in law has taxi number 936 so perhaps thats why <_<

your father in law is a baht bus driver and you don't know the fare? Please tell me you don't own a few houses and pickups in Issan as well.

Interesting, when people have discussions on the bike and auto threads, nobody ever says just take the bus! But almost always on baht bus threads, eventually someone suggests public transport riders buy a private vehicle. It's really bizarre.

To be fair tho JT it is with out doubt the easiest way to travel in the land of smiles.

Interesting, when people have discussions on the bike and auto threads, nobody ever says just take the bus! But almost always on baht bus threads, eventually someone suggests public transport riders buy a private vehicle. It's really bizarre.

To be fair tho JT it is with out doubt the easiest way to travel in the land of smiles.

easiest way to end up dead as well

yes bikes ok but some bikes are naughty--------------------mine stopped in the middle of a big mud puddle in front of viewtalay residence at the start of the new / old jontiem 2nd road

as a result i fell sideways and lay in the mud and water laughing. i blame the bike 100%. certain friends have blamed it on the 8 pints in 5 hours in maggie mays chaiyapruek but i resent that as a slurr on my character------------8 in 5 hours is an insult --------------anyway after mollyp had finished with me i gave the bike a dam_n good thrashing with a branch from a tree and it hasnt happened since --------------------funny thing havnt been to maggie mays since then either--------------weird innit no wot i mean gurcha

Years ago there used to be fairly regular baht buses on 3rd road, but I don't even try anymore.

If Jingthing had his way in his justified crusade, there would be such a service and many in Pattaya would benefit.

if it keeps me out of the mud i am all for it !!

It's a bit weird that there is not. Of course it wouldn't need to be frequent. Every 15 minutes or so would do. There is even irregular baht bus service on Thepprasit road between Thappraya and Sukhumwit and yes of course the fare for that is the same STANDARD fare as the entire system -- 10 baht. Can't see any reason why a 3rd road route if it ever started should be priced any differently than the standard.