Increase Top Speed - Honda Pcx

kaiserseo

Hello,

I sell electronic box for increase speed of a Honda PCX which is normally block to 105km/h.

Now with it, you'll be able to reach more than 120 km/h !!!

I sell the box with all cable AND instruction in Thai language !

Only 2500 bahts with delivery in EMS on Thailand.

If you are interest, please send me private message.

post-116848-006294900 1288454120_thumb.j

post-116848-087652400 1288454140_thumb.j

post-116848-022729200 1288454152_thumb.j

Do these boxes effect only the top speed restriction, thereby keeping fuelling and economy / reliability the same ?? Or do they remap through the range. Is it added power or simply a removal of the restriction ??

Using a PCX currently and while the top speed could have another 5 kph I doubt I would feel very safe above 110, also it only just gets there with a tailwind so doubt just removing a restriction (which I can feel it stutter at 105 when downhill) will help on the flat.

If you want more speed, buy a bigger bike. Modify a bike decrease the safety, the economy and void the warranty.

The speed of my PCX is more than enough for a normal use.

What about if you already have a bigger bike ?? I dont need any more speed than the fireblade I have..

But I would like my 'pop to the shops or bar' scooter to pull a bit harder too.. Plus its got a silly stutter when it hits the limiter.

Nothing wrong with that.. Plenty of bikes crippled to make emissions passes etc mods dont always ruin safety or economy.

If you want more speed, buy a bigger bike. Modify a bike decrease the safety, the economy and void the warranty.

Best advice.

Just get a faster scooter to go to the shops on, simples innit!

Edited by soihok

What about if you already have a bigger bike ?? I dont need any more speed than the fireblade I have..

But I would like my 'pop to the shops or bar' scooter to pull a bit harder too.. Plus its got a silly stutter when it hits the limiter.

Nothing wrong with that.. Plenty of bikes crippled to make emissions passes etc mods dont always ruin safety or economy.

Cant think why you would want to ride a scooter if you have a Fireblade mate :yohan:

Cant think why you would want to ride a scooter if you have a Fireblade mate :yohan:

Loads of reasons.. Gear.. Heat.. Simpliciy.. Etc..

Blades great playing.. Scooters needed for 7/11 runs in sandals and a night round town..

Do these boxes effect only the top speed restriction, thereby keeping fuelling and economy / reliability the same ?? Or do they remap through the range. Is it added power or simply a removal of the restriction ??

I would say simple fooling the ECU into thinking the engine is revving slightly lower so when it hits the limited it is actually revving about 10% faster.

Maybe like this?

Factory REV limiter is an internal circuit integrated into the ECU / ECM (Electronic Control Unit / Electronic Control Management) to restrict engine's maximum rotational speed. This is usually carried out to prevent damage to the engine, however sometimes these devices are fitted to prevent an engine reaching the point at which it develops maximum power. This technique is applied on late models because of emission control or on those engines are used for racing purposes; manufacturer wants to get rid of warranty claims resulted by misuse of the current vehicle. This is reasonable and while tuning a bike owner must be aware of basic rules applied in case of heavy duty using.

Limiters works by interrupting the power that is distributed to the spark plugs, this prevents the engine from operating above a pre-determined RPM level known as the red-line. On stock engines the RPM level that results with the spark being arrested is a constant level. REV-PRO module can be adjusted quickly and easily to reach higher RPM range than factory in order to gain more horsepower.

A voltage-controlled crystal oscillator is used when the frequency of operation needs to be adjusted by a relatively small amount or when exact frequency or phase of the oscillator is critical, or, by applying a varying voltage to the control input of the oscillator, to disperse radio-frequency interference over a range of frequencies to make it less objectionable. Typically the frequency of a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator can only be varied by a few tens of parts per million (ppm), because the high Q factor of the crystals allows only a small "pulling" range of frequencies to be produced.

Source: http://www.magnumtun...control_module9

Loads of reasons.. Gear.. Heat.. Simpliciy.. Etc..

Blades great playing.. Scooters needed for 7/11 runs in sandals and a night round town..

Fair enough mate.

I would still take the Blade tho.

I have a Triumph Street Triple R and it is used for shop runs, work and back , curry run. I am in Singapore tho and appreiciate that its not Phuket, you lucky bugger you!

I read that the standard Honda PCX variator has 6 rollers. The force generated by the rollers is usually a compromise as any adjustment is limited to 6 rollers. As a result other aftermarket variators or rollers are often combined with a different rear pulley spring to get a good balance. It is not easy to get the combination correct. If you race and have time and money to spend with all the different combinations, then maybe it works for you. If however you only ride on the street then J Costa has already done all the work for you

Unleash the existing hidden power of your Honda PCX, 125cc scooter. This is possible with the J Costa variator for the Honda PCX, soon available at dealers in Thailand. Many Honda PCX owners express a desire for better acceleration or top speed. The easiest and simplest way to achieve this on Honda PCX is to replace the variator and get extra performance without having to modify the engine

Source: Honda Vaiator is no good

I read that the standard Honda PCX variator has 6 rollers. The force generated by the rollers is usually a compromise as any adjustment is limited to 6 rollers. As a result other aftermarket variators or rollers are often combined with a different rear pulley spring to get a good balance. It is not easy to get the combination correct. If you race and have time and money to spend with all the different combinations, then maybe it works for you. If however you only ride on the street then J Costa has already done all the work for you

Unleash the existing hidden power of your Honda PCX, 125cc scooter. This is possible with the J Costa variator for the Honda PCX, soon available at dealers in Thailand. Many Honda PCX owners express a desire for better acceleration or top speed. The easiest and simplest way to achieve this on Honda PCX is to replace the variator and get extra performance without having to modify the engine

Source: Honda Vaiator is no good

"Honda Variator is no good" may be a bit harsh.

Did find this though. Hopefully it is legible. If anyone would like a PDF file PM me.

hondapcx125variatoronly.jpg

• 1 month later...

I w8 for the Kitaco I-map ., have 4 settings 3 pre-set and 1 for adjust self with a usb connection to your laptop . , but then its best to use a DYNO . ,

5500 THB ., but not on the market in Thai yet. , but will be soon . ,

The way I see it is that the variator make the difference up to about 80 kph maybe 90 , then the rest up to and above 116-ish (wheel speed) is hp so use the I-Map for that. Do we know if I-Map overcomes the rev limiter?

BTW J Costa also manufacturers dynos if you need one to set up the I-mapsmile.gif

Edited by VocalNeal