Russian President Medvedev sends condolences to Thailand over flooding

News_Editor

Russian President Medvedev sends condolences to Thailand over flooding

2010-10-31 04:11:52 GMT+7 (ICT)

MOSCOW/BANGKOK (BNO NEWS) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Saturday offered his condolences to Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva for the deaths of up to 100 people who died in severe flooding that has affected parts of Thailand.

The flooding, described as the worst of its kind in decades, has affected 36 of the country's 76 provinces. It began earlier this month as a result of heavy downpours which caused rivers to burst, although Bangkok has seen only minimal flooding.

"It was with great sadness that I learned of the severe floods in Thailand that have resulted in numerous human casualties and extensive damage," Medvedev wrote in his letter to Abhisit. "Russia shares the Thai people's grief."

Medvedev further told Abhisit that Russia is ready to offer disaster relief assistance, if requested. "Please pass on my condolences to the bereaved families and my best wishes to the injured for a speedy recovery," he added.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2010-10-31

and nothing about Viktor Bout.... :thumbsup:

I believe this was brought up recently during a meeting the Russian's had with Hilary Clinton in Vietnam last week or so....

Yes, you are right.

The Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Larov did so with USA State Secretary Hilary Clinton at ASEAN Summit in Vietnam, which is why it was refreshing that the Russian President was able to, at least on this occasion, skip his country's desperate attempt to protect Bout while discussing this talk on Thailand's flooding conditions.