Naval Officer Shot In Head In Bangkok Drive-By Shooting

webfact

Naval officer shot in head while driving on Ratchadaphisek

By The Nation

A Naval officer sustained critical injuries after being shot in the head in a drive-by shooting yesterday at around 7pm on Bangkok's Ratchadaphisek Road.

The officer, who was driving a car, may have been shot at by two men on a motorbike.

Eyewitnesses told Huai Khwang police a gunman began shooting at Captain Wutthichai Bunyarit when he was driving past the Robinson Ratchada shopping centre. Police quoted the witnesses as saying the victim was being chased by a motorcycle and later his pickup truck was seen losing control and hitting the road island across from Triam Udom Phatthanakarn school, possibly after he was hit by the bullet.

However, senior police commander Maj-General Wichai Sangpraphai later provided conflicting details. He said the gunman may have been driving a black Volkswagen without a licence plate. He quoted a taxi driver as saying that Wutthichai's pickup and the Volkswagen were seen duelling on the road possibly before the shooting took place.

The incident made pedestrians and other motorists panic, causing much heavier traffic than normal during the evening rush hour.

Passers-by also said they heard several shots. The victim has a single gunshot wound, with the entry point on his left eyebrow and the exit by his left temple. The shot came through the windshield and two spent cartridges were found at the scene.

Wutthichai, who is with the Navy's Directorate of Personnel, remains in hospital after undergoing brain surgery.

Witnesses who believed the shooting was done by a gunman on a motorcycle said the perpetrators wore blue jeans, black jackets and full-face helmets. These men allegedly drove off in the outbound lane on a motorcycle for women with no licence plate.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-11-03

I love the last sentence in the last paragraph 'These men allegedly drove off in the outbound lane on a motorcycle for women with no licence plate.'

What is a motorcycle for woman? lol....

yamahathai1.jpg

woman motorcycles come in this colour and a small sticker with 3 lions.

That gunfire could have been the Grade 3 kid who shot his friend with a .357 in a flat in Huay Kwang, soi Chasongkraw 39, but that was a bit earlier, around 4pm, so maybe doesn't fit into your description of 'last night'.

Must had been another shooting (what, the third in the same area and evening???) :blink:

I love the last sentence in the last paragraph 'These men allegedly drove off in the outbound lane on a motorcycle for women with no licence plate.'

Do women need to be licensed now - and wear a plate saying that they have paid up?  And are they catered for by means of a specific type of motorbike?   

I would be more interested to find out what constitutes "women with no licence plate"?

That gunfire could have been the Grade 3 kid who shot his friend with a .357 in a flat in Huay Kwang, soi Chasongkraw 39, but that was a bit earlier, around 4pm, so maybe doesn't fit into your description of 'last night'.

And heres me thinking every time i hear a bang....... That its Fire Crackers.:D