Birthday Party

PlanetX

Turning the big 40 next friday

I would like to rent out a venue for dinner + cocktails for 20+ people - maybe even provide own liquor if allowed

Anyone have any suggestions on places that would cater to such a request? Maybe any of our wonderful community business owners/ sponsors?

I planned to spend 4,000+ baht for the evening

Thanks!

Edited by PlanetX

:) Just about any restaurant will allow you to reserve a table for 20. If you bring your own booze then there'd just be a corkage charge.

That said, 4000 baht is not a very big budget.. A birthday cake alone for 20 people will run up to 600-1000 baht, and if people drink beer or wine (or cocktaisl especially) then you will have already blown your budget.

As Magnum Force says, 4,000 isn't much for 20+ people, but we at The Olde Bell would love to help you celebrate and i could put together something worthwhile involving dinner and a couple of drinks each if you'd like to pop in and see us or PM me, we could discuss some details.

If Thai food is OK with you and your guests, you could easily find a caterer for 200 baht/head, pay a little extra to rent tables and chairs from a wat, and then have the party at your place with no corkage fee and whatever drinks you want.