2011 Kawasaki Versys Has Arrived In Thailand!

BigBikeBKK

Hi @katabeachbum,

so..

Triumph is unable as an "exclusive" name to reach the production volume required for BOI supported thai manufactoring

..sounds exactly like my second point..

Triumph don't want to/cannot meet the appropriate production volumes or percentage 'locally fabricated' required to satisfy whatever the Thai requirements may be for dropping the import tax

Thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated.

:wai:

Cheers

P

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! These guys waste no time in modding their bikes!

2011 Kawasaki Versys in Lime Green with Radiator Guard and Yoshimura exhaust!

Green2011VersysSSR.jpg

Green2011Versys1SSR.jpg

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Tony you r really making it hard for me ;)

I m trying to control myself to wait until January to get the Versys, to make sure its 2011. Displaying this green one, I am rather sure my will be Pearl White as my Ninja 650R, with Arrow exhaust and Xenon/HID low beam.

post-81971-0-50338300-1289361097_thumb.j

I m trying to control myself to wait until January to get the Versys, to make sure its 2011. Displaying this green one, I am rather sure my will be Pearl White as my Ninja 650R, with Arrow exhaust and Xenon/HID low beam.

Phuket Kawasaki will have 8 Versys coming in next week. You can check the frame number to see if its a 2011.

PS! Whats up with the Highway Police sticker on your wind shield? Isnt that impersonatig being a police officer or that the bike is to use for the police?

Mr Sifu in Pattaya had to answer to this: "The cars were donated by me for the police to use and the police put the stickers on the cars that say “SWAT” and bear the police insignia," he said.Sifu declared, "How can I be impersonating an officer if every time the car is out there are police in it?"

Phuket Kawasaki will have 8 Versys coming in next week. You can check the frame number to see if its a 2011.

PS! Whats up with the Highway Police sticker on your wind shield? Isnt that impersonatig being a police officer or that the bike is to use for the police?

Mr Sifu in Pattaya had to answer to this: "The cars were donated by me for the police to use and the police put the stickers on the cars that say "SWAT" and bear the police insignia," he said.Sifu declared, "How can I be impersonating an officer if every time the car is out there are police in it?"

As far as I know 2010 and 2011 Versys are identical. Frame numbers in LOS unfortunately does not indicate modelyear. By definition a thai Versys is 2011 only if warrantycard and insurance is issued in 2011, needed to make reg book have 2011, so I ll try to wait another 6 weeks.

The Highwaypolice sticker is because I am a Highway Police Volunteer, but dont worry I wont fine you (or anyone else):D

Godditt!!

Literally, just back from Surratthani. Wet roads & sand everywhere on Samui (mainland was totally dry!) but no drama on the way home, even on the OEM Dun-flops. A bit early days for impressions but feels like the star-ship enterprise compared to my previous bikes here in Thailand. Can't wait to get out tomorrow and get her run in.

Here I am in the Surratthani showroom just prior to departure. Forgive the 'Cheshire Cat' grin, I just couldn't help myself!

:lol:

post-114158-0-81397300-1289400952_thumb.

...and before anyone mentions it, Yes, I know 'Converse' are not ideal motorcycle footwear

:whistling:

Love those modified V's. I was happy with red until I saw the Orange Ninja in the show room today and that pic of the Kawa Green V. dam_n! It's just gonna hav2b Orange. Kawa said new pre-painted panels available from New Year. Maybe. We'll see.

Time for bed said Zebedee! I've had it for the day.

Cheers

P

Edited by ThePedroDB

As far as I know 2010 and 2011 Versys are identical. Frame numbers in LOS unfortunately does not indicate modelyear. By definition a thai Versys is 2011 only if warrantycard and insurance is issued in 2011, needed to make reg book have 2011, so I ll try to wait another 6 weeks.

The Highwaypolice sticker is because I am a Highway Police Volunteer, but dont worry I wont fine you (or anyone else):D

What definition? Kawasaki has introduced the 2011 Versys, along with a bunch of other 2011 models. It's the 2011 Versys introduced end of 2010. Co-incidentally the 2011 model is the first one to be made in Thailand so the only thing you can buy here is... the 2011.

Doesn't mean it was assembled in the Factory in 2011, or it was sold new in 2011. The good news is you don't need to hold off until January if you want to get the 2011 model - only if you want to be able to say "I bought this bike new in 2011". Whatever that's worth?!

Tks @nikster!

Despite my best efforts, can't sleep. Arrrrgghh!! So, back to the www..

The green one is cool, although green should have a black logo, not white. Makes me think about white panels... Hmmmmm....

Agree entirely re: decal colour - gotta be Black decals on Kawa Green.

White panels on the V? Yeah, I'd go for that! Either Pearlescent White and/or Black Kwackasaki decal with a small Orange 'flash', Orange rear shock spring & Orange rim tape for the wheels. Pseudo KTM SM-R. I feel a Photoshop moment coming on... When I've created it, I'll publish and you can see what you think!

Cheers

P

What definition? Kawasaki has introduced the 2011 Versys, along with a bunch of other 2011 models. It's the 2011 Versys introduced end of 2010. Co-incidentally the 2011 model is the first one to be made in Thailand so the only thing you can buy here is... the 2011.

Doesn't mean it was assembled in the Factory in 2011, or it was sold new in 2011. The good news is you don't need to hold off until January if you want to get the 2011 model - only if you want to be able to say "I bought this bike new in 2011". Whatever that's worth?!

post your greenbook when you recieve it. 2010 model, promise ;)

and check your 1st class insurance docs, 2010 model, promise ;)

I know you v got a 2011 Versys, but

I v done this in LOS so many times, so for once I m gonna do it right and get 2011 in all docs. Just have to manage with my Ninja until then

Mr Sifu in Pattaya had to answer to this: "The cars were donated by me for the police to use and the police put the stickers on the cars that say “SWAT” and bear the police insignia," he said.Sifu declared, "How can I be impersonating an officer if every time the car is out there are police in it?"

KBB and scubabuddha are both highway police volunteers.. Same as the other branches of tourist volunteer police etc.

Fair play to them..

I v done this in LOS so many times, so for once I m gonna do it right and get 2011 in all docs. Just have to manage with my Ninja until then

I don't have proper docs yet so can't check.

In any case - why would it make any difference to me what the green book says? I imagine it will say something to the effect of "first registered Nov. 2010". Why would it say anything else. But that won't affect the resale value. And other than that I can't think of any reason why I would care.

So honest question: Why do you care? You could always "prove" you have a 2011 model by choosing the red one. New color on the 2011 models. The other proof would be the 2010 wasn't even sold in Thailand.

Edited by nikster

Hi Snowflake,

I financed my Versys at Kawasaki Pattaya, ball park figures as the Mrs has tidied up the paperwork are:

Cost of bike:285,000

First Class Insurance: 13,500

Total: 302,000

Deposit: 90,000

Plus Reg and Insurance +- 17,000=

107,000 down (sure it was a bit less in fact, by a couple of thou)

18 months at 11,800

Total: 319,400

I worked out the interest to be 20,000 over 18 months, which I thought was very acceptable.

BTW I wanted to put 50% down and pay less, but that did not compute at all.

Of course you can pay over shorter or longer times, as you wish, for the exact numbers pop in to Kawasaki, they have them to hand.

Couple of Thai guys picking up theirs while I was waiting for mine just plonked down cash like it was a bag of groceries, fair play to them.

I don't have proper docs yet so can't check.

In any case - why would it make any difference to me what the green book says? I imagine it will say something to the effect of "first registered Nov. 2010". Why would it say anything else. But that won't affect the resale value. And other than that I can't think of any reason why I would care.

So honest question: Why do you care? You could always "prove" you have a 2011 model by choosing the red one. New color on the 2011 models. The other proof would be the 2010 wasn't even sold in Thailand.

secondhand value

reg book states modelyear and date of reg, your modelyear will be 2010, page 4 position 9. position 1 is date of reg

just like my 2 Ninja 650R, both books says modelyear 2009, even if we all know ABS edition and LOS bikes where all sold as 2010

on my 2010 Vigo 3,0VN November 2009, Toyota dealer tryed hard to make it a 2010 by waiting to apply for reg until 2010. didnt work, 2009 in reg book. 60-100k less market value 3 years old

and while I like to replace my sportsbikes now and then, I imagine Versys will stay a while perhaps 3 years, as a bike like this shouldnt be any larger cc

anyway hope you r happy with your Versys, looking forward to get my in a few weeks.:)

Edited by katabeachbum

secondhand value

Ok then. I think you're chasing flying pigs, but each to his own. To me "registered in 2011" and "the 2011 model" are just 2 completely different things. If somebody will give you 100k baht more or less because you registered your vehicle a month before or after - good for them and good for you. It doesn't concern me. Maybe the Toyota dealer does this. I am 100% sure the Kawa dealer doesn't - date of registration was never asked, and never brought up when I sold my bike recently.

That said, I know some Thai people have the same concern so maybe it's a Thai thing. Like red plates, or leaving the plastic on the seats of the new car until it falls off... :P

While I am waiting for the Ortlieb luggage - dealer in Thailand doesn't commit to anything and didn't even order it yet, I may have to source it from outside - I had to make do with a backpack and a bungee net - worked surprisingly well. The net and pack were just the right size for the *large* rear seat on the Versys and I had it installed in literally 10 seconds.

post-20814-0-10903300-1289483048_thumb.j

Had an absolute blast on the way to Pai using above setup today. The ER-6n was great for those roads, but the Versys is better in every way. I am reconsidering my wish for more HP too because if I'd had any more fun I might have gone flying off the road somewhere. The bike turns so easily and willingly, and the suspension gives a lot of confidence when the roads are rough. The Versys owns the 1095, that's for sure.

The only mood dampener was what _always_ happens on the 1095 - I was going up around a bend swiftly, and was met by a truck coming at me in my lane, passing another truck right before the turn. I went all the way left on my side but there was a guard rail and a cliff beyond that - luckily the truck avoided me.... but it was a close one.

Edited by nikster

@nikster, glad to hear you had a safe escape from the truck incident.

Re: Luggage. My Bagster tank harness and bag arrived today and it looks great. Fab quality. Even better design than my previous Bagster kit. I'm delighted. If it stops raining for 5 mins tomorrow I'll go out and fit it and post some pics.

Cheers

P

• Like 1

Hi to all. Does anyone know if the standard monoshock will handle a rider that weighs 110kg? When i had the er-6f, i had to change the standard monoshock to safely accommodate my weight. dry.gif

I also have to change the monoshock on my current Z1000. Was wondering if the standard on the 2010 Versys is the same. Else i have to budget a few more bills for the Ohlins. Thanks.

Edited by thai4me

@nikster, another sleepless night, so here it is - my impression of how a KTM SMR style paint job might look on a Versys.

Versys-KTM-SMR-Style.jpg

Enjoy!

Nice one! I think white would look quite good... in order to make it look like a KTM though you'd have to have many more bold square angles. Not really possible... I am a big fan of the KTM designs.

Meanwhile... I am also quite liking black :)

@nikster, just for you!

The 'full monty' SMR experience with all the orange bits and appropriate decals. No angled graphics but more of the 'old school' KTM where the letters were used to effect.

I somehow doubt Kawasaki will be offering this version...

Versys-SMR-Style-v3.jpg

That's it. No more tinkering. I promise...

:whistling:

BTW. The more I see the Black V, the more I like it. Still delighted with mine though!

Cheers

P

just wondering, would my local kawasaki dealership in Surin be able to order this?

Is there a kawasaki dealer (for big bikes) in Surin?

i have not seen a kawasaki dealership in Surin, but I am sure there must be one. As far as I can see, Yamaha, and Honda, as an example, only sell mopeds. Si I presume Kawasak sell mopeds only. I have never seen larger bikes on the forecourts. When i find out where it is, I will go and ask. Thanks

just wondering, would my local kawasaki dealership in Surin be able to order this?

Is there a kawasaki dealer (for big bikes) in Surin?

i have not seen a kawasaki dealership in Surin, but I am sure there must be one. As far as I can see, Yamaha, and Honda, as an example, only sell mopeds. Si I presume Kawasak sell mopeds only. I have never seen larger bikes on the forecourts. When i find out where it is, I will go and ask. Thanks

all authorised kawasaki dealers are allowed to sell big bikes

yamaha has only a few dealers sell big bikes

and honda none :realangry:

Kawa. Korat

Nakornrajchasima

Muangpol Chuatekthai Co.,Led (M.P.C Bike Shop Branch )

129/15-18 Prajak Road., Tumbon Nai Muang,Muang, Nakornrajchasimaจ. 30000

Tel : (044) 255 011 Fax : (044) 255 012

Open : All Day ( 9.00น. - 17.00น. )

Thats ya closest

Kawa. Korat

Nakornrajchasima

Muangpol Chuatekthai Co.,Led (M.P.C Bike Shop Branch )

129/15-18 Prajak Road., Tumbon Nai Muang,Muang, Nakornrajchasimaจ. 30000

Tel : (044) 255 011 Fax : (044) 255 012

Open : All Day ( 9.00น. - 17.00น. )

Thats ya closest

thanks for the info