Vacuum Hose

mellow1

Our pools vacuum hose ends are starting to crack, and need replacing. The hose is in good condition. Has anyone done this? Can I just use a PVC fitting? We live about a 2 hours drive from the nearest town which would have a pool shop.

I have repaired mine with the likes of " no more nails " fixing. it lasts around 6 months then you have to re do it but it is far cheaper than the ridiculous amounts all the pool shops want for a replacement. Even a plastic brush for the vacuum was 2,500 baht. For a bit of plastic that if it had nothing to do with a pool would cost you next to nothing. Pools equal big rip off for the owners.

As an example a new piece of cloth filter was 2000 baht for crying out loud.

I have repaired mine with the likes of " no more nails " fixing. it lasts around 6 months then you have to re do it but it is far cheaper than the ridiculous amounts all the pool shops want for a replacement. Even a plastic brush for the vacuum was 2,500 baht. For a bit of plastic that if it had nothing to do with a pool would cost you next to nothing. Pools equal big rip off for the owners.

As an example a new piece of cloth filter was 2000 baht for crying out loud.

Agree completely. Bought a new gasket for the valve thing (backwash, filter, etc..) settings cost me, 1900 Baht. The rubber it was made of was so cheap that it only lasted about a month. Now I have to take the cover off, change the setting and bolt it back down. Thats the reason I want to find a way to do it myself.

On the hose ends there is a fitting that goes from 2inch down to about 1 or 1 1/2 inch. I was thinking of using regular PVC fittings.