Great Shoe Repair

mamypoko

Hi all, I'm not sure this is the correct place for this, but....I brought a pair of nice Ecco shoes from the States only to find the heals on both shoes were dried out and shredded/ing. I thought I'd take a chance on the local shoe repair guy (outside and to the left of Big C Rama II). Though it took 5 days to do the job, I was only charged 280THB....and they actually look and feel better than when new. Good job Thailand! I don't even want to know what that repair would have cost back in the States.

Excellent!!!!!

The soles of my 5200 baht Ecco shoes purchased in Thailand split and cracked. They were out of the one year warranty period and Ecco Thailand said they couldn't be repaired and offered me a 20 percent discount on another pair.

I learned everything I needed to know about Ecco's comittment to quality and customer care by googling "Ecco soles". Try it!

Unfortunatly they are\were my favorite brand of shoes!

I will take them to your guy and see what happens.

Edited by ricklev

Excellent!!!!!

The soles of my 5200 baht Ecco shoes purchased in Thailand split and cracked. They were out of the one year warranty period and Ecco Thailand said they couldn't be repaired and offered me a 20 percent discount on another pair.

I learned everything I needed to know about Ecco's comittment to quality and customer care by googling "Ecco soles". Try it!

Unfortunatly they are\were my favorite brand of shoes!

I will take them to your guy and see what happens.

One sole fell off my wifes Ecco Golf Shoes last week, half way around the course! those shoes weren't cheap....at least we won't buy any more shoes from them.

Edited by John45

I just remembered that Ecco offered me 50 percent off a new pair made in Thailand or 40 percent off of an imported pair. Since they were on sale at the time it wasn't much of a discount.... Here is the letter I sent them (I've got time on my hands :):

Dear Kuhn _______ ,

Thanks for your reply to my email and kind of offer of a discount on a new pair of Ecco shoes.

After reading your email, I googled ecco business comfort hydrolosys . I now can easily understand the difficulty Ecco must have dealing with so many complaints and problems especially given the many international divisions and the complexities of unified corporate communication that accompanies Ecco's business structure.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=8h&oq=&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADFA_enTH363TH363&q=ecco+business+comfort++hydrolosys

I also discovered that the first google result displayed included a comment from someone who said that they worked for Ecco talking specifically about my shoes. "As a final note, I have seen complaints about soles splitting, or cracking down the forefoot (horizontally) and would like to clarify on this as well, as far as I know it was a defect on one shoe called the Business Comfort."

My pair of Business Comfort shoes did remain attractive, comfortable, and functional beyond the one year product warranty period. I understand why Ecco considers the splitting of the soles after the one year warranty period to be a result of normal wear. However, I expected more from Ecco based on your advertising, projection of quality and my previous experiences. I'm dissapointed, but I sadly accept that that's life at the morally confused intersection of corporate marketing and consumer desire.

I did stop by Central Chidlom yesterday evening and saw that Ecco shoes are, as usual, discounted 20 percent. Is your offer of a special discount of 40% or 50% off of the discounted price. If so, I wll buy another pair and see how it goes :)

Thank you for your kind attention to my concerns!

Any suggestions for a quality shoe repairer? No real luck with the street vendors on my Eccos (Rama 2 is a bit too far for me) and the guy I talked to in the shop in the basement of Robinsons at Asoke didn't inspire confidence. I hadn't really thought they could be repaired but now I have hope....

Edited by ricklev