Part Time Maid Wanted

Ethan79

Hi All,

sorry to be asking this but i did a search but it seems like all the recent topics are on full time maids and the part time maids are dated 2007.

I'm looking for a part time maid (1-2 times a week) for maybe 3-4 hrs to clean my apartment (2BR in Sukhumvit soi 24) area. I hate ironing so hopefully she will do that too.

Anyone knows what the going rate and where can I find a reliable one?

My key concern is reliability as i've heard/read many horror story of maid stealing and disappearing. Since I am living alone, no one will be there to supervise the maid so am looking for references here if any.

thanks!

thanks kuffki - 2000B/month for twice a week sounds affordable :) too bad you don't have her contact anymore :( where did u find her?

fredlk...thanks...have checked your site but they looking at 6000B just for commission!

When i loved in BKK my real estate agent got her for me. Sadly i deleted the number when i moved 2.5 years ago to Pattaya.

you can also ask in your management office in your condo, they usually know or have contact for someone.

From my experience i would suggest an older lady. both of my maids current and the one in BKK are in their 40's if not 50's and both are great.

I did go through a few young ones and they were useless and unreliable.

If i do find my od maids number i will send you PM

Usually part time maids charges are separate for clean, and for laundry and ironing.

Clean rate will depend on size of unit and no. of rooms.

Laundry and ironing rate will depend on number of people and the ave. pieces of clothes of each per month.

So that Bt2,000 seems like a 1-bedroom unit staying only one.

• 6 months later...

I know I know this is an old thread, but......

I could really use a part time maid, a couple days a week for a few hours a day. Any idea's or suggestions on where I could find one. I prefer not to go through an agency as I have had problems in the past.

If anyone could ask their part time maid if they want more work, or ask your full time maid if they have a friend?

I'm looking for probably a Monday & Friday for about 4+ hours. In the Thong-Lor Ekkamai area. Some English would be a plus.

Thank you all for any help you can give.

B

Please, Please, there has to be someone out there with a good part time maid that could use a little more work? Maybe someone could share the secret of where they found their maid if they don't want to share?

It's a small house but I'm slowly loosing the battle. If anyone could throw me a life ring it would really be helpful.

Thank you,

B

Ask your neighbors?

Ask one of the motorbike guys in your area? But make sure u ask only if uve seen the guy there for many months

Ask in the local beauty salon. There's lots of people going in and out of there. Bound to be someone who will know someone.

Finding part time is tricky. Need to be someone who lives close enough. Not too many want / can travel across town. Used to pay one taxi fare on top of her 3 hr pay and she still didn't want to continue after about a month. Now I always get one from within walking distance (neighbors live in, plus another who is only about 10 minutes walking distance away)

Good luck. If all else fails u might have to pay me to do it :lol:

For the record - I'm good but expensive :P

Lol what

Did I say something funny? :o

You pay for quality

Plus I'm a bit of a neat and clean fanatic. :P Even with a cleaner coming in 3 times a week I still do my own cleaning around the place constantly :D