Better Security For Credit Cards

Visa introduces new credit card with keyboard and a display for better security

1_node.jpeg

Visa Europe has announced introduction of a new credit card completed with a keypad and digital number display. The new card called Visa CodeSure is of the same size as a commonly-used credit card but it has a small 12-buttonkeyboard and screen necessary to generate a constantly changing series of unique security passwords. And of course there is a small battery designed to power the security system for 3 years.

The use of the card is very simple. The user enters their PIN code on the keypad, and the system generates a unique password consisting of letters and numbers which are to be used for the Internet purchases. This allows to keep users and their account secure while shopping online.

In many ways, Visa CodeSure is a standard Visa chip card. It can be used just like any other Visa card to conduct transactions at the point of sale and ATMs. It can also be issued as a debit card, a credit card, a prepaid card or a commercial card. And it is fully compliant with other Visa solutions such as Verified by Visa.

Source: ecommerce-journal.com/node/28935

Here's a larger image of this new type of credit card, the technology for which appears to come from Emue Technologies in Australia.

HB2VTpq0_Pxgen_r_636x432.jpg

Image source: Blick, 2010-11-12

This technology seems to have been around for some years already (http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2007/10/self-authentica/) and is now being used by Visa in Europe. I wonder if I will get a replacement of my current Visa card or if I will have to wait until it expires in two years.

Here's a larger image of this new type of credit card, the technology for which appears to come from Emue Technologies in Australia.

HB2VTpq0_Pxgen_r_636x432.jpg

Image source: Blick, 2010-11-12

This technology seems to have been around for some years already (http://www.wired.com...elf-authentica/) and is now being used by Visa in Europe. I wonder if I will get a replacement of my current Visa card or if I will have to wait until it expires in two years.

I like that your user alias doesn't prevent you from referring a VISA product :)