Fish

harry1

hi guys

coming over in a couple of weeks for christmas--yeah santa coming,,,bought my g/f family many things over the last few yrs from sugar plants,,tractor etc etc

anyway this yr i have offered to put some fish in the man made lake they have,,always been something of interest to me as a keen angler,,agreed to pay about 5000bt,,should get a

tidy ammount of fish for that and i'm off to the local fish farm to pick myself

so its not a money problem but as i said its something of interest so a little concerned on how to keep them alive as the water is still and stagnent,,is there a cheap and easy

way to sort this problem,,is it a problem at all,,would like to be catching a wopper in a couple of yrs time if they have not been caught and eaten before me(nik noi prob there)

would like to here from members who have there own fish lake,,all aspects from disease--what to feed them--problems in rainy and hot season--everything really

take care all

Harry, how about frogs? They tend to be a very popular delicacy here.

As far as i am aware of, people have to change the water in a pond from time to time. The local farmers have special equipment for that. Also, people say that the chicken's shit makes fish grow faster.

For the future references, please don't plunge your body into a pond recklessly, as i had done it ,before spotting two snakes in my pond.

If not a secret, could you tell us please about that tractor and price you'd paid for it?

Edited by neverback

You will need to give a bit more detail in order to get much advise, things like pond size and depth ,water source ,what goes into the pond (effluent etc).

5k will buy you 15000 Pla Nin or Pla Duk fry ,fingerling or on grown small fish ,up to 5 baht each.

For recreational purposes ,always UNDERstock otherwise you will have neverending demands for food money.

You will need to give a bit more detail in order to get much advise, things like pond size and depth ,water source ,what goes into the pond (effluent etc).

5k will buy you 15000 Pla Nin or Pla Duk fry ,fingerling or on grown small fish ,up to 5 baht each.

For recreational purposes ,always UNDERstock otherwise you will have neverending demands for food money.

yup...just like the tractor..." Honey, tractor spoil, parts wear and tear, please send money..." :huh: