Dual Sim Mobile Phone

rics21

i was wondering if there is any GPS mobile phones, with or without Android or Window mobile, and equipped with dual sim standby.

i looked thru the thaimobilecenter.com has figured out that there no not mobile phones of that spec.

but i still aint sure.

anyone here has experience of using Gnet or imobile? i m choosing between the Samsung E2152 and the gnet and imobile phones.

I'm looking at a Nokia N97 mini 8 GB Unlocked Phone, Free GPS with Voice Navigation and Navigation/Car Kit on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Unlocked-Navigation-Kit-U-S-Warranty/dp/B002WB2P4O/ref=pd_ts_cps_11?ie=UTF8&s=wireless

It has free GPS downloads for life w/ Ovi Maps for Thailand and 73 other countries.

I don't know how well GPS will work and it only has 1 sim card. It's wifi and bluetooth stereo.

It is also 3G has 5MP cam, touch screen and qwerty keyboard and is quad band for $300.

My interest is mainly for the GPS. Any thoughts?

I have a Nokia E71 and find the GPS and maps v. useful all around Bangkok where it has never let me down. I couldn't get any GPS readings in Tokyo - ironically in Nokia's homeland, but then a lot of technology in Japan, once the home of gadgetry, seemed to be creakingly old now. It worked well one day in Penang and not so well on other days, so I wouldn't stake my life on it. Download and update the Ovi software and maps well in advance of any trip - leaving it to the last minute is asking for trouble as updates will appear from nowhere and the website is flakey.

It does not use up credit to check position and view maps - only to update maps or download audio instructions for GPS routes to destinations; however, something deducted a bunch of baht from my 12call account shortly after arrival in Penang, so I kept the handset in 'offline' mode - this did not affect the basic GPS/maps functions (when they worked).

I have a Nokia E71 and find the GPS and maps v. useful all around Bangkok where it has never let me down. I couldn't get any GPS readings in Tokyo - ironically in Nokia's homeland, but then a lot of technology in Japan, once the home of gadgetry, seemed to be creakingly old now. It worked well one day in Penang and not so well on other days, so I wouldn't stake my life on it. Download and update the Ovi software and maps well in advance of any trip - leaving it to the last minute is asking for trouble as updates will appear from nowhere and the website is flakey.

It does not use up credit to check position and view maps - only to update maps or download audio instructions for GPS routes to destinations; however, something deducted a bunch of baht from my 12call account shortly after arrival in Penang, so I kept the handset in 'offline' mode - this did not affect the basic GPS/maps functions (when they worked).

The bad GPS readings must have been a case of mistaken identity: Nokia is a actually Finish company.

• 2 months later...

The bad GPS readings must have been a case of mistaken identity: Nokia is a actually Finish company.

They are still around, not finished yet laugh.gif

For our western cousins Nokia is from Finland so in effect Finnish company. Finland, where santa really lives, is located east from New York, just before Moskow.