Thailand To Extradite Russian Arms Dealer Viktor Bout To US: PM Abhisit

webfact

Is this thead about Iraq?

Most threads seem to have two components. One is the topic and the other is everyones distaste for US policy.

I thought this one was about Viktor Bout but I could be wrong.

So if people see the extradition as US policy then they have the right to discuss US policy, like it or not your mob are not very well liked at the moment, and 'yeehawing' over this matter is quite pathetic tbh, it just shows you for what you are, and trust me on this, what you are is very far from what you would like to be.

Interesting thought. So if I think the Aussies treated their indigenous population poorly I could be a pedo in Thailand and not get extradited back to Australia? Or if the Brits killed a lot of Indians before independence I could smuggle drugs and not expect to face trial in England?

You mean it is relevant to discuss a countries policies when evaluation any legal issues of people who break that countries laws? How far back should we go? Vietnam seems to come up a lot. Maybe you could give me a rule of thumb. I could also use some insight as to what policies. Just military or things like killing homosexuals or mutilating women or forced marriage. You know what kinds of policies should one look at to evaluate extradition proceedings?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this thead about Iraq?

Most threads seem to have two components. One is the topic and the other is everyones distaste for US policy.

I thought this one was about Viktor Bout but I could be wrong.

So if people see the extradition as US policy then they have the right to discuss US policy, like it or not your mob are not very well liked at the moment, and 'yeehawing' over this matter is quite pathetic tbh, it just shows you for what you are, and trust me on this, what you are is very far from what you would like to be.

Interesting thought. So if I think the Aussies treated their indigenous population poorly I could be a pedo in Thailand and not get extradited back to Australia? Or if the Brits killed a lot of Indians before independence I could smuggle drugs and not expect to face trial in England?

You mean it is relevant to discuss a countries policies when evaluation any legal issues of people who break that countries laws? How far back should we go? Vietnam seems to come up a lot. Maybe you could give me a rule of thumb. I could also use some insight as to what policies. Just military or things like killing homosexuals or mutilating women or forced marriage. You know what kinds of policies should one look at to evaluate extradition proceedings?

Of course it is relevant, it is not off topic, your country went after a man that had not committed any crimes on your soil or against your people, you went after him after setting up a spurious meeting to see if he would sell weapons to FARC, you coerced Thailand to get involved in this even though Thailand does not recognize FARC as a terrorist organization. This is relevant to any other policy we see fit to discuss when it involves the US, the main things in here I see though are not aimed at the policy of the US, it seems to aimed at the pointless 'yeehawing' which really does nobody any favours, after all you were not involve din this yourself so why the celebration?

All that has happened here is the removal of competition, when will you go after the americans that sold weapons to the taliban that are now being used agaisnt allied troops? Or is it ok when one of your own sells weapons that are used agaisnt your own, its only when a nasty russian does it that you forget about hypocrisy.

Reply to Random.

You didn't answer my questions. Is it only relevant for America or is any other country liable for evaluation of its extradition policy based on foreign policy or past actions. Should all of Thailand's extradition proceedings be based on the policies and actions of the governments involved or only treaty obligations? How far back should we go? Vietnam seems to come up a lot. Maybe you could give me a rule of thumb. I could also use some insight as to what policies. Just military or things like killing homosexuals or mutilating women or forced marriage. You know what kinds of policies should one look at to evaluate extradition proceedings?