Personal Papers

oldgent

hi everyone not sure if this is the right forum or not. but i need advice. a lady friend of mine ( of good family not bar girl just simple thai lady) stupidly let herself be taken in by a foriegn gent who led her to believe that he could make a better life for her and her family.he is in posession of her passport and personal papers, he is refusing to give them back, as she no longer wishes to be associeted with him. because he is already married to which she found out.. he has threatened to kill her. knowing thai ladies they are frightened to go to the police and she is very scared of this man. what can she do or me for that matter. please sound advice only

She needs to go to the police, holding someones passport is illegal.

As an alternative, she could report her passport/papers stolen and get new ones...you dont state whether she is in Thailand or another country

sorry soutpeel yes she is in thailand not sure where he is though thanks for the reply oldgent

Sorry ,I missed replying to the "scared " bit. Tell her have no fear . She will be protected. It seems no-one knows where this man is. That does make it more difficult to prosecute. It may well turn out it is simply better to report the theft and apply for a replacement passport. As to the other documents that were stolen, how important are they?That is where the police will come in, if they can find the man.

She needs to report it to the police.Passport theft is a very serious crime.She should also contact the office where she got her passport. Reporting it as stolen. in both cases ,she will need to provide full details.

thanks spoonman thanks afarang. thanks for the advice i wiil tell her to report it stolen and take it from there

She needs to report it to the police.Passport theft is a very serious crime.She should also contact the office where she got her passport. Reporting it as stolen. in both cases ,she will need to provide full details.

thanks spoonman thanks afarang. thanks for the advice i wiil tell her to report it stolen and take it from there

and she could also add to her report....who "stole" it....might get some action as well

Also if you know the nationality of expat concerned, you may want to drop the embassy concerned a quick email as well

Edited by Soutpeel

afarang they are what she calls her house papers

Sorry ,I missed replying to the "scared " bit. Tell her have no fear . She will be protected. It seems no-one knows where this man is. That does make it more difficult to prosecute. It may well turn out it is simply better to report the theft and apply for a replacement passport. As to the other documents that were stolen, how important are they?That is where the police will come in, if they can find the man.

afarang she calls them her house papers to which what means i dont know most probabley her indentification health number and such like. i will ask tomorrow to explain to me. thanks again

That sounds a bit like her Tabian ban, house registration ,and maybe her health card,NO farang is ever allowed to have possession of ANY Thai documents. That is a serious crime. Yes, it is time it was also reported to his Embassy.

I hope I am not thrown in Jail for having a "Yellow Tabien Bahn", Thai Driving License and Thai marraige certificate... all my own and in my name of course. :whistling:

sorry afarang could not resist!

Edited by maprao

She should file a police report and do whatever she can to make sure that the Police go to his home to question him when his new wife is around.

The Police might press charges but if his new wife is Thai you can almost guarantee the guy's life will be made a misery when she finds out he's got his hooks into another woman.

I'm sorry this sounds a bit strange to me, a foreign geaser inThailand scaring and holding passport and documents of a Thai lady, he is in a lot of trouble not her and you say you know her and speak to her, tell to come to you or go and get her yourself you pussy foot and go down the bloody police station with her you clown or PM me and will do it for you.

That sounds a bit like her Tabian ban, house registration ,and maybe her health card,NO farang is ever allowed to have possession of ANY Thai documents. That is a serious crime. Yes, it is time it was also reported to his Embassy.

I hope I am not thrown in Jail for having a "Yellow Tabien Bahn", Thai Driving License and Thai marraige certificate... all my own and in my name of course. :whistling:

O.K.,point taken. Sorry but I thought it was obvious ,that I was referring to a Thai persons THAI DOCUMENTS.By the way ,the word is spelt tabian. It is also considered more correct to spell That word .as MARRIAGE .I do hope it is a happy and successful one

O.K.,point taken. Sorry but I thought it was obvious ,that I was referring to a Thai persons THAI DOCUMENTS.By the way ,the word is spelt tabian. It is also considered more correct to spell That word .as MARRIAGE .I do hope it is a happy and successful one

afarang Glad you have a sense of humour. Touché on the spelling (English teacher by chance?). Spelling of the yellow book I will not argue about as the one I have only has Thai words and no English words in it.

Yes thanks it is a very successful one, marriage that is, 10 plus years and better every year.

Of course in the case in the original post they should refer the matter to the proper authorities.

Ps I hold all my wife’s Thai documents in my safe illegal as it may be! I have the combination…………..

but only she has the combination and the key! :lol:

edited for spelling corrections :lol:

Edited by maprao

Step 1. Report crime of stolen documents and potential identity theft. Receive copies of police report.

Step 2. Have those stolen documents annulled/canceled/retracted and replaced by new documents.

Step 3. Report to the "gents" embassy about his criminal activities (supply copies of police reports).

Step 4. Inform immigration about the criminal activity. Show police reports. Perhaps they are helpful enough to flag him and if he tries to exit the country he'll get held until the situation can be cleared.

Step 5. Ensure no new credit card have been opened in her name at any bank, nor any new credit taken out to purchase cars and other consumables.

If any credit has been opened, cancel them with the motivation that her identity has been compromised. Show police reports.

The criminal is at fault, not the Thai woman.

Edited by filingaccount

I'm sorry this sounds a bit strange to me, a foreign geaser inThailand scaring and holding passport and documents of a Thai lady, he is in a lot of trouble not her and you say you know her and speak to her, tell to come to you or go and get her yourself you pussy foot and go down the bloody police station with her you clown or PM me and will do it for you.

thanks kwasaki. unfortunately im not in thailand at the moment. i will be there next month. and will certinaly do as you say. the lady is so scared and embarassed about how stupid she was.

Step 1. Report crime of stolen documents and potential identity theft. Receive copies of police report.

Step 2. Have those stolen documents annulled/canceled/retracted and replaced by new documents.

Step 3. Report to the "gents" embassy about his criminal activities (supply copies of police reports).

Step 4. Inform immigration about the criminal activity. Show police reports. Perhaps they are helpful enough to flag him and if he tries to exit the country he'll get held until the situation can be cleared.

Step 5. Ensure no new credit card have been opened in her name at any bank, nor any new credit taken out to purchase cars and other consumables.

If any credit has been opened, cancel them with the motivation that her identity has been compromised. Show police reports.

The criminal is at fault, not the Thai woman.

thanks filingaccount. for your well presented sound advice. i never thought about the credit card thanks. i have told her to report this matter to the authorities she said she would do . i will be seeing her next month then i can taxe care of it

What you have are given to you by Thailand they are yours and worth nothing (only to you) and easy to aquire, not quite the same! :rolleyes:

What you have are given to you by Thailand they are yours and worth nothing (only to you) and easy to aquire, not quite the same! :rolleyes:

mmm Thai driving licence.... Allows me to drive totally legally in Thailand. As I found out recently when someone hit me. The insurance company rep was at the scene within 30 minutes taking pictures and filling forms out. He also informed me that it was lucky I had just renewed my 5 year Thai license as if I was driving on my EU or states side license they would not have considered me covered (Class 1 Insurance check your small print in your policy documents guys).

Yellow Tabian Bahn: No embassy letter required to renew my Driving license. Accepted as proof of address in lieu of embassy letter everywhere I have needed it. Saving a few dollars and trip to Bangkok.

Marriage certificate: allows my wife and son to accompany me wherever I work in the world for lots of money!

You are correct all benefits to me :whistling: . All very useful indeed :rolleyes: . Do you have either of the first 2? The only person that I would bow to comments like yours at the end of your post is the guy on this forum who obtained his Thai citizenship in 2007.

This also applies to all my other documents such as passport, home country driving license etc, only useful to me. Guess I should not apply for them either. :whistling::D

However we are all entitled to our opinions and that is the beauty about this forum. :jap:

Anyway :offtopic2: for both of us lets concentrate on the Lady's issues but please do not let this stop you posting as to whether you have those documents.

Edited by maprao

This story doesnt make sense, she is Thai, he is falang, he risks his life by doing anything bad against Thais in their own country.. what is the problem here? Thais are very proud and protective, if one guy attacks me 12 more complete strangers will jump in and help him just assuming Im the bad guy. She needs to report this to EVERYBODY. Police or some random Thai crazy will fuc_k him up in short order.

Tell her to dog his ass to the police for stealing the passport.

pick up an off duty cop ,

moonlighting at the gold shop ..

and take him with you to meet scum bag farang ..

do a deal with the cop b4 .. 1000 bht.

I can believe that she is scared of him. There are lots of scary foreigners in Thailand. I can also believe that she feels that going to the police will only compound her problems. I would also guess that there is a significant element of "loss of face" involved. However, she needs to cancel/replace the documents as soon as possible. I would guess that this could be done without too much explanation if this is her desire, but she would be doing others a service if she took the full disclosure route and got this guy shipped out of Thailand.

I heard similar stories before. The guys were "recruiting agents" for overseas brothels, not really nice guys actually, and he should have been pretty upset when the lady got (so smart of her) cold feet at the last moment.

The best thing to do is to report the papers lost or stolen. If he call again, let him know the police has been informed, these people don't usually like this kind of publicity and she will probably never hear of him again.

mmm Thai driving licence.... Allows me to drive totally legally in Thailand. As I found out recently when someone hit me. The insurance company rep was at the scene within 30 minutes taking pictures and filling forms out. He also informed me that it was lucky I had just renewed my 5 year Thai license as if I was driving on my EU or states side license they would not have considered me covered (Class 1 Insurance check your small print in your policy documents guys).

Yellow Tabian Bahn: No embassy letter required to renew my Driving license. Accepted as proof of address in lieu of embassy letter everywhere I have needed it. Saving a few dollars and trip to Bangkok.

Marriage certificate: allows my wife and son to accompany me wherever I work in the world for lots of money!

You are correct all benefits to me :whistling: . All very useful indeed :rolleyes: . Do you have either of the first 2? The only person that I would bow to comments like yours at the end of your post is the guy on this forum who obtained his Thai citizenship in 2007.

This also applies to all my other documents such as passport, home country driving license etc, only useful to me. Guess I should not apply for them either. :whistling::D

However we are all entitled to our opinions and that is the beauty about this forum. :jap:

Anyway :offtopic2: for both of us lets concentrate on the Lady's issues but please do not let this stop you posting as to whether you have those documents.

Yes I have both the documents the Thai driving license I swopped for a IDL and the yellow Tabian Bahn I swopped for a Liverpool football shirt, good eh! and you are right get back to the topic :rolleyes:

On my way back home I was talking with a colleague of mine about this story and my "theory" about the bad "recruiting agent". He listened, read the thread then pointed out a few flaws in my theory.

First why did I think he was trying to take her abroad? I answered because of the passport.

Then why did he need the "other" papers and how did he gets them ? He stole them or did she give them voluntarily to him ?

He said the main flaw in my theory was my basic assumption girl = good, man = bad. He said it was totally possible that what really happen was she borrowed money from the guy, he kept the personal papers as collateral, she can't /won't give back the money. He is getting angry. She wants to disappear but can't because he still has her papers ...

I have to say his theory makes sense too.

Would the OP mind giving us more details ? 200 Bahts are at stake !