Schools In Pattaya?

Andyfez

We have two kids aged 7 and 5 and need to find a school for them for next term.

Can anyone recommend any good schools?

When we Google the internet we only find a couple before it moves on to language / cookery/ sailing schools etc......

We had heard that Maryvit was good, but might be hard to get into?

Any others?

Yes, it depends if you are looking for a private Thai school or an international school.

If you are thinking of an international school that has a Western curriculum, then there is ISE (east of Sri Racha on Burapha Golf Course - 20 minute drive from Pattaya)- American Curriculum. There is the Regent school, which is along the highway outside of Pattaya- British curriculum.

Both schools are on the expensive side (both for profit - no school board of parents). Both schools having a different curriculum is not the only difference. ISE (International School Eastern Seaboard) has a more experienced staff (masters and plus) which stays longer which adds to the stability of the curriculum. Regent's staff tends to be younger, less experienced and more transient. Regent is a larger school - ISE is a lot smaller. From the Thai minister of education, ISE is classified as a "international school" since its number of Thais is below 30percent, the rest are from other countries; whereas the majority of Rejent's nationality is from Thailand. Regent has an auditorium, ISE does not. Regent tends to have a budget in promoting its school, ISE does not - it seems to be in incognito -WHY????

It is best to personally look at both campuses and see what the early year programs have to offer for your child.

We were looking for a bilingual school, but Regents is too expensive.......

My son has been going to Assumption in Sri Racha ,his english is excellent,the school is extremly well run ,a friend of ours son went to Regents which is far too expensive i feel and even he said he wished he had sent his son to Assumption.

there are private mini buses from Pattaya to and from the school.

Try the Montessori International, its muchcheaper than Regents.

Depending on where you live there's REPS in Ban Chang, and Garden International.

All have a good reputation.

There is also Wuttichot which is bilingual but I don't know how good / bad it is.

Wuttichot is very bad in my opinion .....