Htc Smartphone Software Update

jor

I've got an HTC Wildfire purchased in Europe and have been able to update the device's software (android 2.1) where I'm working in rural Vietnam. Looks like if you can connect your device to the internet wherever you are you just activate the pre-installed software update feature et voila..I presume that out here in the boonies we are on a GSM/EDGE signal and not 3G...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

My Google Nexus One by HTC bought in the US and running an AIS pay-as-u-go SIM just prompted that a system update was available and is now running 2.2.1

I have not been able to get my Nexus one to complete the installation for any of the OTA updates, when I phoned HTC they did not know what the Nexus one is . I get the OTA but it keeps aborting. Did you have the same problem at some stage?

My Google Nexus One by HTC bought in the US and running an AIS pay-as-u-go SIM just prompted that a system update was available and is now running 2.2.1

I have not been able to get my Nexus one to complete the installation for any of the OTA updates, when I phoned HTC they did not know what the Nexus one is . I get the OTA but it keeps aborting. Did you have the same problem at some stage?

This is the problem I have with a European HTC Desire - the upgrade downloads but will not install.

This is the problem I have with a European HTC Desire - the upgrade downloads but will not install.

on yer device try settings>about phone>system software updates and see what happens...the update when detected online is automatically installed like with windows on a PC and needs no intervention...I wouldn't try to independently download an update from a website and then try to install...

you can also refer to the ponderous owner's manual (available online) for device specific information...

Edited by tutsiwarrior