Guess The Courier

2 boxes from Hong Kong addressed to Koh Samui.

Collected in Hong Kong - very early Fri 12 Nov

Left HK morning Fri 12 Nov

Arrived Cincinnati USA early morning Sat 13 Nov

Left Cincinnati USA morning Sat 13 Nov

Arrived HK afternoon Sun 14 Nov

Left HK evening Mon 15 Nov

Arrived Bangkok early morning Tue 16 Nov

Left Bangkok morning Tue 16 Nov

Arrived Phuket morning Wed 17 Nov

Left Phuket afternoon Wed 17 Nov

Arrived Hong Kong early Fri 19 Nov

Left Hong Kong very early morning Fri 19 Nov

Arrived Bangkok early morning Fri 19 Nov

Left Bangkok early morning Fri 19 Nov

Arrived Phuket mid morning Fri 19 Nov

Left Phuket late afternoon Fri 19 Nov

Arrived Bangkok early morning Sat 20 Nov

Last statement

Delivery arranged no details expected.

Two packages arrived by EMS this morning.

This is all despite the courier company being told from the start (Friday 12 Nov) that the destination shown on their tracking page was wrong.

Downright hopeless logistics.

DHL for sure. They were going to be called DHK (Don't Honestly Know) but they mistyped it when they registered the name B)

Correct. What is even better is that they have still only delivered two of the three boxes sent.

Unbelievable.

I sent the tracking schedule to the head of DHL in Germany (DHL is owned by Deutsche Post) to see if he saw the funny side of this!

DHL for sure. They were going to be called DHK (Don't Honestly Know) but they mistyped it when they registered the name B)

Correct. What is even better is that they have still only delivered two of the three boxes sent.

Unbelievable.

I sent the tracking schedule to the head of DHL in Germany (DHL is owned by Deutsche Post) to see if he saw the funny side of this!

I stopped using DHL about 7/8 years ago.

I have stuff couriered to me from quite a few places around the world, but the ONLY time that I had to pay 'import tax' is with DHL in Bangkok. Every time. If I wanted a receipt, it was extra! They always told me that to collect the items I would have to go to Bangkok, pay the tax and then they could release it. No way said I - send it back to sender!

Eventually they would accept payment in Samui.

I cannot understand how all of the Formula 1 cars are always there on time!

A China supplier who was trying to send me some product samples had to abandon his efforts to send to me because DHL China informed him Koh Samui did not exist on DHL's computer map of the world, despite DHL listing a Koh Samui Rep Office on their website.

Fedex delivered the parcel to Samui within two days without any hassle.... other than they delivered it to a neighbour not me, and were happy to accept a Thai womans signature as mine, luckly honest neighbour and not valuable :jap: