American Football

ChuckZ

I don't think there is a market here for the type of coverage they give soccer, but there is a big enough market here for them to pay to telecast more than the two games in the middle of the night during the season as well as ALL playoff games. They could even have their commentators doing the half time show instead of that constant Patriot/Charger replay. Even you must get tired of seeing that replay.

I think you are right in that the key is to start politicking for more games well before the season starts.

Well, as an alternative, OMR, I definitely believe that they could do VERY well with a single channel, dedicated entirely to American sports. How's that sound? NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NASCAR, all on one channel; with sports news shows daily.

They have about 75 active channels on TrueV. Are you telling me that a channel with programming such as I described wouldn't get as many viewers as, say, the bottom 50% or so of those channels? I think it would actually be somewhere in the top 20. I do NOT, however, believe that TrueV has the contacts, or the know-how, to organize such a channel.

As I wrote in my PM to you, I think you are exactly correct on the above. By having its own American football analysts, TrueV is admitting that they know there is a market for American football in Thailand. They already know there is a market for professional baseball and basketball, as well as PGA tournaments and tennis tournaments from the US. They probably aren't sure about the NHL or NASCAR (I'm not sure here either), but any interest here would be just gravy because there is enough interest in the other sports.

My campaign will continue. I received a prompt intial reply from TrueV, as I usually do for such notes. Below is a copy of their response, and my follow up to it. I encourage any of you who have the time and interest to do so to join me in this campaign. It will really help if we can convince TrueV that they have an enthusiastic audience ready to support them, if they give us easier, more consistent coverage, of our sports!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:03 PM

To: George

Subject: RE: An American Sports Channel

Dear Khun. George:

For your request on more American Sports, TrueVisions has offered extensive American sports categories from NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA Tour, NCAA games to boxing and wrestling and will strive to improve of our sports program line-up consistent with what the subscribers told us about their viewing interests. Your suggestions are appreciated and will be referred to the program providers for further consideration.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your prompt response to my request.

I do realize that there are some broadcasts of those sports you mention. Although, I must note that American "Professional Wrestling" should NOT be classified as a "sport". It is a form of entertainment; but is certainly not a sport, with honest competition. It's a rehearsed demonstration of a combination of acrobatics, and very bad acting, with a pre-determined outcome.

That said, I feel that the coverage of America's most popular sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) is far below the level that followers of those sports would enjoy, and enthusiastically support. In the just completed NFL season, we got only 2 games per week during the regular season; and only 1/2 of the Playoff games. Similarly, there are only a couple of games per week of NBA and MLB games; both of which have games played nearly every day of their seasons. NHL broadcasts are very rare; and that sport, too, has games nearly every day of its' season.

I suggest, again, that you consider dedicating one channel to exclusively covering American sports, you would find that to be a very successful channel. In view of the number of games played in the sports mentioned, you could easily fill 24 hours with a combination of "live" and nearly immediate replays of games and matches; PLUS (and this is a key point) broadcasts of American sports news shows.

I believe that you have restrictions placed upon you by the Thai government with regard to paid advertising. This, if true, is unfortunate, since I know that there are licensing costs involved in acquiring the rights to broadcast many of these games. A channel such as I have suggested could bring you a significant amount of income to offset those costs, if you were allowed to seek, and air, paid advertisements for products and services during the commercial breaks that occur during the American broadcasts. Is there any chance that you can get permission from the Thai government to seek such revenue?

I would very much appreciate it if you would continue a dialog with me (and, through me, my many friends here in Thailand) on this subject. I would like to discuss the programming content ideas, and the costs and options available to you to establish a UNITED STATES SPORTS channel. Please let me know if such a dialog is possible.

George

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is a market here for the type of coverage they give soccer, but there is a big enough market here for them to pay to telecast more than the two games in the middle of the night during the season as well as ALL playoff games. They could even have their commentators doing the half time show instead of that constant Patriot/Charger replay. Even you must get tired of seeing that replay.

I think you are right in that the key is to start politicking for more games well before the season starts.

Well, as an alternative, OMR, I definitely believe that they could do VERY well with a single channel, dedicated entirely to American sports. How's that sound? NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and NASCAR, all on one channel; with sports news shows daily.

They have about 75 active channels on TrueV. Are you telling me that a channel with programming such as I described wouldn't get as many viewers as, say, the bottom 50% or so of those channels? I think it would actually be somewhere in the top 20. I do NOT, however, believe that TrueV has the contacts, or the know-how, to organize such a channel.

As I wrote in my PM to you, I think you are exactly correct on the above. By having its own American football analysts, TrueV is admitting that they know there is a market for American football in Thailand. They already know there is a market for professional baseball and basketball, as well as PGA tournaments and tennis tournaments from the US. They probably aren't sure about the NHL or NASCAR (I'm not sure here either), but any interest here would be just gravy because there is enough interest in the other sports.

My campaign will continue. I received a prompt intial reply from TrueV, as I usually do for such notes. Below is a copy of their response, and my follow up to it. I encourage any of you who have the time and interest to do so to join me in this campaign. It will really help if we can convince TrueV that they have an enthusiastic audience ready to support them, if they give us easier, more consistent coverage, of our sports!

Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 12:03 PM

To: George

Subject: RE: An American Sports Channel

Dear Khun. George:

For your request on more American Sports, TrueVisions has offered extensive American sports categories from NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, PGA Tour, NCAA games to boxing and wrestling and will strive to improve of our sports program line-up consistent with what the subscribers told us about their viewing interests. Your suggestions are appreciated and will be referred to the program providers for further consideration.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your prompt response to my request.

I do realize that there are some broadcasts of those sports you mention. Although, I must note that American "Professional Wrestling" should NOT be classified as a "sport". It is a form of entertainment; but is certainly not a sport, with honest competition. It's a rehearsed demonstration of a combination of acrobatics, and very bad acting, with a pre-determined outcome.

That said, I feel that the coverage of America's most popular sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) is far below the level that followers of those sports would enjoy, and enthusiastically support. In the just completed NFL season, we got only 2 games per week during the regular season; and only 1/2 of the Playoff games. Similarly, there are only a couple of games per week of NBA and MLB games; both of which have games played nearly every day of their seasons. NHL broadcasts are very rare; and that sport, too, has games nearly every day of its' season.

I suggest, again, that you consider dedicating one channel to exclusively covering American sports, you would find that to be a very successful channel. In view of the number of games played in the sports mentioned, you could easily fill 24 hours with a combination of "live" and nearly immediate replays of games and matches; PLUS (and this is a key point) broadcasts of American sports news shows.

I believe that you have restrictions placed upon you by the Thai government with regard to paid advertising. This, if true, is unfortunate, since I know that there are licensing costs involved in acquiring the rights to broadcast many of these games. A channel such as I have suggested could bring you a significant amount of income to offset those costs, if you were allowed to seek, and air, paid advertisements for products and services during the commercial breaks that occur during the American broadcasts. Is there any chance that you can get permission from the Thai government to seek such revenue?

I would very much appreciate it if you would continue a dialog with me (and, through me, my many friends here in Thailand) on this subject. I would like to discuss the programming content ideas, and the costs and options available to you to establish a UNITED STATES SPORTS channel. Please let me know if such a dialog is possible.

George

Whoever responded to you was just blowing smoke as they know full well that it has been more than 5 years since UBC has carried the NHL.

Is there any cable channel in Asia that carries just US sports? Kind of an umbrella station that picks up US sports from the different networks in the US? If not, then I can't see TrueVisions being a leader in this. It would be nice, but until they sell advertisements and advertisers want to specifically reach the US sport related audience, they won't have any interest in an all US channel (as good as it does sound to us).

NFL football is different as many, many Thai's went to university in the US and love American football as we do. Truevisions already knows they have a local market for American football (hence, the increase in NCAA football televised this year). Knowing this made their inability to televise all the NFL playoff games this year all the more pathetic.

Whoever responded to you was just blowing smoke as they know full well that it has been more than 5 years since UBC has carried the NHL.

Is there any cable channel in Asia that carries just US sports? Kind of an umbrella station that picks up US sports from the different networks in the US? If not, then I can't see TrueVisions being a leader in this. It would be nice, but until they sell advertisements and advertisers want to specifically reach the US sport related audience, they won't have any interest in an all US channel (as good as it does sound to us).

NFL football is different as many, many Thai's went to university in the US and love American football as we do. Truevisions already knows they have a local market for American football (hence, the increase in NCAA football televised this year). Knowing this made their inability to televise all the NFL playoff games this year all the more pathetic.

Yeah. I didn't bother to note to them that I don't recall ever seeing an NHL game here during my 3 years of residence.

To my knowledge, there is no Asian cable or satellite system with "All American" channel. While I agree that it would be a major surprise if Thailand took the lead in this; as it would surprise me if Thailand ever took the lead in anything! :o But I go with the philosophy that it's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried. :D

As I've stated before, I'm very much a one trick pony. I WANT MY NFL! As I suggested to them earlier, my preference, truth be known, would be a 24/7/360 NFL station! NFL Network, interrupted only for both 'live' and replayed broadcasts of games. If I were doing the programming, the game broadcasts would include the 2 Sunday afternoon games, and ALL nationally broadcast games on Thursdays, Saturdays, Sunday nights, and Monday nights. I'd add to that, replays of as many more of the 14-16 games played each week as possible each Monday - a real "NFL DAY"! I only suggested the "All American Sports" idea in case it sounded more attractive to them.

In any case, I WILL keep hammering. I'll also continue to hope that you, and others who love their American sports (whichever they may be) as much as I love the NFL, will join me in the campaign. We really need to be a VERY LOUD squeaky wheel if we want to get the attention it will take for meaningful action of some kind from TrueV. Keep telling them that we appreciate their effort, but we want, and will support, much more! :D:D

Yeah. I didn't bother to note to them that I don't recall ever seeing an NHL game here during my 3 years of residence.

To my knowledge, there is no Asian cable or satellite system with "All American" channel. While I agree that it would be a major surprise if Thailand took the lead in this; as it would surprise me if Thailand ever took the lead in anything! :o But I go with the philosophy that it's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried. :D

As I've stated before, I'm very much a one trick pony. I WANT MY NFL! As I suggested to them earlier, my preference, truth be known, would be a 24/7/360 NFL station! NFL Network, interrupted only for both 'live' and replayed broadcasts of games. If I were doing the programming, the game broadcasts would include the 2 Sunday afternoon games, and ALL nationally broadcast games on Thursdays, Saturdays, Sunday nights, and Monday nights. I'd add to that, replays of as many more of the 14-16 games played each week as possible each Monday - a real "NFL DAY"! I only suggested the "All American Sports" idea in case it sounded more attractive to them.

In any case, I WILL keep hammering. I'll also continue to hope that you, and others who love their American sports (whichever they may be) as much as I love the NFL, will join me in the campaign. We really need to be a VERY LOUD squeaky wheel if we want to get the attention it will take for meaningful action of some kind from TrueV. Keep telling them that we appreciate their effort, but we want, and will support, much more! :D:D

We fully agree on more NFL. In my view, it should be their existing two games in the middle of the night and Sunday Night Football (Monday morning) and Monday Night Football (Tuesday morning) plus all the playoff games (there aren't that many). Especially since Truevisions have already identified a Thai demand for NFL games in Thailand. Hence, as I said before, their not showing all the playoff games was pathetic and they should be embarrassed by this.

Hence, as it relates to my comments above, which UBC used to do, Truevisons should at least do this and I will be communicating this to them. I don't expect Truevisions to actually do more than what has already been done, but they should at least do that as the market exists.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to one of my English friends today about his favorite team's chances in the FA Cup and he angrily mentioned that TrueVisions is not televising the FA Cup. My friend said that when Star Sports advertises the FA Cup, they have a note at the bottom saying "Not available in Thailand."

At least we now know that TrueVisions isn't discriminating against Thai's and Americans that love American football, but also Thai's and other nationalities that love soccer. My friend said that many are now looking toward computer downloads and satellite dishes for their favorite sport, just like American football fans are.

I wonder what is going on with True Corporation? They have all these different sports channels, but don't seem to be able to satisfy fans of major sports. They have some great shows, but then seem to miss the really important ones (FA Cup, NFL playoffs, BCS Championship game etc.).

While I am not a fan, the NBA has a pretty large international following.  Couple the NBA, golf, the NFL, MMA, and tennis, and I am sure you would have a pretty large fan base.  The NHL might even have a pretty good base, especially in Pattaya with the large Russian population there.  MLB might be a tougher sell, though.

No matter what, I just get so frustrated when 5 of my 6 sports channels are showing soccer, even games played 10 years ago!

I was talking to one of my English friends today about his favorite team's chances in the FA Cup and he angrily mentioned that TrueVisions is not televising the FA Cup. My friend said that when Star Sports advertises the FA Cup, they have a note at the bottom saying "Not available in Thailand."

At least we now know that TrueVisions isn't discriminating against Thai's and Americans that love American football, but also Thai's and other nationalities that love soccer. My friend said that many are now looking toward computer downloads and satellite dishes for their favorite sport, just like American football fans are.

I wonder what is going on with True Corporation? They have all these different sports channels, but don't seem to be able to satisfy fans of major sports. They have some great shows, but then seem to miss the really important ones (FA Cup, NFL playoffs, BCS Championship game etc.).

I don't think there's any mystery to it at all, OMR. It has to be that TrueV can't, or won't, pay the licensing fees for the major events they don't televise. I'm sure that all championship games have separate, and expensive, licensiing deals.

The villian here, IMO, is the Thai government, for not allowing TrueV to solicit paid advertising. Without that source of income, they'd have to charge much higher fees to pay for those high-end licencing fees; and they don't have the "market research" capabilities to determine the impact that would have on their customer base; or to estimate the number who'd pay a higher fee for access to "special package" that included such games.

I think we, and the fans of other major sports, are SOL, unless the Thai government allows TrueV to solicit paid advertising. I really can't understand why that ban is in place. Thailand seems pretty capitalistic in every other way. Why don't they allow TrueV to go after advertising revenue?

I don't think there's any mystery to it at all, OMR. It has to be that TrueV can't, or won't, pay the licensing fees for the major events they don't televise. I'm sure that all championship games have separate, and expensive, licensiing deals.

The villian here, IMO, is the Thai government, for not allowing TrueV to solicit paid advertising. Without that source of income, they'd have to charge much higher fees to pay for those high-end licencing fees; and they don't have the "market research" capabilities to determine the impact that would have on their customer base; or to estimate the number who'd pay a higher fee for access to "special package" that included such games.

I think we, and the fans of other major sports, are SOL, unless the Thai government allows TrueV to solicit paid advertising. I really can't understand why that ban is in place. Thailand seems pretty capitalistic in every other way. Why don't they allow TrueV to go after advertising revenue?

They do, absolutely, 100% have the market research capabilities in Thailand. While marketing research companies don't work for free, you would apparently be shocked how many companies in Thailand hire these global research companies for studies relating to Thai markets. Some of these global players even have offices in Bangkok with Thai staff.

I am confused on this advertising issue. Everyone seems to think that they can't advertise, but when you watch some of TrueVision's shows, Thai advertiser's logos are plastered on the screen. Hence, TrueVisions is earning some money from advertising.

To tell you the truth, I thought that soccer was sacrosanct in Thailand. I never thought that TrueVisions would stiff soccer fans on a major soccer tournament the way they have stiffed American football fans. By doing this with the FA Cup, which is televised all over Asia, you have to wonder what will TrueVisions begin eliminating next?

Edited by Old Man River

While I am not a fan, the NBA has a pretty large international following.  Couple the NBA, golf, the NFL, MMA, and tennis, and I am sure you would have a pretty large fan base.  The NHL might even have a pretty good base, especially in Pattaya with the large Russian population there.  MLB might be a tougher sell, though.

No matter what, I just get so frustrated when 5 of my 6 sports channels are showing soccer, even games played 10 years ago!

Just accept that soccer is world wide much more popular then American sports. Its a question for supply and demand as you Americans would say. There is a much wider public for soccer. I can understand what you guys want but when there isn't a big enough market for it just wont happen.

Personally having grown up in Holland im supposed to like soccer but i actually hate it. I prefer to sport myself then to watch any sport. The only exception to that rule is when Holland has a chance to win something important (and that is not often).

Just accept that soccer is world wide much more popular then American sports. Its a question for supply and demand as you Americans would say. There is a much wider public for soccer. I can understand what you guys want but when there isn't a big enough market for it just wont happen.

Personally having grown up in Holland im supposed to like soccer but i actually hate it. I prefer to sport myself then to watch any sport. The only exception to that rule is when Holland has a chance to win something important (and that is not often).

While I don't like soccer either, if there is a big enough market for soccer in Thailand, why is the FA Cup being shown all over Asia, but not in Thailand?

While I don't like soccer either, if there is a big enough market for soccer in Thailand, why is the FA Cup being shown all over Asia, but not in Thailand?

I have no clue but the moment i tell any taxi driver im from Holland they start to talk about soccer and speak of some soccer players (who i either don't know or who i do know but they distort the names in such a way i don't know who they were talking about). So i m pretty sure soccer is more alive among the Thais then American Football. So that would suggest a bigger market then American Football, just my 2 cents.

The more popular something is the more it is viewed the more the advertisement proceeds are, so it just doesn't make sense to air things where there isn't a good market for.

I have no clue but the moment i tell any taxi driver im from Holland they start to talk about soccer and speak of some soccer players (who i either don't know or who i do know but they distort the names in such a way i don't know who they were talking about). So i m pretty sure soccer is more alive among the Thais then American Football. So that would suggest a bigger market then American Football, just my 2 cents.

The more popular something is the more it is viewed the more the advertisement proceeds are, so it just doesn't make sense to air things where there isn't a good market for.

There is no question that soccer is bigger in Thailand than American football. Still, there is a market here for American football or Truevisons wouldn't have put together a Thai announcing team and sent a representative to Tampa to report on the SuperBowl.

Despite this, not all the American football playoff games were televised and still, despite the overwhelming support for soccer in Thailand, Truevisions is the only country in Asia that is covered by the Star Sports' footprint that is not televising the FA Cup.

At the end of the day, I don't think it has anything to do with the popularity of either sport in Thailand. While you are right that it is normally and issue of supply and demand, in this case it looks like it has more to do with Truevisions not wanting to spend the money to televise these events regardless of how popular they are among Thai's in Thailand.

There is no question that soccer is bigger in Thailand than American football. Still, there is a market here for American football or Truevisons wouldn't have put together a Thai announcing team and sent a representative to Tampa to report on the SuperBowl.

Despite this, not all the American football playoff games were televised and still, despite the overwhelming support for soccer in Thailand, Truevisions is the only country in Asia that is covered by the Star Sports' footprint that is not televising the FA Cup.

At the end of the day, I don't think it has anything to do with the popularity of either sport in Thailand. While you are right that it is normally and issue of supply and demand, in this case it looks like it has more to do with Truevisions not wanting to spend the money to televise these events regardless of how popular they are among Thai's in Thailand.

I think your right there that it is a money issue. I hope for you that they will start broadcasting those kind of events. For me i really don't like soccer (will look if germany plays holland is an important match). But that is about it for me.

I think your right there that it is a money issue. I hope for you that they will start broadcasting those kind of events. For me i really don't like soccer (will look if germany plays holland is an important match). But that is about it for me.

Actually, my concern is not soccer (I hate it), but rather American football next year and all the other sports that Truevisions has been televising. Since they are the only game in town, they can do whatever they want. Of course, it does look like broadband is coming to Thailand which will make it much easier for many of us to watch games and shows over the internet, meaning Truevisions is going to have some real competition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just found this Thread, haven't read all 73 pages, but it seems there is some work being done to get some real sports on TV, rather than f'in soccer all the time keep up the campaign, would love to see some more NFL, and hopefully one day at least the odd NHL game restored to the tube.

Hi just found this Thread, haven't read all 73 pages, but it seems there is some work being done to get some real sports on TV, rather than f'in soccer all the time keep up the campaign, would love to see some more NFL, and hopefully one day at least the odd NHL game restored to the tube.

Welcome to the Thailand NFL fan club, Den! :D If you read a few of our notes regarding the efforts to put some pressure on True Visions for more NFL (and other sports, like the NHL), you should have noticed that we've been suggesting that those who share our love for those sports join in to help.

Since you're with us, how about adding your voice to ours? Drop a note (or two, or three!) to True Visions, and let them know that you're on our bandwagon! After all, telling US about it doesn't help the cause. :o

i can't believe my Bills just picked up Terrell Owens. good lord...

It's a wide open division, NE's defense is old, their offense on the decline, I mean jeez, Miami (1-15 the year before) won the dam_n division !

The Bills were in the race until their QB went down, I think TO is a good signing there, they definitely need to pick up the pace on offense. 1 year deal...............not too big of a risk.

It's a wide open division, NE's defense is old, their offense on the decline, I mean jeez, Miami (1-15 the year before) won the dam_n division !

The Bills were in the race until their QB went down, I think TO is a good signing there, they definitely need to pick up the pace on offense. 1 year deal...............not too big of a risk.

It appears that you're not keeping up with the news, Huggy. The Patriots still have the best DL in Division, if not in the NFL, with Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren. They have a handful of young LBs from last season (Mayo, Guyton, Crable, Redd, Ruud) to weave in with aging, but still productive, vets, Adalius Thomas and Tedy Bruschi. The secondary still needs help, but they're in position to do that in the Draft; and did add FA Shawn Springs, who has another good year or two left in him.

As for the offense, I have no idea why you feel that it's on the decline! Brady's rehab is going well. Did you see how their offense did last season with Matt Cassel at QB - for the first time since high school?! They've added Fred Taylor to round out a very solid RBBC (Maroney, Sammy Morris, Faulk, Taylor). They have Randy Moss and Wes Welker at WR. Their OL remains intact, with a need for depth that they'll take care of in the Draft. They also added solid depth at TE with Chris Baker. DECLINE?

I am very optimistic about the Patriots chances this season. I see the Jets going down; and the Bills self destructing with their new idiot "Mr ME" WR. The Dolphins will be the Patriots' biggest challenge within the Division this year. But they will come up short.

It appears that you're not keeping up with the news, Huggy. The Patriots still have the best DL in Division, if not in the NFL, with Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren. They have a handful of young LBs from last season (Mayo, Guyton, Crable, Redd, Ruud) to weave in with aging, but still productive, vets, Adalius Thomas and Tedy Bruschi. The secondary still needs help, but they're in position to do that in the Draft; and did add FA Shawn Springs, who has another good year or two left in him.

As for the offense, I have no idea why you feel that it's on the decline! Brady's rehab is going well. Did you see how their offense did last season with Matt Cassel at QB - for the first time since high school?! They've added Fred Taylor to round out a very solid RBBC (Maroney, Sammy Morris, Faulk, Taylor). They have Randy Moss and Wes Welker at WR. Their OL remains intact, with a need for depth that they'll take care of in the Draft. They also added solid depth at TE with Chris Baker. DECLINE?

I am very optimistic about the Patriots chances this season. I see the Jets going down; and the Bills self destructing with their new idiot "Mr ME" WR. The Dolphins will be the Patriots' biggest challenge within the Division this year. But they will come up short.

They certainly could have received more for Cassell. The Pats are a team in transition, but if Brady is healthy they will be dangerous. If not, well, it is time for O'Connell to step up. A good defense is important, but they will have to score points. Cassell and Vrabel gave them some room under the cap, but their acquisitions have them bumping it again.

Really, it all will depend on Brady.

I totally agree on TO and the Cowboys will miss him next year. He is the threat the Bills needed. They were good this year, but will be much better next year with TO.

It's a wide open division, NE's defense is old, their offense on the decline

No worries, we can agree that we disagree.

Brady has to be back. As far as running backs, it's Maroney and a bunch of old guys, if Maroney goes down, it will be tough. OL is a huge question if anyone gets injured, and then in that case look out for open shots on your QB who won't be as mobile as years past with a big old brace on his leg.

Times are a changin, I think both the Jets and the Bills will be better, the years of NE waltzing through a weak ass division to a playoff bye and homefield through, are over. Same for Indy.

huggybear, if you are who I think you are then best wishes to Justin. As a former Los Angeles Raiders season ticket holder I am not gonna root for the old man and the Oakland Raiders but I wish your son the best.

Another question, why don't we get our own forum?

Is American football not as good as soccer?

Edited by Komerican

huggybear, if you are who I think you are then best wishes to Justin. As a former Los Angeles Raiders season ticket holder I am not gonna root for the old man and the Oakland Raiders but I wish your son the best.

C'mon man, through thick and thin (and boy recently we've been thin) you gotta stick with your team.

Look at Patsfangr, I have a friend who is also a big Pasties fan and boy there were some years where I really felt sorry for the guy, we'd be partying it up bigtime on Sunday afternoons and his team would be getting blown out but now they have had a good run. My buddy Dave stuck with his Pasties as I stick with my Faders, and our day in the sun will come just as their's has.

AD is an ego maniac who does not understand the game any longer. He's so senile he's throwing huge money at guys past their prime as opposed to someone like Parcells who gets rid of those guys.

Al needs to go to the old folks home and let someone like Bill Cohwer (or however you spell his name..) run the show.

Our "Commitment To Excellence" has become a Commitment to Crap Personnel decisions.

But you can't give up on your team just because they suck.

I'm still pecking away at Truevisions for improvement in their NFL coverage - among other things. Here's a copy of the reply I got from them today, in response to my requests, which are below that.

Let's not let them slide, guys. We have to stay on them NOW, in hopes of convincing them to work on improvements well before the season begins. A little help here, OK? Drop them a line, and let them know that you, too, want MORE NFL! ........................

Dear Khun. George:

We thank you for your constructive comments.

This message would definitely be forwarded to the relevant parties for further consideration and action where appropriate.

02-7252525àPress 9 for Englishà Press 8 for Platinum and Gold serviceà Enter subscriber number ….followed by(#)à Press 1 to submità press number 1 for Billing and Payment, 2 for Technical support, or 3 for General Information…, your line will be transferred to the representative shortly.

Best regards,

Mr. Wichian Chompoonog

Support & Non-Voice Management

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:07 AM

To: TruevisionsCare

Subject: Programming Request

Gentlemen:

Thank you for continuing to efforts to provide programming of interest to all of your subscribers. Overall, I very much enjoy the options now available on Truevisions.

However, I must tell you that I think there is room for significant improvement in the number and types of options available to us. Please consider making some of the following changes to your channel lineup as soon as possible.

1. Many viewers miss the option to watch FOX NEWS CHANNEL. I have to use my computer to access this news programming. Please add FOX NEWS CHANNEL to your lineup!

2. I see advertisements on your channels for new networks that have been created. It appears that MOST of the high interest programs have been moved from AXN and Star World to new networks like "AXN Beyond", "FOX Crime" and "SONY Entertainment TV". We are left with mostly mindless "reality shows" on AXN (CSI is the exception), and one situation comedy after another on Star World. There are only a few good dramas, crime shows, and science fiction programs; and some of those are on during very late hours, rather than in prime time. Can you please consider adding the 3 networks noted above to your channel lineup?

3. Your coverage of the American National Football League (NFL) has reduced significantly over the past season. You seem unable to secure licenses for the 4 games per week you used to carry; and even for broadcast of all of the Playoff games at the end of the season. Please work to improve that coverage before the next season begins in September. Now is the time to pursue those licenses; so that you don't have to scramble for something after the games begin. I had also asked you, a couple of months ago, to work on the possibility of adding a 100% NFL channel. You could contract with the USA's "NFL Network" to do that. This would give NFL fans access to ALL NFL news, as well as allow you to integrate as many games as possible, throughout the season, from all the networks that carry games (CBS, NBC, FOX). Please improve your NFL coverage.

I hope that you will consider making some or all of these improvements to your programming. As always, I will be happy to have further discussion with you on this subject, whether in person, or via email. I would really love to help! In any case, I would sincerely appreciate the most detailed response you can give me on the points that I have presented.

Thank you!

George

C'mon man, through thick and thin (and boy recently we've been thin) you gotta stick with your team.

Look at Patsfangr, I have a friend who is also a big Pasties fan and boy there were some years where I really felt sorry for the guy, we'd be partying it up bigtime on Sunday afternoons and his team would be getting blown out but now they have had a good run. My buddy Dave stuck with his Pasties as I stick with my Faders, and our day in the sun will come just as their's has.

AD is an ego maniac who does not understand the game any longer. He's so senile he's throwing huge money at guys past their prime as opposed to someone like Parcells who gets rid of those guys.

Al needs to go to the old folks home and let someone like Bill Cohwer (or however you spell his name..) run the show.

Our "Commitment To Excellence" has become a Commitment to Crap Personnel decisions.

It's not about the records. Even if the Raiders went 0-16, I would still be cheering for them every game if they were still in L.A.

When they left for Oakland I received a letter from the sales office offering a chance to keep my season tickets for 5k per seat. I know it is all about business with the old man but just asking more money from L.A. fans without any remorse.....

That was the day my heart left the Raiders.

It's not about the records. Even if the Raiders went 0-16, I would still be cheering for them every game if they were still in L.A.

When they left for Oakland I received a letter from the sales office offering a chance to keep my season tickets for 5k per seat. I know it is all about business with the old man but just asking more money from L.A. fans without any remorse.....

And moved to the Cowboys.

PS - HuggyBear, my friend and his wife stayed at the hotel you suggested (Layana) and had a great time. Thanks.

PS - HuggyBear, my friend and his wife stayed at the hotel you suggested (Layana) and had a great time. Thanks.

NOT. Go GIANTS!!!!! :o

Edited by Komerican

Glad to help OMR, next to Pimilai (over the top expensive), Layana is the nicest resort on Koh Lanta.

To Komerican, you do remember the Raiders moved from Oakland to LA, yes? So, money over your season tickets aside, you were only a fan because they were in LA and you had seats?

I became a fan at 10 years old when Ken Stabler and his 90 proof huddles spanked Tarkenton in the SB.

How can you not expect a team to leave the dilapidated Coliseum.........out of tons of events I went to there only two provide good memories for me, Olympic opening ceremonies and The Who live. Football games there suck, you should be happy you no longer are kicking down dough for those seats.

P.S. nice bandwagon fan........

No, I am not on anyone's bandwagon. I was just having fun with Old Man River.

Anyway, I don't cheer for any single team now. I just enjoy watching a good play, good match up and good game.

Although, I could see myself rooting for the Lions this season. Always been a sucker for an underdog.

Yes, I became a fan when the Raiders moved down to L.A.

If you remember we didn't have the team in the city by then.

It would been nice to have a better stadium than the Coliseum but that was the hand the old man picked.

If they were still in L.A. I would still go to every game no matter how lousy it is to catch a game in the Coliseum.