American Football

ChuckZ

The Prime Time Draft

Other than the first couple rounds when the interesting college players go, the rest is a crap shoot.

I just see this as the NFL trying to sell more commercial time.

To change the subject, did you guys see all the hoopla over T.O. in Buffalo? The guy has a "reality" show too? What a headache this guy is, I hope in his "reality" shows, he shows the ball going threw his hands at critical junctures...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Prime Time Draft

Other than the first couple rounds when the interesting college players go, the rest is a crap shoot.

To change the subject, did you guys see all the hoopla over T.O. in Buffalo? The guy has a "reality" show too? What a headache this guy is, I hope in his "reality" shows, he shows the ball going threw his hands at critical junctures...

What TO does do is force defensive coaches to come up with specific game plans to stop him. This allows some of the other guys to get open when they normally wouldn't. Right now, the Cowboys have no wide receivers that warrant this kind of respect (Roy Williams does not have this speed and while Austin does, he hasn't proven himself).

Romo will miss TO. He may not know this now, but he will figure it out soon enough.

The Prime Time Draft

What TO does do is force defensive coaches to come up with specific game plans to stop him. This allows some of the other guys to get open when they normally wouldn't. Right now, the Cowboys have no wide receivers that warrant this kind of respect (Roy Williams does not have this speed and while Austin does, he hasn't proven himself).

Romo will miss TO. He may not know this now, but he will figure it out soon enough.

I agree, OMR. I think that TO, as a person, has some serious psychological issues. But, as a football player, he's always been a significant asset ON THE FIELD to the teams he's played for ... until those other issues upset his own team more than his considerable talents upset the opposing DCs. He has become a locker room cancer everywhere he's been. So he's a "short term asset", and a "long term liability". I expect him to be a significant help to the Bills for at least MOST of this season.

Based on Truevision's August TV Guide, ASN will carry pre-season games live at 7 AM as follows (note, it doesn't say who is playing):

Monday, Aug. 10th

Friday, Aug. 14

Tuesday, Aug. 18

Friday, Aug. 21

Saturday, Aug. 22

Tuesday, Aug. 25

Friday, Aug. 28

Saturday, Aug. 29

Sunday, Aug. 30

Monday, Aug. 31

Of course, the written TV Guide is often wrong, but that is what it has for August. This does not include the replays during the week.

Based on Truevision's August TV Guide, ASN will carry pre-season games live at 7 AM as follows (note, it doesn't say who is playing):

Monday, Aug. 10th BUFF @ TEN

Friday, Aug. 14 ARI @ PIT

Tuesday, Aug. 18 CAR @ NYG

Friday, Aug. 21 PHI @ IND

Saturday, Aug. 22 TEN @ DAL

Tuesday, Aug. 25 NYJ @ BAL

Friday, Aug. 28 MIA @ TB

Saturday, Aug. 29 NE @ WAS

Sunday, Aug. 30 SD @ ATL

Monday, Aug. 31 CHI @ DEN

Of course, the written TV Guide is often wrong, but that is what it has for August. This does not include the replays during the week.

All of those are nationally televised games on the various networks. The bad news is that, as far as this schedule goes, these games only take us through Week 3. No Week 4 games on this schedule. But, of course, that may change as we get closer to that week. In any case, it's a great variety, with 19 different teams in that schedule. Only TEN is scheduled twice.

I'm personally happy to see the Patriots Week 3 game on the schedule, since Week 3 is usually the week the teams use to "tune up the starters". Week 4 is the "keep 'em healthy" week, when most starters hardly see the field at all.

I LOVE ASN!!

Friday, Aug. 28 MIA @ TB

Sunday, Aug. 30 SD @ ATL

All of those are nationally televised games on the various networks. The bad news is that, as far as this schedule goes, these games only take us through Week 3. No Week 4 games on this schedule. But, of course, that may change as we get closer to that week. In any case, it's a great variety, with 19 different teams in that schedule. Only TEN is scheduled twice.

I'm personally happy to see the Patriots Week 3 game on the schedule, since Week 3 is usually the week the teams use to "tune up the starters". Week 4 is the "keep 'em healthy" week, when most starters hardly see the field at all.

I LOVE ASN!!

Thanks for adding the teams.

It only goes through week 3 because Truevisions printed guide only goes through August. We have to wait to see what games will be televised in September, but from what you have said, it would be the nationally televised games for week 4.

I am with you. I love ASN and thank Truevisions for bringing it into Thailand.

Boy oh boy I hope my Raiders pick up Michael Vick.................

Safest place in the world for him, can you imagine what would happen to PETA protesters outside Oakland Coliseum? Pre-game meal, barbecued PETA.

Raider nation embraces Michael Vick, if Russell can't get it done this year he's gone, Vick starts 2010.

Safest place in the world for him, can you imagine what would happen to PETA protesters outside Oakland Coliseum? Pre-game meal, barbecued PETA.

Raider nation embraces Michael Vick, if Russell can't get it done this year he's gone, Vick starts 2010.

Latest I've seen, huggybear, says that even the Raidahs don't want him.

"Source: Jerry McDonald - ANG Newspapers

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable said the team has no plans to add unrestricted free-agent QB Michael Vick (Falcons)."

Latest I've seen, huggybear, says that even the Raidahs don't want him.

"Source: Jerry McDonald - ANG Newspapers

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders head coach Tom Cable said the team has no plans to add unrestricted free-agent QB Michael Vick (Falcons)."

Yeah, and Al Davis took five million USD from the city of Irwindale saying he might build a stadium there...................

Friday, Aug. 28 MIA @ TB

Sunday, Aug. 30 SD @ ATL

I LOVE ASN!!

It only goes through week 3 because Truevisions printed guide only goes through August. We have to wait to see what games will be televised in September, but from what you have said, it would be the nationally televised games for week 4.

OMR

Thanks for this update on ASN

What other details do you have? I looked at their site and it says they will show UP TO 4 games per week - 50 hours of total programming (so they will repeat the games). Does anyone know if this means the other channels that showed NFL will now no longer do so? Will we again be at a level of 4 games or less per week? I was thinking of setting things up so i could get games from the us this year as i have grown tired of the inability to get games here but who knows maybe if the 3-4 games we used to get is combined with 3 or 4 more on this channel (and they are not the same games) there might actually be the potential for decent coverage .... any info would be appreciated.

Friday, Aug. 28 MIA @ TB

Sunday, Aug. 30 SD @ ATL

I LOVE ASN!!

OMR

What other details do you have? I looked at their site and it says they will show UP TO 4 games per week - 50 hours of total programming (so they will repeat the games). Does anyone know if this means the other channels that showed NFL will now no longer do so? Will we again be at a level of 4 games or less per week? I was thinking of setting things up so i could get games from the us this year as i have grown tired of the inability to get games here but who knows maybe if the 3-4 games we used to get is combined with 3 or 4 more on this channel (and they are not the same games) there might actually be the potential for decent coverage .... any info would be appreciated.

Specifically, I don't know, but I doubt they will be combined. Remember, last year we were cut back to just two games per week and that was the two Sunday afternoon nationally televised games in the US. We no longer received the US Sunday night (Monday morning) and Monday night (Tuesday morning) games. I think it likely we will now get the two nationally televised Sunday afternoon games in the US plus the US's Sunday night and Monday night games.

In addition, there is Game Day (which we received last year) and NFL Total Access which we never received. Anyway, for me this is much better than last year and I look forward to the NCAA football as well.

Note, I am posting the ASN website below to make it easier for me to find since the new, improved firefox has screwed up my bookmarks.

http://www.asn.tv/eng/about.html

OMR

We all know what happens when you assume; but I'm going to do it anyway!

I'm assuming that our NFL coverage here will be exclusively what is provided by ASN. That, I again assume, will be 4 'live' games per week, with all of those games replayed during the week, PLUS the NFL Network's "Game Day" and "Total Access" broadcasts. I will be very interested to see exactly how much they give us of "Total Access". That's a daily program in the USA.

Those 'live' games will almost certainly be the 2 "national" games from Sunday afternoon; the Sunday night game; and the Monday night game.

That's what I expect. And that, plus the Big Ten NCAA games, is a fantastic improvement over what we've had here during my 3 years in Thailand!

OMR

We all know what happens when you assume; but I'm going to do it anyway!

I'm assuming that our NFL coverage here will be exclusively what is provided by ASN. That, I again assume, will be 4 'live' games per week, with all of those games replayed during the week, PLUS the NFL Network's "Game Day" and "Total Access" broadcasts. I will be very interested to see exactly how much they give us of "Total Access". That's a daily program in the USA.

Those 'live' games will almost certainly be the 2 "national" games from Sunday afternoon; the Sunday night game; and the Monday night game.

That's what I expect. And that, plus the Big Ten NCAA games, is a fantastic improvement over what we've had here during my 3 years in Thailand!

Total Access was on for 90 minutes yesterday morning (it was listed a Pull). I don't know what Pull is or how Total Access will be listed in the future, but I am now setting my PVR to tape all programs on ASN that are listed as Pull.

Total Access was on for 90 minutes yesterday morning (it was listed a Pull). I don't know what Pull is or how Total Access will be listed in the future, but I am now setting my PVR to tape all programs on ASN that are listed as Pull.

Well, I can tell you that "Pull" is actually supposed to be "Bull"; as in "Bull Riding". :-) We won't be seeing too much more of that, now that the NFL and NCAA football are here. But it's still sprinkled in a bit right now.

Best bets are to go to the schedule on the website (http://www.asn.tv/eng/scheduling090805.html); and, of course to just check it out, now and then, for some of the "odd" programs. Schedules, even the more accurate online ones, just aren't that reliable here for their international programming.

I've really been enjoying watching both the NFL playoff replays, and the Big Ten games. GREAT "warmup" stuff for the real thing!!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE ASN?!!

Well, I can tell you that "Pull" is actually supposed to be "Bull"; as in "Bull Riding". :-) We won't be seeing too much more of that, now that the NFL and NCAA football are here. But it's still sprinkled in a bit right now.

Best bets are to go to the schedule on the website (http://www.asn.tv/eng/scheduling090805.html); and, of course to just check it out, now and then, for some of the "odd" programs. Schedules, even the more accurate online ones, just aren't that reliable here for their international programming.

I've really been enjoying watching both the NFL playoff replays, and the Big Ten games. GREAT "warmup" stuff for the real thing!!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE ASN?!!

Now, you have me laughing. I should have figured out that Pull was Bull (Riding), but became even more confused when I saw Total Access being billed as Pull.

Anyway, I see Kraft saying the Pats aren't interested in Vick. Yesterday's Total Access carried the Bellichick interview when he was asked about Vick and he did say that there is no doubt that they will be someone new joining the Pats. Since his response was based on a question about the QB position, it looked like he was confirming they were talking to Vick. Now, obviously not, but still, they will be/are talking to another QB. I guess they are nervous about Brady's future and still don't think O'Connell is ready.

Anyway, I see Kraft saying the Pats aren't interested in Vick. Yesterday's Total Access carried the Bellichick interview when he was asked about Vick and he did say that there is no doubt that they will be someone new joining the Pats. Since his response was based on a question about the QB position, it looked like he was confirming they were talking to Vick. Now, obviously not, but still, they will be/are talking to another QB. I guess they are nervous about Brady's future and still don't think O'Connell is ready.

Exactly. They signed QB Cleo Lemon (ex-Dolphin). He's a 4-year vet, with a few starts. More ready, in BB's opinion, than 2nd year guy O'Connell. As is the case with virtually every team in the league, losing that #1 guy would be SERIOUS trouble!

Exactly. They signed QB Cleo Lemon (ex-Dolphin). He's a 4-year vet, with a few starts. More ready, in BB's opinion, than 2nd year guy O'Connell. As is the case with virtually every team in the league, losing that #1 guy would be SERIOUS trouble!

Total Access was on again this morning. It was on from 8:30AM to 10AM. It was listed as Big Ten Greatest Games. Hence, they may well have it on every day, but haven't yet synchronized their scheduling with Truevisions.

I'm lost here....

Just checked the ASN schedule web site, and they're running a big banner at the top of the page that says NFL Total Access on ASN...every day Monday to Saturday....

Then looked as their own (ASN web site) schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday....(today and tomorrow), and there's nothing listed about Total Access at all...

For those who have caught it here in LOS, what time locally is it showing on True....and was that just for a single day...or it's recurring at the same time every day???

About the earlier post here asking about the ASN item called "Pull", I found this on the ASN web site under their own Forum section.... It's not about BULL... :)

Post subject: Re: What is this programme called "Pull"?

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2009, 10:58

Hi, thanks for your questions.

Pull is the first television series dedicated to the action and lifestyle of wakeboarding and wakeskating. Come along with Parks Bonifay and Danny Harf and take a look into the personalities and progression of the wake sports. Each episode puts viewers on the frontline of some of the most picturesque wake-trips both in the U.S. and abroad.

I'm lost here....

Just checked the ASN schedule web site, and they're running a big banner at the top of the page that says NFL Total Access on ASN...every day Monday to Saturday....

Then looked as their own (ASN web site) schedule for Tuesday and Wednesday....(today and tomorrow), and there's nothing listed about Total Access at all...

For those who have caught it here in LOS, what time locally is it showing on True....and was that just for a single day...or it's recurring at the same time every day???

OK, I'm taking credit for this! I began sending them notes asking them to start the Total Access broadcasts during the pre-season, rather than when the regular season starts, as they had advertised. In about 3 notes, I explained the importance of the pre-season news to NFL fans, and did everything but make them an Obama "no new taxes" promise to get them to start it NOW. And, sure enough, here it is! FANTASTIC!! ... You're welcome, fellow expat NFL fans! :-)

Looks like I was premature with this. Apparently, Lemon's leech (i.e. agent) wanted more money than he's worth. The Pats went out and signed (are you sitting down, Huggybear?) ex-Raiduhs QB, Andrew Walter. I like the move. I wasn't overly happy about Lemon; who's style is nothing like Brady's. Walter, OTOH, is a tall, tough, pocket passer, which IS Brady's style. And Walter does have talent. Perhaps with a decent team, he'll be a quality backup.

Looks like I was premature with this. Apparently, Lemon's leech (i.e. agent) wanted more money than he's worth. The Pats went out and signed (are you sitting down, Huggybear?) ex-Raiduhs QB, Andrew Walter. I like the move. I wasn't overly happy about Lemon; who's style is nothing like Brady's. Walter, OTOH, is a tall, tough, pocket passer, which IS Brady's style. And Walter does have talent. Perhaps with a decent team, he'll be a quality backup.

I should be a GM, man did I miss my calling. When I saw that they were about to sign Lemon, I thought why don't they give Walter a tryout...............For sure Walter will enjoy the change of scenery

Happened to catch NFL Total Access on ASN last night (Tuesday) running from 10 to 11:30 pm....

Skipped forward in the TV-based True programming guide to today (Wednesday), and saw Total Access is scheduled to air today from 9:30 pm to 11 pm... Those were the only air times listed in the 24 hours ahead TV-based guide.

It would be nice if they could manage to have a consistent air time day to day.... But maybe that's too much to expect.

I didn't see anything in the True TV-based programming guide (the one you get on your TV) about a morning slot for the show. But who knows...

Happened to catch NFL Total Access on ASN last night (Tuesday) running from 10 to 11:30 pm....

Skipped forward in the TV-based True programming guide to today (Wednesday), and saw Total Access is scheduled to air today from 9:30 pm to 11 pm... Those were the only air times listed in the 24 hours ahead TV-based guide.

It would be nice if they could manage to have a consistent air time day to day.... But maybe that's too much to expect.

I didn't see anything in the True TV-based programming guide (the one you get on your TV) about a morning slot for the show. But who knows...

Based on the past two days, it looks like Truevisions is going to air Total Access in the evening only (11PM tonight). This morning I took a shot and recorded March Madness to see if it would turn out to be Total Access. I was right in thinking it wouldn't be March Madness, but it wasn't Total Access either. It turned out to be the 2000 Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game which was a great game to watch.

Anyway, from here on out I will be looking for Total Access in the evenings only and know that there is no set time for it in the evening. Still, this is so much better than not having it at all. Having lived in Thailand for many years, I have never seen Total Access until now. The only thing that could be better is if it was Total Cowboys Access.

Based on the past two days, it looks like Truevisions is going to air Total Access in the evening only (11PM tonight). This morning I took a shot and recorded March Madness to see if it would turn out to be Total Access. I was right in thinking it wouldn't be March Madness, but it wasn't Total Access either. It turned out to be the 2000 Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game which was a great game to watch.

Anyway, from here on out I will be looking for Total Access in the evenings only and know that there is no set time for it in the evening. Still, this is so much better than not having it at all. Having lived in Thailand for many years, I have never seen Total Access until now. The only thing that could be better is if it was Total Cowboys Access.

HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS?!?!?!?!

Norte Dame and Michigan State had some good games. What surprises me is how does True Vision know that??? They must have a farang connection somewhere. If they show more classic games durring the off-season then I will be really impressed. Mizzou will win the Big 12 North again finally Beat Oklahoma to win the Big 12 title....well, maybe not.

Well, OMR, according to the schedule search on TrueVisions, ASN will be moving 'Total Access' all over the place. That lists it as follows:

Tonight 23:00

Not again (despite the ASN "Monday thru Saturday" banner) until next Wed, at 07:00.

Then Thursday at 10:00

Friday at 01:00

Saturday at 06:30

Sunday at 05:00

No problem for those of you with the PVR; but impossible for the rest of us!

I wrote a note to ASN, beginning, as always, with "nice words"; but following that with "constructive criticism", suggesting that they give us an permanent early afternoon time slot, which, I pointed out, will not interfere with any 'live' programming from the USA. I assured them that doing so would provide them with a fairly steady audience of NFL fans for a show that we all appreciate.

I hope they'll respond to that; because bouncing it all over the place, and especially at so many "inconvenient" times, is very disappointing to me.

Norte Dame and Michigan State had some good games. What surprises me is how does True Vision know that??? They must have a farang connection somewhere. If they show more classic games durring the off-season then I will be really impressed. Mizzou will win the Big 12 North again finally Beat Oklahoma to win the Big 12 title....well, maybe not.

I am glad to have another Cowboys fan on this thread.

While I have no doubt that with all the Thai's educated in the US that Truevisions has a number of American sports fans in its employ, in this case the connection is ASN (All Sports Network) that Truevisions has recently picked up for Thailand. Below is ASN's website.

As it relates to the NCAA, ASN will air the Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12 & ACC this year, so you should see some of Missouri's games. Oklahoma will be very tough again as Bradford is, in my opinion, the best QB in the country. OK, there will be a bunch of people saying Tebow etc., but Bradford is something else.

I am glad to have another Cowboys fan on this thread.

While I have no doubt that with all the Thai's educated in the US that Truevisions has a number of American sports fans in its employ, in this case the connection is ASN (All Sports Network) that Truevisions has recently picked up for Thailand. Below is ASN's website.

As it relates to the NCAA, ASN will air the Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12 & ACC this year, so you should see some of Missouri's games. Oklahoma will be very tough again as Bradford is, in my opinion, the best QB in the country. OK, there will be a bunch of people saying Tebow etc., but Bradford is something else.

"How about them Cowboys"?

Well I'll tell ya, that division should be called the "last man standing division" or the "cannibal division" because it's usually the team that can possibly stay healthy going into the playoffss that ends up in the NFC championship game.

They should switch the Bucs and the Cowboys anyway, Dallas seems more NFC South than East......

Caught a nice, surprise NFL Total Access Show from midnight to 1 am last night (early Sunday). It was their preview on the Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Of course, the True schedule didn't show Total Access in that time slot... I believe the True schedule had that hour slated as Formula Drift...