Please Help, We Have Lost Our Dog In Phuket

ketty

PLEASE HELP US!

I know this is just a forum but we are desperately looking for our dog and maybe you could help.

REWARD OFFERED! we have lost our dog in RAWAI - PHUKET ISLAND on the 7th of NOVEMBER 2010 around 8 am.

The dog is a brown and white MONGREAL JACK RUSSELHe is called RUSTY and has a BLACK MEDAL with his

name If you have any information, please contact us by email at ketty(at)posterflag.com or contact us at +66 878 882364 We offer a 25.000 THB REWARD if you find our dog alive - or 2.000 THB for any important and proved information.

Dog chip number: 941000000794246

You can also get in touch on facebook: ketty cummins

Thanks for all your help!!!

post-118404-0-88443400-1290530972_thumb.

HI Can you give us more info ? What part of Rawai and where did he run away? How did you lose him?

Did know of a girl who lost a very exotic semi wild cat, she offered the Burmese a reward and they found it.

Have some posters made in Thai too.

Nikitta Bar has a Bulletin Board and so does the market opposite Nikita in Rawai.

Posters in Thai and English may help. Call PAWS and let them know too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

rusty is still missing. We have posters in both thai and english all around rawai, we are in touch with SOI dogs foundation who are giving us a great help.

We would very much appreciate if any of you could print and distribute the posters.

Many thanks to all for your help and effort and let's hope for the best!

post-118404-0-55507200-1291373601_thumb.

post-118404-0-68972300-1291373823_thumb.

HI Can you give us more info ? What part of Rawai and where did he run away? How did you lose him?

Did know of a girl who lost a very exotic semi wild cat, she offered the Burmese a reward and they found it.

Nikitta Bar has a Bulletin Board and so does the market opposite Nikita in Rawai.

Agree with this, you need to be more specific about where and how you lost him.

I'm not being funny - I lost a much loved whippet in a motor accident in Krabi a few years ago. I wanted to offer a 50,000 baht reward but was told by everyone that this was too much and would only lead to my dogs being 'kidnapped'.

Accepting their advice, I offered 20,000 baht (even though I was told this was still far too much) and, whilst individuals were definitely out looking for him, there wasn't a full-scale effort on the part of the (poor) local populace.

I deeply regret not offering the 50,000 I'd intended (as he was never found). If I had, perhaps more local people would have banded up together to find him.

I heard about that girl in Karon...she paid the Burmese like 250- 300 thousand baht...it was a very expensive cat. Even with a reward of 25000 baht I think if you made posters and gave it to all the burmese labourers they would really try hard to find it

Yes, petercallen.

That's what we think happened to the dog. We have lots of brown snakes around here.

Very poisonous if your dog is silly enough to really annoy them.

Cobras and other snakes are found all over the island including the developed areas.

Snakes are not aggressive towards humans or dogs we are not there natural prey and

would rather run away, the only exception is large pythons,

Some dogs are capable of killing snakes it seems to be bred into them over generations

but the majority unless taught by there owners to be wary of snakes do not.

A well looked after dog does not just disappear they are very loyal to there owners, the

only exception is if they are to friendly to other people and someone takes the dog,

even then most dogs have a very good homing instinct and will return home at there

first opportunity.