Theiving Bastards

stuandchris

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know full well that comments like that, come from people like yourself who aren't happy here, or haven't ever managed to intigrate in to Thai society slightly. I'm sure there are then the really bitter ones with failed marriages, and people who've been fleeced of money, very similar to being burgled, the anger will often make them turn on all Thai people and all the Farangs that are happy here.

Don't forget the born losers who have never been happy anywhere, but slag off Thailand on Thai Visa because that is where they are at the moment. They are not exactly a minority of the members who are Thailand-hostile 3D%20Smiles%20(96).jpg

(A separate issue from the OP who had good reason to be angry)

Ahh so one poster can feel upset for being accused of wearing rose tinted glasses and not seeing the warts and all. Yet if someone does have genuine reasons for disliking Phuket they are 'born losers'.. Yes fair and balanced I would say.

Went to pick up my Laundry this morning and the girl gave me back 790 bht that I had left in my shorts pocket, one of many experiences I have had with honest Thai's, yes I am sure there are bad ones just like there are bad people in every country. I have never had a problem yet in 16 months...

Now I know full well that comments like that, come from people like yourself who aren't happy here, or haven't ever managed to intigrate in to Thai society slightly. I'm sure there are then the really bitter ones with failed marriages, and people who've been fleeced of money, very similar to being burgled, the anger will often make them turn on all Thai people and all the Farangs that are happy here.

Don't forget the born losers who have never been happy anywhere, but slag off Thailand on Thai Visa because that is where they are at the moment. They are not exactly a minority of the members who are Thailand-hostile 3D%20Smiles%20(96).jpg

Ahh so one poster can feel upset for being accused of wearing rose tinted glasses and not seeing the warts and all. Yet if someone does have genuine reasons for disliking Phuket they are 'born losers'.. Yes fair and balanced I would say.

Not all of them, but some with less than genuine reasons certainly.

Edited by Ulysses G.

You keep talking about warts 'LivinLOS'. You should get those seen to.

That poster described people who are never happy anywhere as born losers. You instantly twist the words, to include 'people with genuine reasons for disliking Phuket' Now where in that post did he call those people losers??

That's what I'm talking about. People with such an irrational desire to hone in on the bad bits, that they will think nothing of twisting peoples words just to aid their arguement, wreeks of desperation to me.

One of the big differences is, poeple like me, who will defend Phuket when people are being pointlessly negative, will never start a thread, titled 'Isn't Phuket Perfect' and then waist my time trying to convince people that don't like it here, how wonderful it is. I'm far to happy to have any desire to do that. I will only reply to other threads.

Yet that is exactly the irrational, illogical, bizarre passtime that so many people have. They will go out of there way, turn on a computer, log in to a forum and spend a huge amount of time writing a post, trying to convince me that I'm deluded, not happy, and should hate Phuket like they do. Very sad and pathetic indeed.

You have finally done what you should have done several years ago, taken responsibility for your own happiness and jogged on somewhere else.

BUT and it's a huge but. I'm fairly sure You will still come on here and get huge pleasure in pointing out the bad bits of Phuket, even though you don't live here anymore. That is when you aren't simply pointing out the warts, as you put it, but being illogical, irrational, and patheticaly negative for no reason. Time will tell, but I don't think you will be able to control yourself. That desire to hone in on the negative instead of embrace the positive, that speaks volumes for your own happiness, will soon rise to the top.

Ask yourself one question. Why would a normal happy man, who lives in CM go out of his way to go to a Phuket forum, and tell Phuket residents who are happy, what is wrong with the place.

The answer is, he wouldn't. I have a feeling that you will though, so what does that say about you??

Edited by BangTaoBoy

That poster described people who are never happy anywhere as born losers. You instantly twist the words, to include 'people with genuine reasons for disliking Phuket' Now where in that post did he call those people losers??

That's what I'm talking about. People with such an irrational desire to hone in on the bad bits, that they will think nothing of twisting peoples words just to aid their arguement, wreeks of desperation to me.

Very perceptive. Misquoting other's posts in order to convince readers that something different was said by a member is a little too common here. It may be a sign of chronic, life-long depression. :D

Just a quick update.

Police think it was Thai or Myanmmar as the hole cut was so small, even the misses who is 8 and a bit stone couldn't get through it.

On the insurance side, just found out that my very expensive Household Insurance from an Australian Company doesn't include Jewelry, laptops or cash. The very things that are likely to be robbed so that is worth checking out if you have it.

Just a quick update.

Police think it was Thai or Myanmmar as the hole cut was so small, even the misses who is 8 and a bit stone couldn't get through it.

On the insurance side, just found out that my very expensive Household Insurance from an Australian Company doesn't include Jewelry, laptops or cash. The very things that are likely to be robbed so that is worth checking out if you have it.

Now that does suck!

Just a quick update.

Now that does suck!

Agreed! But I never keep cash in my house, that why I have ATM cards. There is usually a Bangkok Bank or Siam Commercial Bank ATM at most every 7-11 and I have accounts at both. I don't think any insurance covers cash, most cover jewelry, if you have photos or some kind of proof and I think laptops are sometimes a separate policy...

Sorry for your loss! I have been broken into once, it was distressing. It was in the USA, never here... Knock on wood!

Just a quick update.

Now that does suck!

Agreed! But I never keep cash in my house, that why I have ATM cards. There is usually a Bangkok Bank or Siam Commercial Bank ATM at most every 7-11 and I have accounts at both. I don't think any insurance covers cash, most cover jewelry, if you have photos or some kind of proof and I think laptops are sometimes a separate policy...

Sorry for your loss! I have been broken into once, it was distressing. It was in the USA, never here... Knock on wood!

I had home insurance that covered up to 80,000 baht cash in the home. but only 60% of the cost of laptops, mobiles and cameras. it was Trafalger Insurance I think. I think it cost about 12k per year for that policy. I say this just incase anybody is looking for insurance at all.

I had home insurance that covered up to 80,000 baht cash in the home. but only 60% of the cost of laptops, mobiles and cameras. it was Trafalger Insurance I think. I think it cost about 12k per year for that policy. I say this just incase anybody is looking for insurance at all.

That is interesting that they would cover cash as it's hard to prove how much cash you had in your house. Sounds like an okay policy. Is there a deductible amount on the claim? My deductible always seemed higher than the loss. Plus when you make a claim the premium goes up. I hate insurance companies!

That is interesting that they would cover cash as it's hard to prove how much cash you had in your house. Sounds like an okay policy. Is there a deductible amount on the claim? My deductible always seemed higher than the loss. Plus when you make a claim the premium goes up. I hate insurance companies!

Good Question, I cant answer as I do not have that policy anymore so cant check. but I should imagine the policy would have suited them better than me anyway.

You have finally done what you should have done several years ago, taken responsibility for your own happiness and jogged on somewhere else.

BUT and it's a huge but. I'm fairly sure You will still come on here and get huge pleasure in pointing out the bad bits of Phuket, even though you don't live here anymore. That is when you aren't simply pointing out the warts, as you put it, but being illogical, irrational, and patheticaly negative for no reason. Time will tell, but I don't think you will be able to control yourself. That desire to hone in on the negative instead of embrace the positive, that speaks volumes for your own happiness, will soon rise to the top.

Ask yourself one question. Why would a normal happy man, who lives in CM go out of his way to go to a Phuket forum, and tell Phuket residents who are happy, what is wrong with the place.

The answer is, he wouldn't. I have a feeling that you will though, so what does that say about you??

So what, now only people with a current residence on Phuket are allowed to have opinions on it ?? On a public forum ??

I will still be a visitor to the place, and have many friends there. Theres even a slim chance that my brother and I may split the cost of a yacht which would live at least part of the year there.. So I still have a vested interest in the place where I lived almost a 3rd of my life. And I will continue to post as I see fit not as you wish me to.

Very perceptive. Misquoting other's posts in order to convince readers that something different was said by a member is a little too common here. It may be a sign of chronic, life-long depression. :D

Ahh but it isnt a missquote, because what they do is not tackle the issues people raise, about crime, about greed, about over development, cartels, etc etc.. What they do is attack the poster, compare them to 'born losers' and make it sound like anyone with a negative opinion is someone who has no Thai friends, or is somehow less socially adept as themselves.

Deal with the issues, rather than try to attack the poster.. Deal with the murder rate.. Deal with the house break ins... Deal with the news items. Rather than start trying to tar anyone that sees the direction of the place as one they dont like, as being somehow inferior.

It seems pretty obvious to me - and I wrote the post - that I am not talking about everyone who complains about Thailand here - mostly the chronic complainers. :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.

So what, now only people with a current residence on Phuket are allowed to have opinions on it ?? On a public forum ??

I will still be a visitor to the place, and have many friends there. Theres even a slim chance that my brother and I may split the cost of a yacht which would live at least part of the year there.. So I still have a vested interest in the place where I lived almost a 3rd of my life. And I will continue to post as I see fit not as you wish me to.

Firstly, did you really think, that I thought you would stop posting? :lol:

You remind me of that old film 'Speed'. I think you've got something in your brain that if you post less than 20 posts per day, you will explode.

Secondly, do you really think I give a monkeys nipple, when you post? I scroll straight past most of them, only stop and read them for amusement occasionally.

Does it not strike you as being peculiar, that you still want a 'vested interest' in a place that you constantly slag off? A place that was so bad, you moved away? So you can't think it's that bad can you, so why bore everyone to tears with the constant, negative drivell?

<BR>]Ahh but it isnt a missquote, because what they do is not tackle the issues people raise, about crime, about greed, about over development, cartels, etc etc.. What they do is attack the poster, compare them to 'born losers' and make it sound like anyone with a negative opinion is someone who has no Thai friends, or is somehow less socially adept as themselves. Deal with the issues, rather than try to attack the poster.. Deal with the murder rate.. Deal with the house break ins... Deal with the news items. Rather than start trying to tar anyone that sees the direction of the place as one they dont like, as being somehow inferior.

The point you constantly miss, is the things you have just listed (and list at least twice a week), the murder, the greed, the over development. They are YOUR issues about Phuket, YOURS not MINE. You try to force people to discuss issues that you care about, and I've got news for you, we don't want to discuss them with you!

That's why people will attack the poster, because a normal person, with a normal, healthly, fulfilling life, will never understand why the poster doesn't just F#CK OFF, instead of staying somewhere they think is so bad.

EDIT: Where was it again you lived, for the lion share of the time you were on Phuket? That's right, Patong wasn't it?

Great choice for a man who has issues with cartels, tuk tuks, over development. What was I saying about logic, or the lack there of?

Yet another dyslexic poster, who can't see the difference between PATONG and PHUKET (The big island not the Town)

Edited by BangTaoBoy

BangTaoBoy.........................if there ever was an TV award for "The Most Annoying Newcomer" you would be a great candidate :bah: !!

And you are????

I've been reading this sub forum almost daily since long before you joined.

I'm only a newbie to actually signing up and posting.

I must have missed your 36 woderful little contributions.

Annoying?

maybe.

More annoying than 'LivinLOS'?

I don't think so pal.

I think btb is the 5th or 6th reincarnation of previous posters that were banned, but of course btb will vehemently deny this. Writing style sure seems similar to a lot of old pot stirring banned posters, but alas I digress.

Back on topic, I too have QBE so thanks for the tip OP on checking insurance policies.

Edited by steelepulse

I think btb is the 5th or 6th reincarnation of previous posters that were banned, but of course btb will vehemently deny this. Writing style sure seems similar to a lot of old pot stirring banned posters, but alas I digress.

Back on topic, I too have QBE so thanks for the tip OP on checking insurance policies.

Afraid not mate. I'm an original.

How exactly am I a stirrer? I post my opinions, and like a good debate. I don't stir, troll, or any other such thing.

If you don't like what I say, scroll past my posts, I'm sure lots of people allready do.

Lets just end the thread on this.

Move away from rawai, drop 90% in chances of getting robbed.

So we've gone from bashing ausinpatong, oops I mean bangtaoboy, to bashing Rawai?

Been in the same house for over five years now, even leave the doors open for when the maid comes, never been robbed.

But.................I believe the reason is that I live pretty minimalist, no dogs or fleas !!! Lotsa a chinchoks and tokays though ;-)

Sorry to hear the story OP, hope you can get the heirlooms back. GOM

Just to let you know, I posted a reward for 50,000B for the return of the rings, no questions asked.

An incredibly kind person has contacted the Gazette and offered to double that amount.

Restores your faith in humankind.

So if you get the chance could you guys mention that the reward is now 100,000B whilst you are all out and about please?