Thanksgiving In Pattaya/Jomtien?

PoeDogg

Haven’t seen hardly anything advertised or talked about on the web (maybe advertisement is overrated?), so please share if you know of any Thanksgiving meals being served, i.e.,

Name of place, location, set meal or buffet, consisting of, times, prices, and if reservations are needed, etc.

Thanks,

And Happy Thanksgiving!

This post from November (try doing a search of Pattaya Forum):

Posted 2010-11-18 11:56

As posted in the Pattaya City Expats Club Newsletter:

THANKSGIVING DINNERS IN PATTAYA – Thursday, November 25, 2010, is America’s Thanksgiving Holiday. This holiday is usually celebrated by a big dinner consisting of Turkey and all the trimmings. We have received information that the following restaurants will be offering Thanksgiving Dinners on that Thursday:

Street Life Deli, Pattayaland Soi 3, will have a traditional dinner for 795 Baht net (Club Members will get a 10% discount). The menu is posted on their website at http://www.streetlife-pattaya.com, Richard Burk’s past Thanksgiving Dinners at his former Amor Restaurant were always popular and booked up rather early. So, reservations are definitely recommended – telephone: 038-710-680 or Mobile: 081-945-5396 or email him at [email protected].

Tequila Reef, Beach Road Soi 7, will have their annual ―All You Can Eat‖ Thanksgiving buffet starting at 4pm. The price is 495 Baht+ vat for adults and 295 Baht+vat for children under 12. Reserve seating in advance by going by the Restaurant or calling 038-414-035

Rich Man Poor Man Guest House, Jomtien Beach Soi 9, will be having a Thanksgiving Dinner for 495 Baht per person. Reservations are recommended, call 038-233 414 or contact through their website: http://www.rmpm-gues...om/contact.html (use down arrow for ―booking‖ to select restaurant).

Shenanigans, Avenue Shopping Complex 2nd floor on 2nd Road, will be having Thanksgiving buffet served from 2pm -11pm. Price is 795 Baht (you may wish to confirm with restaurant as information we received was not direct from them). Telephone 038-723-939/40 or email [email protected].

Other restaurants may also be having Thanksgiving dinners, please check Pattaya Mail, Pattaya Times, and Pattaya Trader for advertisements.

http://pattayacityex...newsletter.html

Only four to choose from?....in this big town?

That's more than we get for the Prez.....but less than for Miss America.

Was going to go with Rich Man Poor Man, but just seen that they are constructing a building in the area next door that they did use for tables and BBQ pits.

Inside is pretty....cozy.

Anyone else?

For some reason I have a hankering for an American Style Thanksgiving meal (after being here for 9 years). I'm having a terrible time locating a resonably priced restaurant that can provide one (the Britts seem to have cornered the market for Roasted Turkey).

It looks like Rich Man Poor Man, has the best option. Their menu is attached below.

Please forgive the quality of the image. I get around by motorcycle.

Notice the menu states 525 baht not 495 baht as mentioned earlier.

When I was inquiring, I was told by the staff you have to make a reservation with Eddie the owner.

I just left from RMPM with some take away.

Wasn't too impressed with the menu for tomorrow, so will have to pass.

I do like their other food though.

Hmmm....still looking.

Thanks for posting their menu, good info.

I also opened a thread on pattaya addicts with the same title.

Some folks have posted good info there, so maybe between the two we can all help out with finding some good grub.

Thanks!

Ummmmm......Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh....think I will have to pass on that one; drumsticks are not for me.

But thanks for the invite, anyways.

Hopefully you can find someone there to share your giblet gravy with.

:D

Edited by PoeDogg

Ummmmm......Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh....think I will have to pass on that one; drumsticks are not for me.

But thanks for the invite, anyways.

Hopefully you can find someone there to share your giblet gravy with.

:D

No worries, you probably couldn't even score a table there anyway at this late date. I won't be celebrating Thanksgiving in solidarity with the native American people who suffered genocide at the hands of farang religious fanatics. Not really, I'm too cheap to fork out 800 baht for some jazzed up chicken ...

post-37101-0-45317000-1290619246_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

I have eaten at Tequila reef and it had a decent meal. Bottom of soi 7 near Beach road. Last time I ate there it was less than Shenanigans, might be around 650 baht. Pig and Whistle basically on the same street had a decent spread too. Lek hotel had a fine Christmas buffet, so I would recommend a peak in the door to see if they have a Thanksgiving buffet (second road)

I decided to go to Bob’s BBQ, so called him at 5pm, but he unfortunately informed me that they were sold out.

Went by Moonshine on Jomtien Soi 4, but they didn’t have anything going on.

Went by Pig ‘n Whistle on Pattaya soi 7, but they didn’t have anything going on either.

Soooo, even after swearing I would never go back, I did just that and ended up at Tequila Reef.

The last 2 or 3 mexican dishes I had there was less than impressive, but the Thanksgiving buffet turned out ok.

The fist trip thru the line (6:20pm), there was NO turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, or cranberry sauce (one guy looked like he may have eaten it all).

So had a salad, roll, blackened chicken (good job), and green bean casserole….been craving GB casserole for a very long time! It was good, but nothing compared to me moms.

Finished that plate about 6:40pm, and went back for more. Luckily, this time they had everything that was missing on the first trip.

It all tasted very good, and I ate too much.

Oh, went for some pumpkin pie at 7PM, but was informed that it was all gone and they had no more left.

Not a biggie for me, as I am not big on pumpkin pie, but will devour a pecan pie….grew up on that and a big cold glass of milk.

After that, another customer sat done to order, but he was informed that there was no more turkey or ham either, so he left.

Two buffets’, one water, and two margarita’s came to 1,400 baht.

Now I’m ready for Christmas dinner!

Who does some good ones?

:jap:

I decided to go to Bob’s BBQ, so called him at 5pm, but he unfortunately informed me that they were sold out.

Went by Moonshine on Jomtien Soi 4, but they didn’t have anything going on.

Went by Pig ‘n Whistle on Pattaya soi 7, but they didn’t have anything going on either.

Soooo, even after swearing I would never go back, I did just that and ended up at Tequila Reef.

The last 2 or 3 mexican dishes I had there was less than impressive, but the Thanksgiving buffet turned out ok.

The fist trip thru the line (6:20pm), there was NO turkey, ham, dressing, mashed potatoes, or cranberry sauce (one guy looked like he may have eaten it all).

So had a salad, roll, blackened chicken (good job), and green bean casserole….been craving GB casserole for a very long time! It was good, but nothing compared to me moms.

Finished that plate about 6:40pm, and went back for more. Luckily, this time they had everything that was missing on the first trip.

It all tasted very good, and I ate too much.

Oh, went for some pumpkin pie at 7PM, but was informed that it was all gone and they had no more left.

Not a biggie for me, as I am not big on pumpkin pie, but will devour a pecan pie….grew up on that and a big cold glass of milk.

After that, another customer sat done to order, but he was informed that there was no more turkey or ham either, so he left.

Two buffets’, one water, and two margarita’s came to 1,400 baht.

Now I’m ready for Christmas dinner!

Who does some good ones?

:jap:

For XMAS, Lek Hotel, second road down by Soi 13. Nice to sit outside in the semi-enclosed area. They had real turkeys being carved up with bones and carcass, not some pressed turkey loaf in a pan. Then all the other stuff, beef, shrimp barbecue, etc. Add a few Thai sides for some spice and variety and I thought it was pretty darn good. Maybe hit one of the little massage places on a nearby street before the dinner. Don't get the massage right after eating. You belly might not stand the pressure and it may burst!

For XMAS, Lek Hotel, second road down by Soi 13. Nice to sit outside in the semi-enclosed area. They had real turkeys being carved up with bones and carcass, not some pressed turkey loaf in a pan. Then all the other stuff, beef, shrimp barbecue, etc. Add a few Thai sides for some spice and variety and I thought it was pretty darn good. Maybe hit one of the little massage places on a nearby street before the dinner. Don't get the massage right after eating. You belly might not stand the pressure and it may burst!

I heard thouse little places know well how to release the pressure by using a valve, attached to most of there customers :whistling:

I heard thouse little places know well how to release the pressure by using a valve, attached to most of there customers :whistling:

And it's all in the attaching...

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...