Thai Labor Law

eutin45

Might help if we know if it's advocacy on behalf of a Thai, or helping with some issues for a Farang working/ trying to work here.

After 30 months of working as a manager for a resort I was abrubtly fired from my job without severance pay.

Might help if we know if it's advocacy on behalf of a Thai, or helping with some issues for a Farang working/ trying to work here.

After 30 months of working as a manager for a resort I was abrubtly fired from my job without severance pay.

Go to the labor office in the large government building opposite the men's prison along the Mae Rim road. You don't need to hire a solicitor, but you will need a translator. They are very supportive. First, they phone your employer to tell him/her that you have made a complaint; next, they organize a compromise meeting (you can skip this stage if you wish and you don't need to agree to what they offer you anyway); lastly, their solicitor prepares your case free of charge and within a few weeks you'll have a day in court. The judges are very supportive.

If your current visa was extended by your employer, the reason for its extension is no longer valid. If they have informed immigration, your non-immigrant visa extension may be cancelled. I advise: leave the country and obtain a tourist visa while you sort things out. You are then in control of your visa status.

Edited by Loaded