Ducks In A Row

JusMe

Stopped at the Rayong Land Transportation Office today to change my one year temporary licence, which had expired, into the five year one.

I had all my ducks in a row - all the papers in one package, passport, etc. Walked in, handed them over with my expired licence, gave them passport to compare with photocopies, and was told to please sit.

Paid my baht, had my picture taken, and was out of there in twenty minutes, total. Cost? 360 baht total, including licence and photo and tax.

Very efficient. To use another cliché, it went smooth as silk.

That sounds great!!! Heard that khorat also is "offering" 5 years extension of thai drivers license.

But here in Chaiyaphum (Isaan), They are refusing me to extend 5 years. I tried now in october

and was denied.

They told me that I am NOT allowed by the law of Thailand to have nothing else than 1 year

extensions. Reason; You have 1 year extension of stay... We do not even know if you are living

in Thailand next year????? This is the law, they said!!

You lucky guy!!!!

Glegolo

That sounds great!!! Heard that khorat also is "offering" 5 years extension of thai drivers license.

But here in Chaiyaphum (Isaan), They are refusing me to extend 5 years. I tried now in october

and was denied.

They told me that I am NOT allowed by the law of Thailand to have nothing else than 1 year

extensions. Reason; You have 1 year extension of stay... We do not even know if you are living

You lucky guy!!!!

Glegolo

Never heard that before, 5 year license should be "no pompem". Have you offered to make a donation?

and was denied.

You lucky guy!!!!

Glegolo

Maybe goo to another office and do it there, I don't know that you need to extend it at the same place it was issued since its all on a national database.

Does anyone know if you they check your visa status when they renew? A friend of mine didn't get their one year visa renewed and wants to renew their license on a tourist visa, possible?

Does anyone know if you they check your visa status when they renew? A friend of mine didn't get their one year visa renewed and wants to renew their license on a tourist visa, possible?

Non immigrant visa or one year extension of stay required on Koh Samui.

Although might get another 1 year DL. :unsure: