Hello Daddy This Is My New Boyfriend

needforspeed

This happened to me. My daughter was in training in marital arts for the Olympics. She had had the same coach since she was 15. She brought him home for Christmas dinner. He was 45 she was 18. He was in great shape, and owned a small chain of martial arts schools so money was not a problem.

Apparently my wife had known about the relationship but did not mention it to me.

He was very respectful to me. Bowing and brought me a gift. I don't like Korean men because of their abusive reputation with women. I don't like Koreans in general because of their extreme ethnocentric behavior. I especially didn't like the instructor because it became obvious to me that he had been bedding my daughter since she was 16. But they wanted to get engaged and later marry.

I had not worried about my daughter for years because she is an Olympic caliber martial artist. She can beat the crap out of most men I know and not break a sweat. Her mother was a kick boxer (no wimpy women in the family).

I bought her the best Katana (Japanese sword) I could find. I told it was just a matter of time until he tried to beat her up and when he did to cut his head off.

She never cut his head off. After a year or so and before they got married he became abusive and she left him.

She went off to join the Air force and got a good job because of her language skills (speaks fluent, English, French, Korean and Spanish).

I think the whole relationship thing still bothers her. Now she is almost 30.

Looking back on it I really don't see what else I could have done. I wanted to shoot the guy but I don't think that would have helped. I have looked at life from both sides now. I have been out with 18 year old women in Thailand on numerous occasions. I was out with a 24 year old university student last night. She is a lot of fun to be with. Tall for a Thai woman. Not real pretty but noom yi.

Intresting in the last part of your story, what does your daughter say about your 18 year old dates.

Question 2, where you get them from :D

After her mother and I divorced I lived with a woman in the States who was 18. We lived together until she was 24. My daughter, and I and my American GF went out to eat at least once a month. They got along fine. Where did I get her from? She lived across the street from me in Florida. I have an older daughter who lives in Canada. She came down for Christmas one year. We all went out for dinner. MY GF, her mother and myself and my two daughters. The older daughter from Canada said to me at dinner that my GF's mother was a fox. My GF cracked up laughing. My daughter asked why she was laughing. GF replied, "he lives with me, not my mother." I think my older daughter was a bit scandalized. My oldest daughter was born when I was 16 so we are not that far apart in age. Actually I feel more like she is my sister as she is almost 50. I have a 50 year old daughter and I am dating 18 year old women. Write it off to the fact that I am a good dancer. BTW my 18 year old GF in the States was not a bar girl.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back on it I really don't see what else I could have done. I wanted to shoot the guy but I don't think that would have helped. I have looked at life from both sides now. I have been out with 18 year old women in Thailand on numerous occasions. I was out with a 24 year old university student last night. She is a lot of fun to be with. Tall for a Thai woman. Not real pretty but noom yi.

Oi Mark, what happened to your GF that doesnt speak English,you know the one,...aka that "other" thread? :o

Sheez, I hope your Canadian critics from the other thread don't see this post.:whistling:

Also, i know i should'nt be correcting you,given your academic history and thai speaking ability, but phonetically speaking "noom yai" looks,sounds and feels a whole lot better than "noom yi"

:D

This happened to me. My daughter was in training in marital arts for the Olympics. She had had the same coach since she was 15. She brought him home for Christmas dinner. He was 45 she was 18. He was in great shape, and owned a small chain of martial arts schools so money was not a problem.

Apparently my wife had known about the relationship but did not mention it to me.

He was very respectful to me. Bowing and brought me a gift. I don't like Korean men because of their abusive reputation with women. I don't like Koreans in general because of their extreme ethnocentric behavior. I especially didn't like the instructor because it became obvious to me that he had been bedding my daughter since she was 16. But they wanted to get engaged and later marry.

I had not worried about my daughter for years because she is an Olympic caliber martial artist. She can beat the crap out of most men I know and not break a sweat. Her mother was a kick boxer (no wimpy women in the family).

I bought her the best Katana (Japanese sword) I could find. I told it was just a matter of time until he tried to beat her up and when he did to cut his head off.

She never cut his head off. After a year or so and before they got married he became abusive and she left him.

She went off to join the Air force and got a good job because of her language skills (speaks fluent, English, French, Korean and Spanish).

Intresting in the last part of your story, what does your daughter say about your 18 year old dates.

After her mother and I divorced I lived with a woman in the States who was 18. We lived together until she was 24. My daughter, and I and my American GF went out to eat at least once a month. They got along fine. Where did I get her from? She lived across the street from me in Florida. I have an older daughter who lives in Canada. She came down for Christmas one year. We all went out for dinner. MY GF, her mother and myself and my two daughters. The older daughter from Canada said to me at dinner that my GF's mother was a fox. My GF cracked up laughing. My daughter asked why she was laughing. GF replied, "he lives with me, not my mother." I think my older daughter was a bit scandalized. My oldest daughter was born when I was 16 so we are not that far apart in age. Actually I feel more like she is my sister as she is almost 50. I have a 50 year old daughter and I am dating 18 year old women. Write it off to the fact that I am a good dancer. BTW my 18 year old GF in the States was not a bar girl.

:D , you willing to put a video on TV to show us your dancing skills :) .

:D , you willing to put a video on TV to show us your dancing skills :) .

In my teens I met my new girlfriend outside the chapel after the afternoon service, she reckoned her family always chatted for an hour or so, giving us time together

Twenty minutes later walking hand in hand along a country lane I was suddenly looking down a shotgun barrel, a man in a dark suit was telling his daughter to get into the car, and me to F-off back where I came from. They pulled away...I guess my mouth was still wide open for a few minutes.

The next sunday when leaving the chapel as usual after the service the man was shaking hands with the local lady lay preacher, after a couple of sentences about the service the man was asked quietly by the preacher if he normally went around waving his shotgun at young men taking an interest in his daughter.....or.....continued the preacher....... do you just reserve this kind of action for my son?.........:)

In my teens I met my new girlfriend outside the chapel after the afternoon service, she reckoned her family always chatted for an hour or so, giving us time together

Twenty minutes later walking hand in hand along a country lane I was suddenly looking down a shotgun barrel, a man in a dark suit was telling his daughter to get into the car, and me to F-off back where I came from. They pulled away...I guess my mouth was still wide open for a few minutes.

The next sunday when leaving the chapel as usual after the service the man was shaking hands with the local lady lay preacher, after a couple of sentences about the service the man was asked quietly by the preacher if he normally went around waving his shotgun at young men taking an interest in his daughter.....or.....continued the preacher....... do you just reserve this kind of action for my son?.........:)

There's a young lady that rides for one of the local cycling teams near Chonburi who last year started dating one of the young men that rode for the same team.

Her father didn't take too kindly to this - He shot and severely wounded the young man.

since when did daughters become private property of their fathers? my duaghter has had the same boyfriend (btw, ethiopian religious jewish, so 'meeting the family' = marriage) since she was 16 and he was 19 and had already been one year in army... she is now 23 and they are still together after she finished high school, one year of volunteer service, two years of IDF, he is already on second uni degree, only recently has he come to 'officially' meet the family after we convinced him that it doesnt mean he has to marry her. she doesnt intend to marry or have kids for many years yet... i dont like him, but she does so its her choice. btw, thai hbby doesnt like him so when he comes over, hubby goes off to water the chilis or listen to music... avoidance behavior...

hopefully u all educated your daughters to think with their brains and then use them, the rest is up to them.

bina

israel

The answer will be different if your daughter is from the western (or Asian) "rich" world or if she is from a poorer environment in the developing world.

In the case of the poor environment, the father will sure approve an upgrading of the family finances.

In the case of the "rich" world, nobody will ask your opinion anyway :D

Oi Mark, what happened to your GF that doesnt speak English,you know the one,...aka that "other" thread? :o

Sheez, I hope your Canadian critics from the other thread don't see this post.:whistling:

Also, i know i should'nt be correcting you,given your academic history and thai speaking ability, but phonetically speaking "noom yai" looks,sounds and feels a whole lot better than "noom yi"

:D

I think I updated the other thread but I asked her to leave. She stayed out all night one night. She said playing cards. Ya I believed that. Had I been married I think it may have been a lot more difficult than a simple request for her pack her things and go. She calls frequently to ask me if I am OK. I have told her I didn't have enough money for a live in woman because of the value of the American dollar. She seems OK with that.

I don't mind the correction to my phonetic Thai. A breast by any other name is still a breast. My phonetic Thai is terrible anyway. I really should have learned to write Thai when I was in school learning how to speak it. Dumb mistake.

Edited by mark45y

Ask the swinger if he is interested in a prearranged funeral, as you are considering one and he might get a discount.

Anyway, does he call you dad?

My neighbours daughter Thai/Japanese, i don't think that Thakhashi (my neighbour) ishappy at all and would not appriciate if this new boyfriend called him dad.

Response to Needforspeed,

I don't know if you have ever tried the dancing thing. If not go to an Issan music show with live band and so on. It helps if you are the only Falang there. Normally not hard to accomplish.

A lot of Thai guys are too shy to dance. 99% of Falang men are too shy to dance, especially Thai dancing.

So here have all these women, young, old and in between. Even really young and really old. Start with the really old. Grab a granny and shake a leg. Granny will go nuts with happiness. Then get a little girl and dance with her. Little girls all have mommies. Mommy will smile real big.

Then stand there and wait for the line to form. Everyone wants to dance with the Falang.

Eventually one of your dance partners will make an advance.

You can't loose in this scenario. I hand out name cards because it is faster than writing phone numbers down. Plus you can palm a card and no one knows you gave it. No one throws them away. Everybody has rent to pay someday.

If you didn't know it. Women who dance well are good in bed. You can draw your own conclusions about what women think of men who dance well.

If hes like really good looking, wealthy and very smart i wont mind.. If hes your average joe.. i will beat the crap out of him until he resigns from her life even if she hates me forever. If that doesnt work, i will find a way to empty his bank account and send him into suicide mode

I don't know if you have ever tried the dancing thing. If not go to an Issan music show with live band and so on. It helps if you are the only Falang there. Normally not hard to accomplish.

A lot of Thai guys are too shy to dance. 99% of Falang men are too shy to dance, especially Thai dancing.

So here have all these women, young, old and in between. Even really young and really old. Start with the really old. Grab a granny and shake a leg. Granny will go nuts with happiness. Then get a little girl and dance with her. Little girls all have mommies. Mommy will smile real big.

Then stand there and wait for the line to form. Everyone wants to dance with the Falang.

You can't loose in this scenario. I hand out name cards because it is faster than writing phone numbers down. Plus you can palm a card and no one knows you gave it. No one throws them away. Everybody has rent to pay someday.

If you didn't know it. Women who dance well are good in bed. You can draw your own conclusions about what women think of men who dance well.

I would like to give it a try need find same Isaan dancing events and print business cards, keep you informed.

About woman who dance good are good in bed i agree thats why i loved South American woman, but i met my GF instead :)

She can't dance :D .

Ha ha mark45y, you old dog!

I agree with everything you say, I never miss an opportunity to go to “funky town” at any event with lots of Thai women there, It is such an ice breaker. I like the card thing! Very slick.

I was first introduced to this “meeting the locals” in Leos, me and some mates were dirt bike riding there and we got invited to a large village wedding, fantastic, and Thailands no different.

Ha ha mark45y, you old dog!

I agree with everything you say, I never miss an opportunity to go to “funky town” at any event with lots of Thai women there, It is such an ice breaker. I like the card thing! Very slick.

I was first introduced to this “meeting the locals” in Leos, me and some mates were dirt bike riding there and we got invited to a large village wedding, fantastic, and Thailands no different.

You are right. I love weddings. You can't get any better than a wedding. All the ladies there see how happy the bride is.

I would like to give it a try need find same Isaan dancing events and print business cards, keep you informed.

About woman who dance good are good in bed i agree thats why i loved South American woman, but i met my GF instead :)

The cards are easy and cheap. Microsoft word has a template as do most word processing programs. If you don't have a computer or printer at home any internet shop will do. Pick a nice paper. Gray or blue is good. White is too visible.

I ain't sure if good dancers r good in bed, but coyote dancers in Thailand are good at asking for tips.

The cards are easy and cheap. Microsoft word has a template as do most word processing programs. If you don't have a computer or printer at home any internet shop will do. Pick a nice paper. Gray or blue is good. White is too visible.

Sound like you got this down to pat 'mark45y' have you ever thought of getting a publicist? For 150 Baht and a bottle of white whisky you could get a man to circulate handing out your cards to young fillies that meet you specifications, this would free up, your "getting down" and buterflying time.

Edited by Tonto21

I had an acquaintance who looked (and was) at least 20 years older than his wife's father. It looked totally pathetic. But there again, his wife is a gold digging trollop and therefore suppose 'what we saw, is what they had'.

Edited by evanson

I had an acquaintance who looked (and was) at least 20 years older than his wife's father. It looked totally pathetic. But there again, his wife is a gold digging trollop and therefore suppose 'what we saw, is what they had'.

I was wondering why someone would find an age difference between father and son in law totally pathetic. In the States I was the same age as my wife's father. Maybe a bit older. Nobody ever told me it was totally pathetic. He gave her away at the wedding and she showed the photos to everyone. She was an executive in a hospital. No one in the hospital ever told her it was pathetic.

Was it pathetic because his wife was a gold digging trollop?

Why does the age thing bother you? Do you think because some women prefer older men that makes all women of less value somehow?

Do you think all women who are with older men are gold digging trollops? Or maybe just in Thailand.

I was wondering why someone would find an age difference between father and son in law totally pathetic. In the States I was the same age as my wife's father. Maybe a bit older. Nobody ever told me it was totally pathetic. He gave her away at the wedding and she showed the photos to everyone. She was an executive in a hospital. No one in the hospital ever told her it was pathetic.

Why does the age thing bother you? Do you think because some women prefer older men that makes all women of less value somehow?

Do you think all women who are with older men are gold digging trollops? Or maybe just in Thailand.

In Thailand, a lot of men express their anxiety at being perceived as pedos when out with their young leuk kreung daughters, or sons for that matter. There would be no cause for concern by these men if they were of the same race, especially here. Geddit?

Age in no way bothers me. hel_l, my partners were all much younger than me in my home country, merely because I found them not so, um staid. But they were, again (I'm feeling I'm having to repeat myself), of the same Nationality and having mutual education/culural mutuality. Here my spouse (Thai) is of the same age. I find the young locals' lack of education, together with their enforced closemindedness, boring company.

It would be very disingenuous of you to say you are not aware of the sex for sale widely available in poor versus wealthy countries. So as 'hansum man' as you continue to perpetuate your view of yourself on thread after thread on this forum, you will be perceived as a sex tourist, as a white guy with an asian woman. Do you see?

And yes. Most of them are gold diggers and good for them I say! Surely there's been enough information re the local women on this and many other forums, not to mention the international media, to give you all the option of making an informed choice.

C'mon Last Word. Respondez vous. :-D

Edited by evanson

In Thailand, a lot of men express their anxiety at being perceived as pedos when out with their young leuk kreung daughters, or sons for that matter. There would be no cause for concern by these men if they were of the same race, especially here. Geddit?

Age in no way bothers me. hel_l, my partners were all much younger than me in my home country, merely because I found them not so, um staid. But they were, again (I'm feeling I'm having to repeat myself), of the same Nationality and having mutual education/culural mutuality. Here my spouse (Thai) is of the same age. I find the young locals' lack of education, together with their enforced closemindedness, boring company.

It would be very disingenuous of you to say you are not aware of the sex for sale widely available in poor versus wealthy countries. So as 'hansum man' as you continue to perpetuate your view of yourself on thread after thread on this forum, you will be perceived as a sex tourist, as a white guy with an asian woman. Do you see?

And yes. Most of them are gold diggers and good for them I say! Surely there's been enough information re the local women on this and many other forums, not to mention the international media, to give you all the option of making an informed choice.

I am trying to understand what you are saying and why.

You find old men with young wives in Thailand pathetic?

Or are you saying you find old men with young wives who were bar girls pathetic?

If you have forgotten I refer you to your above quote, "It looked totally pathetic."

I am trying to understand what you are saying and why.

You find old men with young wives in Thailand pathetic?

Or are you saying you find old men with young wives who were bar girls pathetic?

If you have forgotten I refer you to your above quote, "It looked totally pathetic."

Come on marky. I enjoy reading your posts but cut evanson some slack. He said the guy was 20 years older than her father. So imagine a situation where the girl is 20, the father is 45, and the old geezer is 65. I have to agree that such a situation does qualify as pathetic.

Why?

Because it reduces the institution of marriage, or just the cultural standard of finding a partner, to a business transaction. A 20 year old and a 65 year old do not share enough common cultural traits to form a lasting friendship. The only reason they are together is financial, and it does look kind of sad. Not because there is anything unnatural about it, but because it destroys the dream of what a life together is supposed to be like. It destroys the dream of growing old together and looking back on your 50 years of marriage and holding your great grandchildren in your arms together.

That loss of the dream, to be replaced by a relationship that is grounded merely in financial realities, is a very sorry state of affairs, and not what we are taught to aspire to.

I hope this never dose happen to me but if it did I would feel at least somewhat as though I failed her as a father. Not giving her the self esteem to believe she was worth more as a woman and a human being to than to stoop to that. But at the end of the day there is very little you can do other than tell the pedo old bastard what a PoS he is and move on.

I wouldn't turn my back on my daughter I would still love her, as part of it was probably my fault anyway, but he would never be welcome in my home.

Truely happened in my own country, many years ago:

The 37 year old daughter of our neighbour (father was 75) married a 82 year old very rich man with the understanding that she would inherit everything after his death.

We saw the old man many times, having dinner with is FIL (mama was dead already) and wife, sitting cosy together and sipping drinks in the garden in summer time.

Next year there was a funeral.

Her's .....................................and the husband became 97 I believe, even surpassing his FIL.

LaoPo :D

Reply to gregb.

Quote gregb "Come on marky. I enjoy reading your posts but cut evanson some slack. He said the guy was 20 years older than her father. So imagine a situation where the girl is 20, the father is 45, and the old geezer is 65. I have to agree that such a situation does qualify as pathetic.

Why?

Because it reduces the institution of marriage, or just the cultural standard of finding a partner, to a business transaction. A 20 year old and a 65 year old do not share enough common cultural traits to form a lasting friendship. The only reason they are together is financial, and it does look kind of sad. Not because there is anything unnatural about it, but because it destroys the dream of what a life together is supposed to be like. It destroys the dream of growing old together and looking back on your 50 years of marriage and holding your great grandchildren in your arms together.

That loss of the dream, to be replaced by a relationship that is grounded merely in financial realities, is a very sorry state of affairs, and not what we are taught to aspire to."

My response.

Perhaps I should use my relationship in the west to take the Thai bar girl equation out of the picture.

She got married at 17 because she was pregnant. Her husband seemed like a nice guy. He was a car salesman. He made good money. He wasn't ready for a baby. He attacked her and got put in prison. She was a neighbor of mine and I knew her parents.

I gave her a job and she was good at it. She booked the banquets for my restaurant and gave sales presentations to groups about what kind of food we could provide and so on. She moved in with me. I wanted to marry her. I was 50 something at the time she 18. I provided her and the baby with a stable home life. No drugs no booze. And her family across the street to babysit. When I got old she and the child would get the small chain of restaurants. Perhaps that is a financial arrangement.

My first wife's father was 60 when he married her mother who was 18. They had 8 kids. They lived on a 600 acre farm. Dad died at 99.

I think you forget that 50% of marriages end in divorce. 10 years is a good run for a lot of people. Folks no longer get married and stay married for 50 years that's a rarity.

Love may be the worst reason in the world to get married. If one of my daughters tells me she is getting married I remind her to check off a whole list of things about the potential husband and love is not on the list. Financial stability, or potential financial stability is right up there at the top. I don't think that is a sorry state of affairs especially since most divorces are caused by financial problems.

There was a 30 year age difference between myself and my fiancée. What possible interests could we share? Her child, our business, sailing, Florida, I had a sailboat and she liked to sail. Riding, ballroom dancing, playing the guitar, cooking at home and at work. Skiing in Canada, she also spoke French and half of my family speaks French. Dinner out and movies. Shopping for her daughter, our house and the restaurant. She got along well with my daughters because my kids wanted nothing to do with the restaurants. We went to a lot of black tie charity events (good business contacts). She liked dressing up and dancing. To dance well together you have to take dance lessons, tango, rumba and so on. She liked taking dancing lessons.

The only reason I go into this in so much detail is I don't think you have any idea how a couple with a significant age difference can get along or what they do. Women adapt very easily to an older man. Maybe now you have a little better understanding.

I wonder if you were a rice farmer who lived in a shack, and made enough to eat off say 5 rai, and had little of anything else, and little hope of breaking the cycle of poverty..........I wonder if your values about the type of person your daughter married would be affected.

Now I'm not saying you send your daughters out to find a rich foreigner, but if they did happen to turn up with one.......well being the rice farmer....are you likely to object too much?