Plane On Fire?

garyh

Did anyone hear anything about a plane with a fire in 1 engine around lunch time today?

Local village kids including my nephew said they saw a red plane (maybe air asia) flying north over here 20 KM south of CNX with fire under one wing.

I am not certain this happen as it was kids so don't shoot me down if it is a load of bull :)

Edited by garyh

No confirmation of this can be found on any Thai/English news outlet.

I've noticed that airline incidents happening here often go unpublished in the news. Last year an airbus took off with a disintigrating engine bearing and had to go around to dump fuel in order to make an emergency landing. Earlier this year another commercial jet took off as 1 of it's wheels detached and bounced down the runway as the plane left. Both times the planes returned safely but these two incidents weren't advertised. I have a friend who works in the cargo section who's always telling me some strange things going on over there. I heard and saw the bad bearing, fuel dump, flight and he later explained what happened to me. I guess there would be less passengers if we all heard too much?