Looking For A Remote Place To Sun-Tan By The Beach

healthcaretaker

Hi Pattayans,

I will be in Pattaya for a few days and I need to tan my skin well. As I will be wearing the minimum, just a smll swimming trunk or maybe nothing in order to get a better tan, I hope to be at a place with minimum people. At least where fully clothed people will not be able to see me. B)

Secondly, I know it is illegal to be nude by the beach in Thailand. I will not nude totally. If I have a small towel to cover my most important part, is it ok ?;)

Which beach and which part of it will you recommend me for the most privacy ?

Thank you.

Timekeeper I was thinking of that being the only beach somewhat secluded. Pattaya isn't what I would consider close to having any remote beaches.Dongtan probably your best bet. Edit:

I just noticed you are male.....while females can baste their top portions off(usually the heavy st Germans or Russians -that no one really want to see. A man is most likely to be going pokey bound. Koh Samet way don past the usual beaches may be a better option. Really your cheapest option to sun bathe you privates is a Tanning salon could be a lot cheaper in the long run cause if the heat wants you to stand up you can be certain he will have you stand up without your trunks to stick you with a mighty hefty fine ....Or just wear speedos. Dongtan is that kind of beach.

Edited by Beardog

Thank you for the replies.<BR><BR>Is that a long beach ? Which part or end is more remote ? If possible, some rocky area where I can be "hidden" except for the sun will be ideal. I will go and check it out but if I know the exact spot will save me time. I will just go and get my tan fast and go off; so that I can spend more time to explore Pattaya :-)

I have thought of UV saloon tan but there are hard to find in my country or too expensive.

Edited by healthcaretaker

Dongtan is a gay beach.

finally ...........

Take a ferry 30 baht to Koh Larn can catch the ferry at the far end of walking street.Much safer than Dongtan unless you like that sort of thing.:ermm:

I never thought Dongtan was very dangerous... what makes you say that, krap?

Thanks all.

I wish to get a tan as quick and convenient as possible. I don't think will take the trouble to go any island.

I don't care whether it's a gay beach or any other kind of beach as long as I get my job done without being harmed.

In fact, i don't mind being admired and if others enjoy watching me, why not let them ? :D

Thanks all.

I wish to get a tan as quick and convenient as possible. I don't think will take the trouble to go any island.

I don't care whether it's a gay beach or any other kind of beach as long as I get my job done without being harmed.

In fact, i don't mind being admired and if others enjoy watching me, why not let them ? :D

thank you for your thanks on recommending Dongtan beach.

i realised early on what you were seeking and thought it ideal for you.......

Thanks all.

thank you for your thanks on recommending Dongtan beach.

i realised early on what you were seeking and thought it ideal for you.......

It's too early to tell......let me visit the place first. I am still planning.....I may just cancel Pattaya and go to Ko Samet or Hua Hin, both I have not been before.:)

Just walk pass Avalon and then you will find the most quiest places, but not as quiet as the rock sunbath places we have in the west:

http://maps.google.c...r=&z=12&iwloc=A

What beach is this and from which road to I get in ?

The google map did not mention name of beach and the road names are in Thai.

Thanks.

That beach shown on the map is at the end of Dongtan Beach, below Pratumnak Hill.

There are three ways that I know of to access it. I've heard of several other ways. But the condos and Hotels in the area, probably won't allow you to pass through their property.

Park at the parking lot of Dongtan beach (next to the Police station). Walk about 1.5 km north past the the Rescue center to where there are steps down to the beach. When I was there last during Loy Kratong, they were doing construction (putting in what appeared to be a large drain out to the ocean).

Park in Pattaya Park Hotel (Thrappaya Soi 12). Walk down to the beach from the hotel. Again walk north about 300 meters. (Pattaya Park Hotel is near the Rescue center).

Park at the end of Pratumnak Soi 5 (or in a parking lot that is about 100 meters north of Pratumnak Soi 5) along the beach. Walk down to the beach. You are in the area.

If I recall, when the tide is low the were some secluded areas of sand (but usually occupied by fishermen) south of Princess Som's Palace. On the north side of that parking lot. It might be a risky area as there might be Royal Thai Police posts up on the cliffs in that area to guard the Palace.

Edited by BB1950

Thank you but I am not driving,

If I go by tuk-tuk or songteaw, where shall I get down and start to walk ?

I guess I will be walking around the main road, where shall I start to walk into the beach ? The google map dont show any direct access.

Just walk pass Avalon and then you will find the most quiest places, but not as quiet as the rock sunbath places we have in the west:

http://maps.google.c...r=&z=12&iwloc=A

What beach is this and from which road to I get in ?

The google map did not mention name of beach and the road names are in Thai.

Thanks.

That beach shown on the map is at the end of Dongtan Beach, below Pratumnak Hill.

There are three ways that I know of to access it. I've heard of several other ways. But the condos and Hotels in the area, probably won't allow you to pass through their property.

Park at the parking lot of Dongtan beach (next to the Police station). Walk about 1.5 km north past the the Rescue center to where there are steps down to the beach. When I was there last during Loy Kratong, they were doing construction (putting in what appeared to be a large drain out to the ocean).

Park in Pattaya Park Hotel (Thrappaya Soi 12). Walk down to the beach from the hotel. Again walk north about 300 meters. (Pattaya Park Hotel is near the Rescue center).

Park at the end of Pratumnak Soi 5 (or in a parking lot that is about 100 meters north of Pratumnak Soi 5) along the beach. Walk down to the beach. You are in the area.

If I recall, when the tide is low the were some secluded areas of sand (but usually occupied by fishermen) south of the Crown Prince's ex-wife, Som's Palace. Just north of that parking lot.

Without knowing where you are starting from and you don't drive. I can't give you anymore information. There are no baht buses in that area.

Take the baht bus to Jomtien beach. Get down at the Police Station at Dongtan beach as the others have mentioned. Then start walking along the beach path towards the north about 1.5 km you find it.

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling. Expecting to get a baht bus to take you to a remote place by the beach. Baht buses in Pattaya/Jomtien only travel in areas with lots of traffic. There are no public Tuks Tuks here either. Who are you trying to fool? I took the bait once from you, but I won't due it again!

.Just cancel Pattaya and go to Ko Samet or Hua Hin! I have no idea what you are fishing for. What it looks like what you want, does not exist. 100% pure BS!

Interesting you mentioned Ko Samet, but weren't interested in venturing to Ko Larn.

By the way, there are no Tuk Tuks on Ko Samet. The baht buses only run across the top of the the island. They only drop you off at one ot the resorts, very similar to Koh Larn. which drop you off at one of the beaches.

Obviously you haven't experienced the direct sun in here in Thailand. In just a short time in the sun you will be beet red.

I wish your happy red ass back to your home country. :whistling:

Edited by BB1950

Without knowing where you are starting from and you don't drive. I can't give you anymore information. There are no baht buses in that area.

Take the baht bus to Jomtien beach. Get down at the Police Station at Dongtan beach as the others have mentioned. Then start walking along the beach path towards the north about 1.5 km you find it.

I'm beginning to think you're just trolling. Expecting to get a baht bus to take you to a remote place by the beach. Baht buses in Pattaya/Jomtien only travel in areas with lots of traffic. There are no public Tuks Tuks here either. Who are you trying to fool? I took the bait once from you, but I won't due it again!

.Just cancel Pattaya and go to Ko Samet or Hua Hin! I have no idea what you are fishing for. What it looks like what you want, does not exist. 100% pure BS!

Interesting you mentioned Ko Samet, but weren't interested in venturing to Ko Larn.

By the way, there are no Tuk Tuks on Ko Samet. The baht buses only run across the top of the the island. They only drop you off at one ot the resorts, very similar to Koh Larn. which drop you off at one of the beaches.

Obviously you haven't experienced the direct sun in here in Thailand. In just a short time in the sun you will be beet red.

I wish your happy red ass back to your home country. :whistling:

I think it is not right of you to think I am trolling and state that what I looking for is 100% pure BS! Unless you have a different meaning to BS which differs mine.:whistling:

Dongtan is a gay beach.

WAS a gay beach.....I was down there the other week and it was jammed with allsorts...in fact the most crowded section of all of Jomtien.

Mostly former Soviet Republic nationals, Thais, Western Europeans, Kurds, Serbs, Indians, Pakastani, Bangladeshi, Samoans, Auzzies, Kiwis, Yarpie South Africans an old Native American and a few Pitcairn Islanders......

its true - I asked them all where they came from... and they were of both genders. I think the days of overweight old gay guys with small Thai men fawning over them have gone...

but I could be wrong....some one on TV always jumps on to tell me I am....:jap:

p.s. I am not gay.......really I'm not.....I was just taking a look....and I am not paranoid about people thinking I am gay...really ...I think..?

Edited by lonewolf99

Dongtan is a gay beach.

WAS a gay beach.....I was down there the other week and it was jammed with allsorts...in fact the most crowded section of all of Jomtien.

Mostly former Soviet Republic nationals, Thais, Western Europeans, Kurds, Serbs, Indians, Pakastani, Bangladeshi, Samoans, Auzzies, Kiwis, Yarpie South Africans an old Native American and a few Pitcairn Islanders......

its true - I asked them all where they came from... and they were of both genders. I think the days of overweight old gay guys with small Thai men fawning over them have gone...

but I could be wrong....some one on TV always jumps on to tell me I am....:jap:

p.s. I am not gay.......really I'm not.....I was just taking a look....and I am not paranoid about people thinking I am gay...really ...I think..?

i think my doctor thinks i am paranoid

he has never said as much but i know what the wrinkly old b*stard is thinking........