Condo Rental Problem

I rented a condo in Phuket and am having problems

It was all handled through the office lady who works downstairs

Before moving in, she said the internet would be working within a few days no problem (can only use government TOT because the building is not wired for any other company), the gym would be open within 10 days (just waiting for a QC check), and the bathroom door would be fixed by maintenance ASAP.

Now it's been a week and half and the internet will not be up for a couple more weeks, the gym for probably a month or more, and the bathroom door perhaps never. Beyond that, it's been a real annoyance to even get small things taken care of; I still don't have my second keycard for the front door.

The office lady earned a commission off me moving in, which is likely the reason she was less than honest.

I asked to speak to the manager about these things and was told I cannot ("she's very busy"). Asked if the deposit money could be returned if I moved out and was told no.

What's my best course of action for either 1) getting these things taken care of or 2) getting my deposit back and moving elsewhere?

Edited by BlueEasySleep

Sorry, EBS, but you are out of luck. The office lady downstairs, with no official capacity with the condominium owner, can tell you anything she wishes to induce you to sign the lease. She can create no obligation by the condominium owner to resolve any of the deficiencies she (mis)represented to you.

The only persons who can do that are the condominium owners, or their official representative ... and in Thailand, I would get that in writing (not that written contracts are easily honored here anyway).

You've been "Thai'd". Welcome to Thailand, pilgrim.

Go down to the TOT office and slip a few baht asking friendly when they connect your internet. I guess within a day or 2.

Fix the bathroom door, costs you a few hundred baht at most.

If you walk to TOT and walk to find someone to fix the bathroom door you will have your free fitness.

Welcome to Thailand.

The one thing you need to know more than any other country is "when the lips are moving they are probably lying" real estate comapnies seem quite good at this here, when buying a new condo ask them if ay plans for building next door etc I was told No plans when looking but within 12 months a new building is going up by THE SAME developer hahahahahah, I didnt buy.

• 5 weeks later...

Options:

Move out but forget about getting the deposit back.

Stick it out and learn to live with it.

Find out who are the sitting members on the Condo Committee and report the 'downstairs employee' and hope for some resolution of your issues.

Demand to know who the actual owner of the condo is and take it up with them (they might be very helpful and not know about this).

It's too late now to retroactively think about what the lease agreement should have been so just choose one of the above.

Hope it works out and welcome to Thailand.

PhiPhi