Need To Do A New Visa

So I have just been informed that the company I word for is closing down on the 31st of December and thus my Workpermit/Visa that expires on the same day will not be renewed. I will still be doing consulting in Thailand so will open my own company but my question is do I have to leave the country to go onto a Non-B ,Non-o(I am married to a thai girl) or is there a way that I can open the company and transfer my work permit over.

To be honest I have become used to only getting the 90 day stamp at immegration so if I dont have to leave that would be great. Your input would be appreciated.

I am a South African and have been with this company for 3 years now.

OK, since you're married to a Thai you should have the option of a 60 day extension to visit her, that will take the pressure off for a while.

If you have the funds available (400,000 Baht in the bank for 3 months) go for a marriage extension for 12 months. You could use the 60 day extension to gain time to season the money in the bank.

Either way you should not have to leave the country :)

OK, since you're married to a Thai you should have the option of a 60 day extension to visit her, that will take the pressure off for a while.

If you have the funds available (400,000 Baht in the bank for 3 months) go for a marriage extension for 12 months. You could use the 60 day extension to gain time to season the money in the bank.

Either way you should not have to leave the country :)

Thank you that certainly brightened up my day, do I need to wait for my current visa to expire or can I just go to immegration and get the extension any time until it expires?