Pasport Through The Wash - By Accident!

Advice please!!!!!

Currently I have a single entry tourist visa. I got a new passport last week because the old pp is full. My visa is in the old passport. I am due to go to immigration the end of this month for my one month extension. Accidently put the old pp through the wash - have copies of the visa and stamps etc.

Will immigration still give me the one month extension? Should I take the washed pp to immigration?

1. If you have transfered your permission of the stay from the old passport to the new passport there is no problem at all they will extending it.
  2. In the case you haven't done this and the visa is damaged and unreadable you have no chance don't waste your time going
  3. If you visa is still readable for a little bit and you haven't transfered the permission of stay go to Immigration after 14:00 They are less busy and less stressed. Dress up properly (no sleeveless shirts and no shorts) All this because your luck with depend only on the mood of the immigration officer. If he/she feels sorry for you and sees you as a poor friendly tourist in need of help you might get lucky (smiling and speaking friendly will also help a lot) Just as a note for you the immigration officer has no obligation to extend your visa or do anything in your case so remember shouting and demanding will only decrease your chances of getting what you want to 0

Edited by klauswernst198

With copies of the visa and stamps (did you copy the TM6 arrival card too?) I doubt you'll have serious problems even if you didn't transfer your stay to the new passport. Take everything to immigration.

Let us know how you got on.

Single entery visa =30 days so why are you going to get another 30 days? :blink::blink: It will not be a problem for your passport, as when landing in BKK etc they take a photo as we all know and swipe your passport at the same time, i think the only issue you have is your not going to get another 30 days unless things have changed since yesterday, i could be soooooooo wrong :rolleyes:

He has a normal tourist visa so can extend 30 days on that permitted to stay time. He will have to have the permitted to stay stamp transferred into the new passport and notation of the visa made in it. Once that is done he can extend for 30 days in a normal manner using TM.7 form and paying the 1,900 baht fee. There is no charge of the transfer but a small form to fill out.

He has a normal tourist visa so can extend 30 days on that permitted to stay time. He will have to have the permitted to stay stamp transferred into the new passport and notation of the visa made in it. Once that is done he can extend for 30 days in a normal manner using TM.7 form and paying the 1,900 baht fee. There is no charge of the transfer but a small form to fill out.

WHAT????? you can extend a tourist visa stamped at BKK for another 30 days by doing what, Jomtien soi 5 and paying the usual cost , i dont think so or have i had 1 too many leos tonight and not understood your explination

WHAT????? you can extend a tourist visa stamped at BKK for another 30 days by doing what, Jomtien soi 5 and paying the usual cost , i dont think so or have i had 1 too many leos tonight and not understood your explination

A Tourist Visa can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration. 1,900 Baht.

A Tourist Visa can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration. 1,900 Baht.

since when?

Seriously where is this written??????????????????????????????????????

Police Order 777/2551

2.4 In the case of tourists:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 30 days at a time but not exceeding 90 days in total, counting from the entry date.

(1) The alien has obtained a tourist visa

(2) The alien must not be of the nationality or type restricted by the Performance Follow-up Committee attached to the Immigration Bureau.

Police Order 2008.pdf

Seriously where is this written??????????????????????????????????????

Police Order 777/2551

2.4 In the case of tourists:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 30 days at a time but not exceeding 90 days in total, counting from the entry date.

(1) The alien has obtained a tourist visa

(2) The alien must not be of the nationality or type restricted by the Performance Follow-up Committee attached to the Immigration Bureau.

Police Order 2008.pdf

2 YEARS OUT OF DATE :annoyed:

morphious

A Tourist Visa, obtained from a Thai consular office abroad gives 60 days on entry which can be extended for 30 days.

A Visa Exempt Entry gives 30 (by air) or 15 (by land) and can be extended for 7 days (if showing an outbound ticket within that time.

I can remember the old 15 day extension, used it a couple of times on a Non-O, but that was 12+ years ago.

morphious

A Tourist Visa, obtained from a Thai consular office abroad gives 60 days on entry which can be extended for 30 days.

A Visa Exempt Entry gives 30 (by air) or 15 (by land) and can be extended for 7 days (if showing an outbound ticket within that time.

I can remember the old 15 day extension, used it a couple of times on a Non-O, but that was 12+ years ago.

Visa Exemption arriving without a visa is a small stamp this one can only be extended 7 days. Initial length varies depending on your country here is the full list http://www.mfa.go.th/internet/document/ChartVisa.pdf

Visa on Arrival gives 15 days (looks like a normal tourist visa and only person who can not get the visa exception stamp due to their nationality need to apply for it) this one can only be extended in case of serious illness or relevant reason http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2491

Tourist visa obtained from an embassy abroad can be 30 -60 days depending on your nationality, this one can be extended for 30 days (30 days is given only to some African countries)

I put my brand new 64 page passport through the wash also. It was totally destroyed. I received a new one and transferred work permit and non-b visa over to the new one at immigration.

Really. ?..since when is a work permit put in your passport....? A

And you dont transfer your Non-imm B either...only the permission to stay stamp....

I suspect the passport number is part of a work permit so needs to be changed? Have never had so not sure on that. But have has such experience with bank accounts.

The visa information indeed is transferred into the new passport as well as current permitted to stay stamp. What is not transferred would be a valid visa for entry. That would require using both passports.

I was meaning tied to the work permit somewhere. Either in the text or supporting documents I would expect it to be listed. This is a national ID country so close watch is placed in ID numbers and for foreigners it is there passport.

It does list all my personal data, like date of birth, nationality etc, but not my passport number.

When I got a new passport no correction where made in my work permit. (Other then at that time I had to get a new extension of the work permit as it was tied to the expiration date of the old passport).